What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calling the Big Boys Out Of Hiding!! - Trimmer Machine

Lugen

I need a trimming machine, excuse I WILL need a trimming machine where I can do 1 - 2lbs/hr +.....

http://www.rollingthundermachine.com/

Do you think that machine could do it?

Anyone got experience with it?

I know it's expensive, but if it will cut trimming time by 50% it will pay for itself in one crop....

NuggyBuds

FYI here's an other one.
http://www.strippers.ch/
It's got a video to show you the speed

I have no experiance with these, but if your not worrie about waisting alot of trics then go for it. I'm sure the cutting time will be cut by alot more then 50%.

peace

Lugen

See I've used a Trimpro, similar to that one. And I find them faster, yes, but you still need someone to cut off the buds off the stalk, and the fan leaves, then someone to sit on a trimmer.

I like the one I posted for the simply reason it can all be done by one person. Chop the buds off the stalk and drop into the trimmer....Now in theory it sounds great, but if I'm goign to spend $15g's, I wanna know that damn thing works...

I would like to be able to do 16lbs in one day's worth of work...so 8hrs, or 2lbs an hour.

Lugen

Ya sounds like a big price, but if your chopping down 30lbs + in a harvest, how the hell you going to trim that without a trimmer, before it goes moldy, or retarded dry....??

Lugen

I want to set up a comparison when I have the chance. Do a competition, fastest trimmer, with the best trim.

Trimpro vs. rolling thunder vs. aardvark vs ?

Texas Kid

Which one is used in the Urban Grower videos?? I think it is the Rolling Thunder

That one looks like it would fit the bill with ease

Tex

Lugen

Ya man, there are people with the patience to trim...then there's us, lol

Even 10lbs by hand, fuck that....That's a lol of work man, espeically outdoor.

Sensi*

I've heard that the aardvarks are just like Flobes ? pronounced flow bee that people use to cut their hair with a vacuum. Seems like the same idea, and they're under $50

G

15k or 1,500? You prolly mean 1,500. lol i was thinking 15k i was like WOW what a sucker. But for 1,500 that is still very expensive but for 30 pounds worth id actually consider it. Im also eager to see how these machines stand up to eachother. keep us updated. Also got any pics of the field?

G

15,000? Wow man u dont fuck around do u? For that amount i guess this machine is a nessesity. Keep us posted on what u decide to go with and how it works. Any pics of ur erb?

Lugen

No pics, I'm actually working my balls off in order to make the money to set up properly. I'll post pic's later...maybe, lol.

Even if this machine doesn 3lbs (dry)/hr, still will take me a couple days after harvest to finish..

G

The Rolling Thunder is a savage beast of a machine. Quote of the century: "During downtime this machine makes a great rental." (from there website).

Do you live in Cali by any chance, that could be a whole business just renting that out to folks around here. Go buy a flatebed to haul that bitch around and you got yourself a nice little side hustle, lol. peace_highst

Last edited:

Lugen

oh shit, it's that big and bulky to lug around....I was wondering about that. If you can set it up permitely in one area, maybe it wouldnt be too bad.

If anything I would go see it before buying it....but if this thing can do 3lbs/hr it would be well worth it.

Renting it out in Cali is a good idea too...I wonder what I could charge for the rental?

G

Well, i see it this way. If your one of the Big Boys or Girls and your harvesting in the major weight. First off, 15K isn't that much at all. You figure your spending that much for a trim crew to normally trim out your fall harvest. If you invest in one of these units. Your cutting down your trim cost on the second harvest by reducing the number of trimmer's and amount of time to trim harvest. I know this is the same way the car factories and other industries killed off the human online work force. I also see it this way also. Less mouths mean less chance of someone giving out harvest info and less chance of ripper and LEO. This is just my opion on this unit. You would have to locate is at different sites, so no one would know where trim location might be at next harvest time.
Happy New Years,
BG

Lugen

That is the exact reason why I want one. I dont want trimmers, period, family only. But if it's only me and maybe one or two other people, how much can i REALLY harvest in that amount of time? Without a super fast trimmer it really limits the amount I can grow without losing crops to bud mold, or some other shit at the end of harvest. Imagine that! Having a great big harvest, but unable to process it fast enough, then losing it all? What a kick in the junk that'd be!