What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CALL of DUTY 4.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
TwoOhSix! said:
Did you even give multiplayer a chance? Domination mode is sweet, especially if it's a hardcore server (no radar or crosshair).

Pirates dont play multiplayer mode. Aaaarrrrrrgh. I also would have been pissed for shelling out $50 for a 3-5 hour game. My old 6800 GT should be able to do enough of Crysis to enjoy it. Its in the stores within the next few days. Im guessing I'll be done playing it by then. Back for the preview review.

ozzy

Verite said:
Pirates dont play multiplayer mode. Aaaarrrrrrgh. I also would have been pissed for shelling out $50 for a 3-5 hour game. My old 6800 GT should be able to do enough of Crysis to enjoy it. Its in the stores within the next few days. Im guessing I'll be done playing it by then. Back for the preview review.
Good luck with that 6800. Crysis (demo) brings my 7900gs to its knees at medium 20 to 35 fps. What kind of speeds are you getting for the torrent. I'll have it in a week averaging about 10k's per second. :cuss:
Been hooked on Gears of War for the past few days, killer game if you haven't played it on the 360 already and should run well with your card.

TwoOhSix!

For sure multi is teh pwn.
I got the Crysis demo and am downloading the full game now....slowly. Demo looks decent.
I'm also downloading Soldier of Fortune 3!!! I loved SoF2 I still play it so I'm pumped.

Verite

Veteran
ozzy said:
Good luck with that 6800. Crysis (demo) brings my 7900gs to its knees at medium 20 to 35 fps. What kind of speeds are you getting for the torrent. I'll have it in a week averaging about 10k's per second. :cuss:
Been hooked on Gears of War for the past few days, killer game if you haven't played it on the 360 already and should run well with your card.

I got it downloaded in about 25 hours by varying the upload speed. There were a couple spots in Crysis where it went into full stutter mode. I just got done playing what I could. Theres a couple show stopping bugs. One early in the game you can work around but the one at the very end sucked. Over all it was twice as long as COD4 and allowed more free roam.

Now it looks like Soldier of Fortune is up there and the new Need for Speed. A race might be the cure for buggy FPS.

Verite

Veteran
Bioshock was a blast. A direct ripoff of FEAR but a decent one. Not really sure I dug the whole Ayn Rand Atlas Shrugged theme though. FEAR was so good in spots I got girley goosebumps and tinkled my pants a bit. Plus the enemy AI in FEAR is rediculous when it came to enemy flanking you.

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Ok so went out on a limb and bought COD 4. :bashhead: What was i thinking. £50 on the PS3. :nono: That's $100 roughly. All i can say is, yep, it is COD ( As i know it a big wet fish that tastes good only when battered ). I have had more fun sticking twinkies up my nose. Personally i do not find the controls much different to the first CODs. The controls are as stiff as a battered cod from the Bering straight. As far as the graphics go, well, they are good but then they are no better, IMO, than the other games i have. Could have done something more constructive with my £50. :badday:

So i am going to :joint: and put it back on the shelf next to COD 3 and wait for haze and timeshift to show thier ugly heads. So i have :beat-dead . I have gotten over it :violin: and i am gonna move on :Bolt:.

Anyway that is just wot i tink. I hope that everyone else enjoys it but if i were to give it marks out of ten, just like all the other CODs it gets a great big: :jerkit:

A

avgjoe

A quick tip and a question:

Tip: Kmart has a 20% off coupon right now that you can find online. You can use it for anything in the store. Great for Christmas gifts! I finally pulled the trigger last night and picked up an 80gb ps3 for $440 out the door. Saved $100!

Question: Am I going to regret not going with the newer 40gb version that has the 65nm chipset? Is it faster or anything? I like how this one has the ps2 backwards compatability at least. Any other tips for a new owner?

Thanks guys.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just completed CoD4. Although short, with the graphics/sound to the max (lucky enough to have a quad core, and 8800 ultra) it has to be the most immersive gaming experience I've ever had.

The changes of focus, the twisting storyline, the chaotic fire fights - all great. If you don't have surround sound you really lose an important element of the game. I haven't been gripped like this by a PC game since Half-life came out. Highlights include the Ghillee suit mission with super sniping, Controlling the guns on a big ass aeroplane and sinking ships.

If only it were twice or maybe three times as long. Guess they're paving the way for CoD5.

Last edited:
WOW tough room. COD 4 is by far and away the best FPS EVA!! Hands down. I loved old school SOF and SOF2 , and BF2 have always been my favs.. but this game has everything.. and not only that.. there's a certain refinement the game has in Every aspect that other games always are lacking to some extent.

The only thing missing is a camera system so that way you can send that super sick triple knife nade, m16 combo you pulled on a whole sweeping squad to your friends.

My favorites parts are.. the insane photo realism and eviroment, disgustingly deep multiplayer ranking system.. and of course the perk system and kill cam.

My favorite setup is.. M16 or ak47 silenced.. bandolier, stopping power , and deep impact perks. keeps em guessing where your at and with that much lead and power ..If you can stay alive your gonna get helicopter all day.

did I mention this game is worth playing.

Verite

Veteran
My fav part of cod4 was building up speed in the jeep and ramming another jeep in the side and pushing it off the side of a cliff in the mining area. I just downloaded Kane and Lynch Dead Men. We'll see how that one goes.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought the ghilee suit mission was excellent, really cool when they were fanned out walking across the field - I hid behind a tree! :D

hidden

I really like COD 4. I've been stuck on this one timed 11 minute till the bombs explode scene for a couple of days, but I don't play in marathon sessions. I'm almost through it.

I find the multiplayer to be hard as it is difficult to distinguish enemies from your own team. I'm color blind and it sucks for finding enemies.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
im stuck on the last part of the ghilile mission where you have to wait for the helocopter, i keep getting swarmed and killed.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found it was easiest to sit and wait with the injured guy, using him for cover :D

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
actually i figured it out last night, it was way easier than i was making it out to be.. i went to the far far right of the map along the fence behind the bumper cars, and just crouched in the corner, from there, you have almost full field view and no one can come up from behind you. i also figured out that i needed to switch my hd settings on the xbox to 1080 i instead of the 480, that makes a good looking game look even better. how close am i to the end from the ghillie suit mission?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Endo said:
actually i figured it out last night, it was way easier than i was making it out to be.. i went to the far far right of the map along the fence behind the bumper cars, and just crouched in the corner, from there, you have almost full field view and no one can come up from behind you. i also figured out that i needed to switch my hd settings on the xbox to 1080 i instead of the 480, that makes a good looking game look even better. how close am i to the end from the ghillie suit mission?

Not far away at all.

ninjashoes

I have the 360 version and I love the way it controls. You just have to get used to using a controller. For a game liek Quake 3 arena yeah its better on a mouse but with the way you have to aim in COD 4 I prefer the controller.

Latest posts

Latest posts