What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CALL of DUTY 4.

dbuzz

Veteran
Clarence said:
Please tell me if COD4 has the same gameplay as the previous ones. If so i think i will give it a miss. Waiting intently for Resident Evil 5 and Timeshifters to come out on PS3. Downloaded timeshifters demo the other day and i think it knocks the socks off most other games. I found the previous COD gameplay was stiff at the best and got tired of it quite quickly. If the new one is different then it might be worth a go.

mostly everything is different. new era, new weapons, no vehicles, 16 maps, have to earn everything, level up, ect. i would go on a limb and say this is the best shooter of 07. i played it for like 8 hours today next door. :wave:

LEGI0N

My shooter days go all they way back to DooM.. I'm 'creepy' good on CS:S.. I get accused of hacking from time to time.. I take it as a compliment.. Then came BF2142.. I've good pretty good at that and have maxed out the sniper and assault guys.. now this.. Gawd.. I need a new puter for all this..

LEGI0N

Crap... A friend of mine kicked down a 360 for a $100 bucks today.. no, it's not hot.. he just wanted the new HD one.. Now, I gotta play with that too.. :p

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Unless multiplayer is a big difference then this rather short game kinda sucked. They just seem to throw more enemies at you until you figure out you need to progress further. Then if you move to far ahead your team wont follow you leaving you as some retarded enemy practice fodder.

Like the timed mission that takes you up the hill to the barn only to have your heli pickup to tell you you have to go back thru the ocean of enemies to get the copter out of there. I was way up when I looked at the clock and had 45 seconds left and I stopped shooting and just ran thru about 100 of the most tarded enemies that all sat there and scratched their nuts while I bolted past them. Someone tell me Gears of War is better if not longer.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got CoD4, only played the first couple of levels so far, but great game :D

LEGI0N

wmass said:
no excuses now, soldier. :headshot:...lol.

well, crap.. that took like 5 min for me to bust it.. ROD (ring of death).. Now I have to wait like 4 weeks while MS sends me an empty box and I return it for service. :cuss:

Can you say design flaw?

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
COD4 is DA SHIT!

the only downside is that you cannot fly/drive helicopters, jet fighters, and tanks like in battlefield.

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I would never play an FPS competitively on anything except for PC... any console shooter they always have to dumb it down and semi-aimbot for you and make hitboxes larger to compensate for lack of complete control given by a mouse.

I always played CS 1.6, people play source because it looks pretty, people play 1.6 because its a much better game. Source is easy and looks better, therefore nubs think its a better game. Only reason pro teams have to play source is because nobody will sponsor a game as ancient as 1.6 when everyone is pushing for them to play the new shit.

With that said I've been playing a lot of TF2 lately on a friends steam acct. I'll end up buying my own copy and playing an engineer.

The game looks so good, I'll be picking up a copy for sure! But to be honest... I'm still playing Oblivion and the expansions along with the player created content. Now that is a game that will ruin your life!

COD4 looks awesome though, can't wait to play it.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
I hate to say I have already unloaded COD4 off my system to make room for the current download of Crysis. If its as good as Farcry I should be busy the rest of the week.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats crysis all about then? Just done the saving the tank out of the bog mission in CoD4. My computer is a beast, I just upgraded it last month. But a giant lack of judgement on my part, I installed Vista.

I probably get blue screen of death about 1-2 times a day, and normally during extreme cpu load. Man I miss XP.

TwoOhSix!

Verite said:
I hate to say I have already unloaded COD4 off my system to make room for the current download of Crysis. If its as good as Farcry I should be busy the rest of the week.
Did you even give multiplayer a chance? Domination mode is sweet, especially if it's a hardcore server (no radar or crosshair).

CALL OF DUTY 4 SUCKS FAT DICK. THE CONTROLS FEEL WAY TOO PC ISH. LAGGY AND BLURRY WHEN PLAYING. THE GAME PLAY AND GRAPHICS ARE ON PAR WITH ANY 1ST GENERATION XBOX CONSOLE..YEAH DUDE = (... HIGH DEF MY ASS!!! OH AND THE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER IS F UCKING PATHETIC. CAN ANYONE SAY OVER RATED FLOP???

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
stinkfinger said:
CALL OF DUTY 4 SUCKS FAT DICK. THE CONTROLS FEEL WAY TOO PC ISH. LAGGY AND BLURRY WHEN PLAYING. THE GAME PLAY AND GRAPHICS ARE ON PAR WITH ANY 1ST GENERATION XBOX CONSOLE..YEAH DUDE = (... HIGH DEF MY ASS!!! OH AND THE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER IS F UCKING PATHETIC. CAN ANYONE SAY OVER RATED FLOP???

FPS shooters don't work on consoles. All your problems could be solved by turning in your 360 and getting a decent pc. Some of the best looking graphics I've ever seen in a game, and one of the most immersive.

BrainBoy

FPS don't work on a console???? um excuse me? halo? halo 2? halo 3? now while halo three is a little shitty i wont lie, they are amazing games. i want assasins creed. PC gaming is too expensive for me at this point, I can't afford to be dropping money on new parts constantly :\

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
^^beg to differ halo 3 is amazing. of course the original is always superior and for some reason now matter what the sequels dont do the og justice, but halo 3 is amazing!
Assasins Creed does look super nice too!! FEAR & Dead Space look nice too!

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
The thing about console shooters and PC shooters is that on basically all console shooters the game has been dumbed down. Hitboxes are significantly larger (to makeup for the fact that precision shots are hard to perform for the average console gamer), aimbots are installed (think Call of Duty 3, looking down the sights while your crosshair was in the general direction of an enemy would line the sight up for a perfect headshot, basically allowing you to hit L1 and R1 in conjunction and get a kill each time) and often times the online communities for those shooters aren't as good as their PC counterparts.
It is my experience that more people who play PC shooters play competitively compared to those who just play their 360 for 30 mins and get off. That is because PC shooters take more skill and finesse with hand eye coordination. Fast reflexes and in a lot of cases intelligence plays a large part. In CS, anticipating your opponents action will help you more than incredible aim. At least that is what I've heard from a real life acquaintance of mine (who is cal-i, so I take his word for it).

Anyways, the PC will always dominate shooters. I play CS with a low (2.25) sensitivity with a 16" mousepad, I have way better control than someone who is wiggling a stick around with their thumb.
On the other hand, I would rather play games like Hitman and the upcoming Assassin's Creed on a console. As long as games like that come out, consoles will still be popular.
So to end this ramble, consoles are amazing but not in the FPS department. If you want to play FPS seriously, get a PC, a good mouse, and a good mousepad.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Halo 1 2 and 3 are essentially all the same game. Releasing sequels just to add maps/vehicles/better graphics/weapons wouldn't happen on a pc only game. They'd just add some patches.

Looking at it, preferences aside - PCs have always been better for FPS. The ability to mod the game, download new maps, play online etc has always been available on pcs, a long time before xbox live. And for free!

Also it doesn't actually matter what you preference is, the input devices are the limiting factor. The mouse has more precision that the thumb stick, so essentially allows the pc gamer to be more accurate than a console gamer of equal standard and therefore the ability to play the game to a higher level.

Anyway Call of Duty 4 is pretty enjoyable in my books on either system.

mangled

crysis looks good but i dont think my comp could take it
Orange box is my current time sink
TF2 is awsome
and i like have the source engine still runs good on my 3 year old comp
comp could handle COD4 very well also but i doubt it will run crysis
need like dual 8800's and shit to get the most out of it

Latest posts

Latest posts