What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can Air Pumps be Replaced and Other Cool Ideas

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I do believe once Ignored the user would still be able to reply you just wouldn't see the post.

I understand your point in not being able to defend yourself. But if your looking to avoid the issues, it's the easiest way. The back and forth arguing turned pissing match can really kill a threads productivity and even get a thread closed.

I think its a happy medium, Yeah you won't be able to defend yourself from what you feel is ignorance and stupidity. But isn't that the whole point? Avoiding post from members you feel don't contribute anything useful to your threads so that you don't end up in some nonsensical argument over an issue from years ago or just hard feelings in general.

What is honestly the better course of action? Ignore them and never have to argue or debate with their post again, or continue to clog up your threads with unrelated off topic rants and argumentative/insults?

Happy Posting, and Happy New Year everybody! :tiphat:
There is an old saying... if 9 people out of 10 think your an a$$ you probably are! Especially those who argue with themselves.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is an old saying... if 9 people out of 10 think your an a$$ you probably are! Especially those who argue with themselves.

I believe it was Abe Lincoln who said,

Before he spoke, I thought he was a fool, and after he did, he removed all doubt

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
“It’s silly to try to escape other people’s faults. They are inescapable.
Just try to escape your own.”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
“It’s silly to try to escape other people’s faults. They are inescapable.
Just try to escape your own.”

― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

yet another post that adds NOTHING, and this from a what... a super mod? LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts