What's new

CALLING ALL GUITARISTS

IWanaGetHiSoHi

Drifting is some Craaaaaaazy ass shit!!! There seems to be a lot more people than just Andy there ... are you saying candyrat is His youtube "experience" or videos from his personal site? Sorry if I'm being hard to manage ... I was told to type in candyrat at youtube and I was amazed. My only wish is to hear/see/share badass guitar playing.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
I think its a lable sort of....Andy Mckee is one of the premere performers there......Ive been turning others on to him recently......great player no doubt......

statusquo

John mclaughlin in shakti and mahavishnu orchestra destroys. Also al di in return to forever/solo career is legit. Pat metheny before he went soft is also a pleasure.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
mclaughlin is top notch........never really got into Pat Metheny......too smooth jazz for me.....in other words too much technique not enough heart.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a straight up mile high out of the box skillset

i just walked into my office to take a few snaps and i stared at my acoustic and started feeling like shit because i cant play/create like that

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lasko the orange amps are AWESOME but only have one sound LOUD
this thread needed a serious bump
so heres some instrument stash to liven things up

i recently gave this mid range ibanez guitar a kid i saw at the park a few months ago. makes me feel all fuzzy until ti think about how i told him to make me proud and the next thing he tells me is hes gonna try out for american idol.... fucking kids hahha
picture.php

this is my acoustic. i wish it was a gibson but it was a good deal at $350 incl hsc and Epis havent ever really let me down... you just have to upgrade a feeww parts to increase performance lol. i bought the guitar and a set of grover imperial tuners for myself for my 30th bday. if i can get some cheddar saved up ill be getting a Blues King but until then i strum this one hahaha . in the pic the electronics' compartment is hanging out some... my kid knocked it over and the mount broke. Ive since had it repaired. :)
picture.php

did i mention something about epiphones not ever letting me down hahahaha
here are my pair of epi :pointlaug les pauls... they have the "limited edition" flame & quilt tops at least... i outfitted each grover 18:1 tuners & a seymour duncan JB in the bridge p/u. I disconneted the neck pickup & the tone controls to give them as pure and short signal path possible.
picture.php
picture.php

i love the sound of the noel gallagher supernovas. they feel great and respond well with the way i play. the stock "58s" (epi version of gibson 57s) are not too bad but im gonna swap out the 58s for real 57s eventually. I already changed out the stock tuners for black grover imperials... but i think im gonna swap those for chrome itll look better hahaha. i used to have the union jack model (they only come in 2 colors - union jack & manchester united blue) but i traded the first one for my first marshall head, and traded the second for my current marshall. im gonna get the union jack one more time and hold onto it for the haul haha
picture.php

my best guitar worksmanship & materials wise is by far my custom shop prototype G&L ASAT Bluesboy. Birdseye maple neck, seymour duncan 59 neck p/u... this guitar is rad. I used to take care of a guy who was pretty high up in their chain of command, and i got to tour the factory one day looking for the guitar i wanted. this one has some crazy nontremolowilkinsonlike bridge, and is stamped with an "M". i traded 4 grams of hippy crack/honey buds + 1/4oz gdp for it. its the "marijuana guitar" hahaha
picture.php

this is my pedalboard... i go from the guitar into the pedals into the front end of the amp/s (i dont like effects loops). the signal chain is:
guitar>> ernie ball volume pedal (not pictured)>> Boss TU2 tuner>> Maxon Flanger>> Fulltone Fulldrive II>> Teese Wizard wah (designed for high output pickups)>> Boss DD3 (i usually use a SIB Mr Echo but its got some electrical issue and buzzes i need to send it back into rick at sib!)>> custom modified Boss EQ (tonesniper.com).... then to the marshalls input....
unless im then splitting the signal to 2 amps, then the signal goes form the EQ>> Ibanzes AD9 delay dry signal> Marshall wet signal> second amp. The DC Brick is pretty cool it allows me to run my FDII on 18v to get even more signal boost out of it. and i dont have to buy a bunch of fucking 9v batteries either... I spent a lot of time (and money hahaha) piecing it together but im still stoked on my pedal board everytime i play and ive been using this set up for 5/6 years now.
picture.php

and here are the amps i have right now....
the Marshall is 1978 50w head. the "low" input has been modified to be a second (and footswitchable!) preamp setting... making the single channel amp pretty much a 2 channel amp but without having the extra channel circuity mumbo jumbo hahaha. and the chicken head knobs are a killer touch imo .

the marshall cabinet is badass!!!! its also a 78, factory white!!!! its loaded with 2 12" Celestion Vintage 30s & 2 12" Rola 65s. Yummmy for my ears and everyone else 2 miles away who hear my roar hahhaha

the Fender is a Princeton Chorus. I have this thing for big sounds and i just cant get into playing out of single speaker amps im fucking weird lol. but this little thing is cool its got 2 10" speakers and has a ncie clean sound. i can jam at descent levels with it. itll almost hang with a drummer.... if the drummer is using brushes lol. its a fun practice ammp but not a serious tone machine...
picture.php

anyhow, thats my wannaberockstar stuff... :rtfo:

lets see your gear!!!!!

Saibai

栽培して収穫しましょう!
Veteran
I have no pics to post but atm I've got a pawnshop special that I replaced nearly every single part on including the wiring (just to see if I could, see how it all works) and have stuck with it since. Put a powerful ceramic single coil in the neck and no bridge pup and she sounds fine to me, use it to record.
Got rid of my old LP and sold a zoomG2.1u recently becuase low on cash.

Theres a few guitars I would like, but I would love to build a warmoth.

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the 82 strat is beautiful especially w the maple neck wow
love the blade humbicker in the tele copy

sabai a warmouth would be awesome sooooooo many options

aloe

Thank Greyskull !

my Strat (Fender neck Télécaster Japan 84/85 and body Strat 82 + pickups Texas Blues Van Zandt) is in "transformation" actualy...
The Tokai Télé is good :dance013:... powerful sound !
Single pickup = Twangy, crusty and in Humbucker =
powerful, saturated :ying: Very pleasant !

- Warmoth is very good !!! top quality and 1 max of choice !!!

:wave:

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
van zandt p/u? ooooooo those are boutique
nice

aloe

Yes :dance: lol

> great pickups !
> very good sound !

in Europe 1 pickup Van Zandt = 50, 55€ it's cool !

good evening
:wave:

KarmasWheele

Veteran
nice lineup greyskull I see you like the epi's .....
next to the twin reverb the princeton chours is my favorite sounding amp....
so thanks for keeping it going guys......
I m having some personal problems right now.....trying to figure shit out.....wont be here much.....please feel free to keep it alive......