What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CAMBODIAN SATIVA

Hmong

Veteran
@TAÏNY hey, thank you I'm doing great, how are you?
sorry I dont actually speak Thai besides some hand & feet, as Im just a white European guy haha
chose the name because when joining ICmag, I was all over the Thai Sativa thread and had been growing those Hmong Hilltribe seeds.

looks like a Laos but the buds formation looks like a true Cambodian
thats exactly what I was thinking after reading your great info about the heritage
comparing pictures, I would match them with Cambodian the most, because of the similar structure.
colas get very dominant on mine, especially when made into hybrids

this is a Hmong Hilltribe x Pakistan Chitral Kush F1, for example:

full

full

left one in the back too (green pheno)
just huuuge!

Last edited:

TAÏNY

@TAÏNY hey, thank you I'm doing great, how are you?
sorry I dont actually speak Thai besides some hand & feet, as Im just a white European guy haha
chose the name because when joining ICmag, I was all over the Thai Sativa thread and had been growing those Hmong Hilltribe seeds.

thats exactly what I was thinking after reading your great info about the heritage
comparing pictures, I would match them with Cambodian the most, because of the similar structure.
colas get very dominant on mine, especially when made into hybrids

this is a Hmong Hilltribe x Pakistan Chitral Kush F1, for example:

full

full

left one in the back too (green pheno)
just huuuge!
I'm color-blind dude when it comes to HUMAN RACE... And if it's you breeding this purple plant, bravo she's pretty :).

TAÏNY

I'm color-blind dude when it comes to HUMAN RACE... And if it's you breeding this purple plant, bravo she's pretty :).
p.s.: Since I'm in space right now Hmong... forgot to tell you that all Cambodian Pure have only one pheno. They'll smell the green mango from start to finish when you rub your fingers against her stem.

Hmong

Veteran
ok very interesting, thx
I remember the Hmong Hilltribe beeing very "carotty", which I could have easily mistaken with some unripe mango, since I have never eaten a real mango before because where I live we only get imports!
the purple hybrid is my own work, yes
I had to make it, because the Hmong Hilltribe didnt have any males back then and I wanted to save the genes somehow, after a friend decided to flower the save cuttings :/

are you in Cambodia? I heard its much cooler than Thailand, much more relaxed on everything.
how is imigration regarding the vaxx? If its cool, I might think about visiting winter 23/24 or so

TAÏNY

ok very interesting, thx
I remeber the Hmong Hilltribe beeing very "carotty", which I could have easily mistaken with some unripe mango, since I have never eaten a real Mango before because where I live we only get imports!
the purple hybrid is my own work, yes
I had to make it, because they Hmong Hilltribe didnt have any males back then and I wanted to save the genes somehow, after a friend decided to flower the save cuttings :/
Very cool! I can tell you love plants... The carrot smelling type is for sure an original Laos - Hmong pheno and can reach five meters easily if grown up the mountain in S.E.A..Once I'm sure to get the real Cambodian, I'll give you some Hmong. To me nature is for everybody I'm not into "Pimping Nature"

Hmong

Veteran
@TAÏNY thank you brother, that would be amazing. I was already thinking about throwing together a Haze 2.0 hybrid with all the different Sativas i got. Some "Golden Triangle" cross would be amazing.
Hmong Hilltribe x Cambodian x ACE's new Thai and something for the spice, like Vietnam Black^
4 way hybrid, like OHaze.
But preservation always comes first! I am very much against modernity, i have read the UB manifesto haha
keeping all those heirlooms alive will be most important moving forward!
doesnt matter if cannabis or vegetables, just about everything.
I am not willing to give the globalists any control over my food & herbs!

hey hmong,
where did the hmong hilltribe seed come from originally do you know??

hy m8
I ordered them via Breeders Choice Organization from the UK back in 2012
they turned out to be scammers though and never fullfilled my 2nd order 2 years later, to get some more of these. I lost any information from back then, because my PC hard-drive died recently, together with my encrypted grow partition.
It said on their website, that the seeds were collected "in situ" and brought back by a Hmong relative to the UK, then given to them for sex stabilization and one reproduction.
They are very much stable, I massacred them over that 136 day flowering! and didnt see a single banana or sack, though they were fully seeded from PCK pollen, so I cant guarantee anything.

Last edited:

TAÏNY

@TAÏNY thank you brother, that would be amazing. I was already thinking about throwing together a Haze 2.0 hybrid with all the different Sativas i got. Some "Golden Triangle" cross would be amazing.
Hmong Hilltribe x Cambodian x ACE's new Thai and something for the spice, like Vietnam Black^
But preservation always comes first! I am very much against modernity, i have read the UB manifesto haha

hy m8
they turned out to be scammers though and never fullfilled my 2nd order 2 years later, to get some more of these. I lost any information from back then, because my PC hard-drive died recently, together with my encrypted grow partition.
It said on their website, that the seeds were collected "in situ" and brought back by a Hmong relative to the UK, then given to them for sex stabilization and one reproduction.
They are very much stable, I massacred them over that 136 day flowering! and didnt see a single banana or sack, though they were fully seeded from PCK pollen, so I cant guarantee anything.
@Hmong
The mediatic world is always a bit funny to me... Like "NAMING A COUNTRY" on planet health or dissolving one!!! like they did for "YUGOSLAVIA"
I give you a simple explanation for all of them confusions about S.E.A. CANNABIS.
Just look at the parts of lands of Southeast-Asia way back and you'll understand all of the cannabis's names that modern "COUNTRIES" had given...if you really wanted to understand the real truth...

"ការកុហករបស់មនុស្សគឺតែងតែដើម្បីលុយ..."

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
if you really wanted to understand the real truth...
I never trust Wikipedia for the truth :ROFLMAO:
"ការកុហករបស់មនុស្សគឺតែងតែដើម្បីលុយ..."
indeed! thats a very nice quote!

Like "NAMING A COUNTRY"
I was not naming countries, I was naming genotypes of Cannabis.
When i say Colombian Gold, or Vietnam Black it is not nationalistic, its just weed^
those names help everyone here know what is going on.

All I know of the Khmer people is, that they are no more and its because of civilizational decline and centuries of fighting the Siamese. Personally I dont care who brought the weed there, all I care about is its distinct varieties.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
seems likely to have come from yunnan originally ,
apparently they have the exact same as what we call thai stuff there ,
but it lacks the potency ,
they also have stuff like indica ,
we have seen thin leafed chinese indica type that came from yunnan and was growing in parts of Australia, taken here by chinese immigrants and gold miners.
i find the history of that region which encompasses Laos , Thailand and Cambodia very interesting ,
ive tried to read as much as i can when i see the information available,
its true the Khmer civilization heavily influenced all that is there now , much of the thai culture was copied from them...

herbgreen

Veteran
Hey, after listening to that pod cast Im gonna be talkin' different around here when it comes to cannabis

Its a...... Sa-taiva

I love that pronunciation!

Its like " Am -sta- dam " which is how I say it now

Oh yeah, I like a good Satyva!

Damnright!

:watchplant:

funkyhorse

If it hits, then it is probably not from Yunnan
I arrived to Yunnan a couple of years after the writer of the article and I found the same things he found
All he writes its true. Seed was sold at the markets at 2-4 RMB a kilo, at that time it was 0,25-0,50u$s

If you found good weed in Dali, it was grown from seed brought by travellers like myself

By the time RCC arrived to Yunnan, I was arriving to this magical place, gone sadly today, I miss it a lot
A bag of weed that would last you one week smoking at least 4-5 spliffs a day was 2u$s, same cost as a room at a cheap guestahouse at the old lake
The quality of the weed was same as the SEA brick, and the same quality I found in Indonesia from Sumatra at that same time

At that time in the 20th century, the movie you were watching at least once a day at every single guest house was this one, I suggest all youngsters to watch it so you dont forget what happened and you understand that by killing all elders you also killed the knowledge:

Cambodia is the creator of the most amazing ganja food in history, absolutely unmatched

TAÏNY

If it hits, then it is probably not from Yunnan
I arrived to Yunnan a couple of years after the writer of the article and I found the same things he found
All he writes its true. Seed was sold at the markets at 2-4 RMB a kilo, at that time it was 0,25-0,50u$s

If you found good weed in Dali, it was grown from seed brought by travellers like myself

By the time RCC arrived to Yunnan, I was arriving to this magical place, gone sadly today, I miss it a lot
A bag of weed that would last you one week smoking at least 4-5 spliffs a day was 2u$s, same cost as a room at a cheap guestahouse at the old lake
The quality of the weed was same as the SEA brick, and the same quality I found in Indonesia from Sumatra at that same time

At that time in the 20th century, the movie you were watching at least once a day at every single guest house was this one, I suggest all youngsters to watch it so you dont forget what happened and you understand that by killing all elders you also killed the knowledge:

Cambodia is the creator of the most amazing ganja food in history, absolutely unmatched

funkyhorse, my brother...
The real Dalat stuff is the same as the real Cambodian. So take precious care of what you'd collected because now in Cambodia, they'd fluffed it all up dude.
For $20.00 in Phnom Pehn is a 12.5 grams of fluffed up hybrid genetics!!! TO MAKE BELIEVE TO ONLY THE TOURISTS WHO HAD NEVER SKOME THE REAL ONE.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Do you think that is a relative to Ace's China Yunnan?

I think it came from Australia
yep i read that too ,
they sourced their yunnan indica from australia also ,
my mate moonunit said it was anti anxiety weed ,
so it helped calm down the aussie bushweed that could sometimes be a bit over the top and induced paranoia and anxiety , he mixed the two together along with png gold and came up with a lovely variety ...

lol on the sativa, aka sateeeva , hahahaha ,
i had a bit of a pause when i first heard the folks in amsterdam call it that ,, id never heard that pronunciation before ,
thats clearly an i in sativa, not an e ,, lol ...

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran

hy m8
i meant to comment on the lovely hybrid those hmong plants made man,
this is the true beauty of hybridization,
better than either parent and a sight to behold , also something fantastic to grow ,
i do love landrace sativa plants ,
but im also amazed at what wonderful hybrids can be made from them,
thanks for displaying the results of yours hmong ..

Hmong

Veteran
this is the true beauty of hybridization,

The way I make my hybrids is by looking on a global map, pin pointing the supposed location of my genetics and drawing a line, connecting the dots. The longer this line is, the crazier the result!
The most outstanding Hybrids have been with strains, that are located literally at the other side of the globe. The farther away, the less related the genotypes are and the better the heterosis effect will be.

I have made Hmong Hilltribe/PCK x Panama F1 already, like the original Skunk#1, its a 75% Satyyyva / 25% Indica, that comes with a completely different package, without any Afghan.
have lost all of my growpics of the last 10 years, when my hard-drive broke recently, so I only got pieces left which had been uploaded to the forums. Right now I'm trying to find and download them all.

Here is some HH/PCK x Panama, calling it Skunk 2.0, just better than whats out there!
Afghani is not the way! since everything is with Afghani today. You gotta try new and better things!

TKO_ID61.jpg

TKP_ID60 (2).jpg

TKP_ID60 (6).jpg
TKP_ID60 (4).jpg

atta_058272_TKP_2209 (2).jpg

atta_058093_TKP_1309 (1).jpg

Last edited: