What's new

Calling the Big Boys Out Of Hiding!! - Trimmer Machine

H

humboldtlocal

Twister is $12,800. Tumbleweed is $12,900. I think the Rolling Thunder is around $14,500. ReelPro around $13,000. There is a video on youtube of them pressure washing the Twister and it looks like you can spray every part of the machine. With the Tumbleweed you have to cover the front panel with a trash bag but you can spray everything else. The key to these machines lasting is being able to clean them really well after a full days use. The Twister looks like it comes apart to clean really easily. Anyone used the Twister before?

E

Eminem

How much can the tumbleweed process in a day. Someone told me two guys can run 50# through in one day. Possible?

samtodd

that twister looks badass for sure.. I think its the fact that they actually show results in good quality as opposed to an out of focus quick shot of some buds that may or may not be trimmed so well.. might have to pic one up.

bcoolbhappy

The Green Machine**ONLY 9,800**Best I've used*

The Green Machine**ONLY 9,800**Best I've used*

I'v tried the tumbleweed/samurai, Twister and the centurion and they all do basically the thing and personally they are way too expensive for what they are. Especially the centurion, you're paying for purple and blue anodized aluminum parts. There is this new company we found down in So. Cal. and they make a real nice machine. A few of my friends prefer it over those other two(samurai&centurion) and now it's the only one we've been using.

They weigh just about the same but THE GREEN MACHINE feels a little more durable and better built and REALLY performs the same if not better.. The guys seem pretty cool and answered all my questions, the best thing is it ONLY COST $9,800 way less then those other ones, and they even back it up with some kind of warranty. It's super easy to clean and real user/maintence friendly.
:woohoo:
My favorite part is it's HAND MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!!

I RECOMMEND "THE GREEN MACHINE" they have a website, but I don't think it's finished yet but all their contact info is on it

Last edited by a moderator:

bcoolbhappy

New Kid on the Block**Tumbling the Competition

New Kid on the Block**Tumbling the Competition

Wowzerzz!!!

You guys need to check out THE GREEN MACHINE!!

They've been making them for a year or so now but are finally going into business(we use them non-stop), they sell for $9,800 out the door complete with a dust/leaf collector. BUILT IN THE U.S.A

It's a real nice machine, it has a 22' cutting blade,the tumbler is made out of heavy gauge stainless steel with 3" slots, which will never warp, bend, or distort the barrel. This will ensure a clean precise trim for years and years. Easy cleaning, easy maintnence, real clean design and even comes with a tool to get at the whole machine.

It comes with somekind of limited life time warranty, the frame is made out of light weight structural steel (NOT ALUMINUM) with air craft aluminum structural siding to make it as light and DURABLE/STURDY as possible.There is a coming soon website at

and has all their order and contact info. I have known these guys for years and their way cool, they will answer any questions you might have.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

humboldtlocal

Looks pretty crappy. "Made in the USA", looks like it was made in Detroit in the 80's. Looks like it was made in china. I am all for American jobs but this looks pretty cheap. I think you get what you pay for with these machines. I would rather pay a little more for a machine with a proven track record.

Phukovsky

The Twister Machine

The Twister Machine

I'm with the company that makes the Twister leaf trimming machine. Just wanted to invite anyone interested to check out our site. And if anyone has questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Here's a video I like that demonstrates how the Twister is able to sort through a bunch of leaf and separate out the smallest buds (the ones often missed by hand trimmers). It may not seem like much, but after awhile those small amounts can really add up.

ffejrey1

The real dope ladies and gents...

The real dope ladies and gents...

It has been mentioned briefly but the BEST POWER TRIMMER by far I have ever seen... and used is www.strippers.ch . It is amazing. It is incredible. It is everything and more. I am trying to share some serious love here, I have no involvement with the company and know what I am talking about. I will also say up front that I have never used another trimmer -- and most likely will never need to.

If you want numbers I was told that "someone" did 20lb's in 2 hours and I find that completely possible. It is an extremely simply concept and well built machine. There is a stainless steel grate (like a bbq but about 3/4" separation). Below is a turbine with a blade on top inside a very study steel box with feet. There is a hole in the end of the box where the turbine (vacuum/fan...) shoots your trim into a perforated nylon satchel with a nice zipper (for emptying). You pull the material across the grate and everything you want trimmed gets sucked and cut.

The video is completely accurate, it's mind blowing... I have only used the large model and assume the smaller ones work on the same principle with a smaller grate and less suction. Very high quality build.

You have to do nothing to the plant to trim it simply turn on the machine, put beer in one hand and swipe with the other. Sun leaves, everything you don't want gone and ZERO loss of medicine. You could conceivably trim an entire plant however cutting into a few large sections seems to work best.

Any machine with a rolling tumbler requires some work cutting up before putting in and imho would kief the heck out of it or bruise much more bouncing around than a simple swiping. Yes - you lose some of the outer trichromes with this method but when you can take a solid weeks+ work and do it in about 3 hours who the heck cares. And no matter how hard you try you will get plenty of finger/scissor resin the old fasioned way so it's all give and take.

I will never use scissors again unless I am taking a few very special tops of wonderful medicine. You will fire all your helpers, you simply don't need them anymore.

Yes... you have to trim your medicine off the stem when you are done drying -- because the initial trim is so good however work is extremely minimal.

Best of all the large unit is about 1/3 the price you are talking about for the machines mentioned above. Imho this unit will smoke all others here there or anywhere. Very simple, very very effective.

Watch the video, find a store to order you one and change your life - well free up time and save money net net. No more bug eyes from concentration, no more numb fingers, no helpers needed.

I stumbled upon this forum researching if there was anything better than what I was so fortunate enough to be educated about. After learning whats out there and reading this forum I am totaling confident strippers.ch is THE answer.

Hope you get the chance to be converted - it's better than Scientology :yoinks:

H

humboldtlocal

It looks like an improvement over the similar trimpros because of the vacume sucking the leaf through the grate. But it is still very brutal on the buds. While I wouldn't mind being molested by a stripper I sure don't want my buds to be. The reel style trimmers are much more gentle on the buds. How do you sharpen the blades on the stripper? The problems I have seen with the trimpros is after the blades get dull there is no way to sharpen them and your buds start getting hacked. They get a grassy/hay smell to them. At least that is what I have seen with the XL and Automatic. How do you clean it? That has also been the big problem with the XL and Automatic trimpros. After a full days use I saw people spend three hours cleaning their machine. Not much of a time saver. You might be able to trim several pounds per hour with the stripper but the buds are going to need a lot of clean up afer they are dry. Same with the trimpros. What I like about the reel style trimmers is because you do all the big leafing and break down before it goes into the machine, you don't need tons of dry space to hang each branch. As I've mentioned before, we hang on collapsible nylon drying racks and you can put alot of them in one room. It is cool to see all of the new trim machines and I can't wait to see what advances in technology bring in the coming years. It looks like the Trim Machine wars have started. And no human trimmer is safe. Ha Ha Ha Ha

H

humboldtlocal

Another thought on these trimmers where you drag your buds across a grate. Have you looked at your trichs before and after the stripper molests them. The reel style trimmers are so gentle on the buds the trichs don't get damaged at all. I think they get even more damaged when trimming by hand because the bud is dry and the trichs just crumble off the buds. Everyone should check their trichs before and after trimming I think it can be a very enlightening experience. I do agree that being molested by a stripper is better than scientology though.

samtodd

has anyone been able to get a twister?? I guess these guys think im joking when i say i want to buy one right now.. LOL

smallpuff

We also dry on hanging collapsible nylon dry racks. because the nylon is soft the buds dont get flat.

Thanks for all the detailed info. I'm like you. I would like to see a video of the Twister in action.

I know this is a little off the subject but can you post a link to the nylon drying racks that you have eluded to.

Thanks

VanXant

Any more info on the "Green Machine"? Website?

Someone who knows about all these machines said the Twister was not as good as the Tumbleweed..dont know personally, just passing it on.

samtodd

Someone who knows about all these machines said the Twister was not as good as the Tumbleweed..dont know personally, just passing it on.

I would love to hear why?? Because thats the first time ive heard that.

H

humboldtlocal

Like I said before. All of these machines are pretty similar in the finished quality of the product. It is all about being able to clean and maintain your machine. And having a machine that wont fall apart, have motors burn out, have barrels warp. IMHO the Twister has solved some of the issues I have had with the Tumbleweed. I know I talked a lot of shit about how great the Tumbleweed is and it is a good machine, but the Twister has some major improvements, mainly the self sharpening blades and being able to clean it a lot better. Someone needs to make a machine that can do the big leafing and cut the buds off the stem for you. That would be the perfect addition to these machines. If someone can make some thing like that they will make a lot of money.

samtodd

i was in a store the other day and i saw a rack with about 3-4 levels but no shit had a diameter of 3-4 feet.. i think the price was decent on it too.. going to have to check it out.

VanXant

humboldtlocal,

The people I spoke of said the self-sharpening of the Twister doesnt really work properly. Does it work properly? How long have you seen a Twister operate?

After how many hours of operation does a Tumbleweed require disassembly/cleaning?

How many hours until the drum is warped?

sorry for all the q's. appreciate.