What's new

CALIFORNIA VOTERS ONLY--SHOULD CANNABIS BE LEGALIZED AND TAXED AND REGULATED?

CALIFORNIA VOTERS ONLY--SHOULD CANNABIS BE LEGALIZED AND TAXED AND REGULATED?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How does that sentence not make sense? I disagree with Cannabis being used to fuel a government which I disagree with fundamentally. I do not believe that people need any kind of governing power to live in a civil manner and I resist that power at every opportunity. I am not against this bill because I am a dealer who is afraid of losing profit, I am against this bill because it represents a power which I am against gaining a foothold on the future of the Cannabis industry. What will you say if and when I am right and the industry becomes completely controlled by government/corporate interests? You tend to look at the possibilities from a more positive perspective, I am trying to sound an alarm so to speak and get people to look at the bill a second time and think objectively about whether or not they agree with the words in the document before they jump on the bandwagon. I hope I am wrong. I hope this bill passes and we can all live in a stoner paradise, but life has taught me to not try and fix what isn't broken.. We got a great thing already so I am very cautious of letting government try and regulate what it now has little if any control over.

I understand this can be a subject which would evoke a lot of passion in someone, but really the insults are unnecessary; they do nothing to further your argument and only make me take your posts less seriously. I am against this bill because I am against the taxation of cannabis and the limitation of growers, I am 100% for the legalization of Cannabis that IS prop 215 and would have been for that other bill, AB or whatever it was, which would have released all nonviolent CA pot prisoners and was actually legalization. In my eyes this bill going up in November is just another tragic example of the furthering of corporatism and state control.

you abstaining from voting holds no moral implication for others. thats why it doesnt make sense...i must have been pissed to nit pick at that, but there ya go...
---ive never had anyone call me an optimist, but there is a first for everything....so you are against legalization period? cuz if you, or anyone, thinks that cannabis will ever become legal w out there being a corporate interest, well, you can stand in the corner holding your breath, but i dont think it will work out so well for you.
---WE do not have a great thing going here in CALI, we have a better thing going than we used too, but that dont make it good. this is still, to date, the best thing going to effect change...not just in this state, but in the entire country.
---as far as insults, when someone compares me to the people who label cannabis as a gateway drug, i take that as an insult and will tell anyone who claims that about me to fuck off. dont wanna take my posts seriously? ok. dont. i could give a fuck.
---maybe my anger stems from the fact that im a lil older then most on this board and have been working and paying attention to this for so long....and to see people voicing the opinion that "its not good enough" makes me lose my fucking mind...i dont believe it....this debate has disillusioned me towards what i once thought of, what once was, a community....it may still be there...but i cant believe this bill is the one that is going to split it...if even just on a vote...ridiculous...you take what you can get, and you keep digging...you keep working...and you keep changing...but you damn sure dont arrest momentum.
---you think i wanna be the guy on these boards telling people to fuck off? i really dont, ask anyone who knows me in person(plenty of em on these boards and it dont take a genius to figure out who they are)...but guess what peeps? its time to pick a side....cannabis users or cops & politicians...which side are you on?

Last edited:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
It never was a real community to many people, it was about making a living with as little work as possible, with long vacations, and a protected monopoly because of the illegality of the product. I know everyone will say how much they love the herb, but if there was zero profit, all of the people that only care about money will be gone, off to find another livelihood, even if they still smoke some Cannabis. I don't care about the profiteers, I do care about the millions who have been arrested and had their lives ruined for a harmless herb.

The choice is simple,
Vote YES and hope it leads to eventual USA and worldwide legalization, stopping arrests.

Or vote NO because you think it is badly written,
or maybe you need the income,
or you fear the government becoming involved with regulating Cannabis,
or you think it is a trick by Richard Lee.
Then you can join the coalition of police, CHP, DEA, Narcs, Prison Guards, NIDA staff, Prohibitionists, DARE, Coalition for a Drug-Free California, California Narcotics Officers Association, California Police Chiefs Association, and a whole lot more of the same minded people.
It is scary to say the least to think of who you will be voting NO with, maybe that could tell you something is really wrong?
That growers will help defeat a bill to legalize Cannabis is just unbelievable.

-SamS

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It never was a real community to many people, it was about making a living with as little work as possible, with long vacations, and a protected monopoly because of the illegality of the product. I know everyone will say how much they love the herb, but if there was zero profit, all of the people that only care about money will be gone, off to find another livelihood, even if they still smoke some Cannabis. I don't care about the profiteers, I do care about the millions who have been arrested and had their lives ruined for a harmless herb.

The choice is simple,
Vote YES and hope it leads to eventual USA and worldwide legalization, stopping arrests.

Or vote NO because you think it is badly written,
or maybe you need the income,
or you fear the government becoming involved with regulating Cannabis,
or you think it is a trick by Richard Lee.
Then you can join the coalition of police, CHP, DEA, Narcs, Prison Guards, NIDA staff, Prohibitionists, DARE, Coalition for a Drug-Free California, California Narcotics Officers Association, California Police Chiefs Association, and a whole lot more of the same minded people.
It is scary to say the least to think of who you will be voting NO with, maybe that could tell you something is really wrong?
That growers will help defeat a bill to legalize Cannabis is just unbelievable.

-SamS

very well said

Neo 420

Veteran
that's is the dumbest shit ever. vote yes for a shity bill that sounds good u dum fucks

You think that is the dumbest shit ever? Well I think the dumbest shit ever is the rhetoric and propaganda that is being spread to defeat prop 19 by our own so called "community". I think the dumbest shit ever is to allow the continued detention and arrest of MJ users in Cali so illicit profits can continue to be made by Mexican cartels and stingy US black market growers.
I think the dumbest shit ever is ever is to not allow Cali to start the de-demonizing of MJ and spread it the rest of the USA.

We need to get this bill going NOW for a couple of reasons.
(No flaming political parties please.)
1. If there is a president change in 2012 and that new president view of MMJ differs than that of the president in office now, we could suffer major blows to the MMJ scene and that would help deteriorate support for new bills that try to be introduced. California MUST SPEAK OUT NOW!!
2. Realistically do anyone here think there will be a "perfect" bill created that will lay well to all your wishes and dreams? WAKE UP!!!! IT AINT HAPPENING!! This bill allows for future amendments once the system has been implemented. WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR?
3. TAXES.
For all the ANTI TAXER'S: If it can't be taxed by uncle sam, IT AIN'T HAPPENING!! You do not get one without the other. If you think otherwise your dreaming..

You may think its the dumbest shit ever and believe I'm a "dum" (dumb) fuck but I have a conscience for my fellow man that will not be twisted for the love of money......

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it is the dumbest shit ever that anyone would pass up the chance at a legalized market and choose the chance of prison or worse instead. like prison beatings, rape, bad medical care, over crowding, std's from being raped. perment mental problems. brain damage from beating. possibility if getting shanked for no reason. havin a felony record. never being able to get a decent job. i can go on

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the dumbest shit ever is saying "this isnt good enough" once my anger wears down i read things like that and just lauuuuuugh

ocean_grown

you abstaining from voting holds no moral implication for others. thats why it doesnt make sense...i must have been pissed to nit pick at that, but there ya go...
---ive never had anyone call me an optimist, but there is a first for everything....so you are against legalization period? cuz if you, or anyone, thinks that cannabis will ever become legal w out there being a corporate interest, well, you can stand in the corner holding your breath, but i dont think it will work out so well for you.
---WE do not have a great thing going here in CALI, we have a better thing going than we used too, but that dont make it good. this is still, to date, the best thing going to effect change...not just in this state, but in the entire country.
---as far as insults, when someone compares me to the people who label cannabis as a gateway drug, i take that as an insult and will tell anyone who claims that about me to fuck off. dont wanna take my posts seriously? ok. dont. i could give a fuck.
---maybe my anger stems from the fact that im a lil older then most on this board and have been working and paying attention to this for so long....and to see people voicing the opinion that "its not good enough" makes me lose my fucking mind...i dont believe it....this debate has disillusioned me towards what i once thought of, what once was, a community....it may still be there...but i cant believe this bill is the one that is going to split it...if even just on a vote...ridiculous...you take what you can get, and you keep digging...you keep working...and you keep changing...but you damn sure dont arrest momentum.
---you think i wanna be the guy on these boards telling people to fuck off? i really dont, ask anyone who knows me in person(plenty of em on these boards and it dont take a genius to figure out who they are)...but guess what peeps? its time to pick a side....cannabis users or cops & politicians...which side are you on?

If it holds no moral implications for you then why are you tossing turds over it? Obviously you care about legalization, that's fine. I am not so mad about the way things are that I am willing to jeopardize this "better" situation we have here in Cali. That doesn't put me on the side of politicians and police, it puts me on the side of Dennis Peron who co-authored this law which has kept you and I out of the slammer these past few years.

But don't get mad dude, I'm not mad. Even if it passes I won't be mad, unless my ass backwards neo-republican county officials decide they want to try and regulate with this BULLSHIT on medical patients in which case I'll be so inclined to shell out for a lawyer and lead the good fight against abuse of this loosely dictated bill. In any case nothing will change for me, except I won't be able to smoke joints outside.. technically.

ocean_grown

I think it is the dumbest shit ever that anyone would pass up the chance at a legalized market and choose the chance of prison or worse instead. like prison beatings, rape, bad medical care, over crowding, std's from being raped. perment mental problems. brain damage from beating. possibility if getting shanked for no reason. havin a felony record. never being able to get a decent job. i can go on

I think you underestimate my intelligence if you think I would ever let this happen to me under 215.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it holds no moral implications for you then why are you tossing turds over it? Obviously you care about legalization, that's fine. I am not so mad about the way things are that I am willing to jeopardize this "better" situation we have here in Cali. That doesn't put me on the side of politicians and police, it puts me on the side of Dennis Peron who co-authored this law which has kept you and I out of the slammer these past few years.

But don't get mad dude, I'm not mad. Even if it passes I won't be mad, unless my ass backwards neo-republican county officials decide they want to try and regulate with this BULLSHIT on medical patients in which case I'll be so inclined to shell out for a lawyer and lead the good fight against abuse of this loosely dictated bill. In any case nothing will change for me, except I won't be able to smoke joints outside.. technically.

there are two sides in the fight for legalization....and the cops and most politicians are on the no side....as far as im concerned, abstaining from voting for legalization of any kind is the same as a no vote....as ive said before i got so pissed off, i dont really like this bill...but its a shot at real change...its what most decisions come down to nowadays in this country-the lesser of two evils...
...as for tossing turds...im not a hundred percent sure what you mean by that, but as i said, i must have been seriously pissed off to nit pick, but if you really wanna continue to argue semantics, hey, im down for it...or is it just one of those things where ya wanna get the last word in? haha

ocean_grown

there are two sides in the fight for legalization....and the cops and most politicians are on the no side....as far as im concerned, abstaining from voting for legalization of any kind is the same as a no vote....as ive said before i got so pissed off, i dont really like this bill...but its a shot at real change...its what most decisions come down to nowadays in this country-the lesser of two evils...
...as for tossing turds...im not a hundred percent sure what you mean by that, but as i said, i must have been seriously pissed off to nit pick, but if you really wanna continue to argue semantics, hey, im down for it...or is it just one of those things where ya wanna get the last word in? haha

I totally see what you mean but I am against that whole lesser of two evils mentality, especially when it comes to how just about the only fucking commodity that has ever mattered in my life is going to be handled by mainstream society. With the way this bill was written you'd think marijuana were you know.. a dangerous drug that really needs that $50 dollar sin tax and the 21 y/o age limit to prevent minors from overdosing. I would rather Cali shoot down a bill that is pure regulation and wait for a bill that is on our terms than rush something in which could potentially fuck up a really great thing. The legal status of ganja in California is one of the few status quos I would like to see remain.

I see not voting more as a vote for whichever side wins. I honestly don't feel strongly enough against the idea of legalization to vote no, but I mistrust the wording of this bill enough to not vote at all.

igrowone

Veteran
... I would rather Cali shoot down a bill that is pure regulation and wait for a bill that is on our terms than rush something in which could potentially fuck up a really great thing ...

this is what i find hard to understand, how do you think this process will improve?
from i can see, the only reason this proposition got as far as it did was from major bucks driving it
it's hard to see that process changing, any proposition that gets to the voters is going to have to have major money behind it
a pure grass roots movement would be great, but this seems to clash with the grim reality of our political system as it currently exists

K

kannubis

Vote. Either way, just get your voice added to one side or the other. My view is it should be yes without prejudice by taxes, but this is closer to our desired end. Lets get there by any means necessary.

My vote will be yes. I have always used no to any new laws, get rid of the incumbents as a voting guideline. A couple exceptions though - Prop 215 got my Yea vote too.

Did you know everytime a bond is on the ballot it will cost your children if it passes?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you wake up and realize you are no better than pfizer.

exactly.

big pharma makes money off being the only one able to sell opiates legally. They are the heroin dealer for the masses of the west. It is a cartel that pays off the government through lobbiest bullshit and campaign donations.

When a person wants to keep things limited to 215 this isnt far off.

Now that the supreme court has ruled that there is no limit on them then all federal laws are up for bidding. The only way to do this is at a state level first. This bill is how we do it. Make it ok for anyone with 5000 bucks to get a lisense to grow unlimited ammounts. that is cheap. you can get a lone for that easy from a bank, and pay it back after one harvest.

if we dont do it now there probably wont be another chance for a long while.

Carpe Diem