What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can Anyone Tell the Sex of this Plant Yet?

Look at the arrow

Look at the arrow

Unless you've got an autoflowering strain I can't imagine that's a pistil on a plant that age.

Mind you if they're out of a bag they might be Autos without you knowing :p
Demon look on the right side of the plant in this pic behind the stem is that a pistil. See the little thing with what looks like hairs?

Attachments

• Week5-start1-closeupArrow.jpg
    Week5-start1-closeupArrow.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Gelado`

Veteran
We all know what you think is a pistil, but it's highly unlikely at this stage because your plants are still weeks behind the stage where you'd be seeing preflowers. I'm gonna say it's a stipule, when very young they look almost like pistils.

The pic is too blurry to tell for sure, but sit tight for now. I'd say you have at least two weeks before that stage. Your plants also look like they could use some N to me...

This was my Ice Cream a few days ago...no sign of preflowers yet (27 days from raising its head). The largest fans are 5" across...

picture.php

We all know what you think is a pistil, but it's highly unlikely at this stage because your plants are still weeks behind the stage where you'd be seeing preflowers. I'm gonna say it's a stipule, when very young they look almost like pistils.

The pic is too blurry to tell for sure, but sit tight for now. I'd say you have at least two weeks before that stage. Your plants also look like they could use some N to me...

This was my Ice Cream a few days ago...no sign of preflowers yet (27 days). The largest fans are 5" across...

View Image
Sweet pic ok just wanna be sure cant afford any oops'. Some Nitrogen you think so?

Gelado`

Veteran
Could just be the pic, but yeah. Give them a slightly stronger feed with the next watering (emphasis on slightly). :)

Could just be the pic, but yeah. Give them a slightly stronger feed with the next watering (emphasis on slightly). :)
Ok because I stopped the feeding because It looked like I was getting nute burn on the tips of the leaves. So i'll give em a feeding but they look green on my end you sure its not the pic. What's making you feel they need some nutes?

Gelado`

Veteran
They look a little light-colored. If you got a little nute burn last time use a little less this time.

Gelado`

Veteran
As for the critters thing, I'm not sure, but see if you see any little black dots on your plants...that are squishable. That or tiny spiders.

As for the critters thing, I'm not sure, but see if you see any little black dots on your plants...that are squishable. That or tiny spiders.
ok I don't see anything moving or what ever. May be I should hit em with a light soap and water spray any how?

T

trichster

Is this a outdoor or indoor grow? If indoor what size light and what size pot you got them in now ? If outdoor how much light a day is it getting? I see the new growth in first pic from the repot so you should be good. I see no "critters" only dust on leafs from upgrade. What soil are you using?

Is this a outdoor or indoor grow? If indoor what size light and what size pot you got them in now ? If outdoor how much light a day is it getting? I see the new growth in first pic from the repot so you should be good. I see no "critters" only dust on leafs from upgrade. What soil are you using?
This is an indoor grow with 6- 33watt 150 eqiv CFL's 2090 lumens each, 26 watt Full spectrum Hal, 1- 24" single bar 25 watt Grow light. Just repotted into 6"x6"x8" pots with Miracle Grow organic choice potting soil, perlite, and Espoma Organic Bio-tone dry plant food mix into soil 3 tbsp. and Miracle Grow Liquid Plant food (backup). They were rooted out and yes the growth explosion occurred when I repotted them.