What's new

CALIFORNIA VOTERS ONLY--SHOULD CANNABIS BE LEGALIZED AND TAXED AND REGULATED?

CALIFORNIA VOTERS ONLY--SHOULD CANNABIS BE LEGALIZED AND TAXED AND REGULATED?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ocean_grown

All you who call me greedy for being against this bill discredit my belief that this bill is less legalization than we already have in California. The state doesn't deserve one red fucking cent of cannabis taxes.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^guess what? it already gets tax money from med shops so your reasoning for being against this bill is not real. And nobody will tax small home growers still. stop finding reasons to be difficult, and just vote yes for the bill. You are making up problems in your head just to be against people. It is called being immature.

T

Toshi

I am voting yes it does not affect med growers and opens the door to all kinds of new business ventures I can not wait for it to pass

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are still voting no on this bill please consider the fact that you are FINALIZING the government's right to tell you what you can and cant do with your own body.

Neo 420

Veteran
Some people have no idea the effects this bill will have once passed. This bill (shitty or not) is the gateway for the USA to accepting, embracing and finally ending MJ prohibition. It won't happen overnite. It will take time but you need the catalyst or the spark to start the fiery fireball that will put an end to the most unjust, unfair law in the world. I understand the losses that the "black market" will face but we must bring this shit out of the dark, let it be taxed and regulated and erode the lies and deceit that is out there and known as "common knowledge". Humans generally don't like change and is afraid of change. But this my friend, this is bigger than all that. Mark my word. Once this ball gets rolling ain't no stopping it. This will create mini economies that will foster jobs, taxes, new opportunities, growth, and the one thing we ALL have been fighting for...ACCEPTANCE. I have been to MMJ clubs from Sac to the bay (with a little bit of LA) and it pains me to hear the lies they spread about this bill. I have heard it for myself. They don't want this to happen out of pure greed. Accepting the med model as the only model is selfish and down right wrong. EVERYONE DESERVE TO SHARE THIS PLANT MED OR NOT. AND STAY OUT OF JAIL FOR IT. Yea I know, I hear the excuse" well you can still be locked for this and that". Well yes technically true but I guarantee the rates for MJ arrest go down and if you got any type of smarts about you, you will not see jail time for MJ. Damn this muffin got me on one........I need to smoke again.. Done with my rant...................for now

ocean_grown

If you are still voting no on this bill please consider the fact that you are FINALIZING the government's right to tell you what you can and cant do with your own body.

Wow. This is just about the most bleeding heart dumbass hippy bullshit I have read in this thread so far, and there has been plenty already. Guess what? WEED'S LEGAL IN CA ALREADY. I cannot be arrested for possession and thanks to the fact that I have a GREAT doctor my limits are exactly where I need them. We got a great thing going on in CA and I don't want a damn thing to change.

You want legalization? I don't. I want decriminalization and we got buckets of that on the books already. Change your own fuckin' state's laws.

ocean_grown

Also those of you who think this bill will be the "gateway law" are just as ignorant as those who say Cannabis is a gateway drug. I think that if this is the bill to pass, the bills after it will restrict liberty on pot growers and smokers even more with even more room for bullshit sin tax hikes and corporate buy in options.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
.....................................................................................
never mind.......haha...fukn idiot

Last edited:

Neo 420

Veteran
. Guess what? WEED'S LEGAL IN CA ALREADY.

WOW. It is legal? Oh wait ...Whats this??

According to statistics obtained by SF Weekly, marijuana-related arrests are up by nearly 15 percent. The San Francisco Police Department arrested 1,637 people in San Francisco for pot-related offenses in 2009, according to its own count. This is way up from 1,428 arrests in 2008; that's a 14.6 percent jump (conviction and jailing statistics are sadly absent).
http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/05/marijuana_arrests_spike.php

I cannot be arrested for possession and thanks to the fact that I have a GREAT doctor my limits are exactly where I need them.

Sounds good for you but doesn't sound good for hundred of thousands of others...

We got a great thing going on in CA and I don't want a damn thing to change.

Once again sounds like a great opportunity for you. Seems like you are looking out for only yourself maybe??

You want legalization? I don't. I want decriminalization and we got buckets of that on the books already. Change your own fuckin' state's laws.

Well sometimes you got to settle for what you can get and sacrifice for others. WE WILL NOT GET DECRIMINALIZATION. The only reason why this bill is here and will make it, is for taxes. There is no way in hell a straight out decrim bill will ever make unless we start with this shitty little bill we got going right now. You ever follow politics? Our county unfortunately is not ready for decrim.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont bother explaining to a tool like that man....he is obviously not all there....

Neo 420

Veteran
Also those of you who think this bill will be the "gateway law" are just as ignorant as those who say Cannabis is a gateway drug.

How is that? Please explain. Otherwise this is mere propaganda...

Did the Cali medical MJ model act as a gateway? HELL YES IT DID. SO WHY NOT FOR LEGALIZATION. So go ahead and explain how this will not act as a gateway effect...

I think that if this is the bill to pass, the bills after it will restrict liberty on pot growers and smokers even more with even more room for bullshit sin tax hikes and corporate buy in options.

How will it restrict liberties? LIBERTIES ARE RESTRICTED RIGHT NOW!!!!

Taxes are a part of life. Like it or not it is our best guise to getting MJ anywhere near a mainstream movement.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Wow. This is just about the most bleeding heart dumbass hippy bullshit I have read in this thread so far, and there has been plenty already. Guess what? WEED'S LEGAL IN CA ALREADY. I cannot be arrested for possession and thanks to the fact that I have a GREAT doctor my limits are exactly where I need them. We got a great thing going on in CA and I don't want a damn thing to change.

First of all you can be arrested in Calif for Cannabis, 215 & 420 is a protection in court, not against being arrested by the police in the first place. Read the laws.
Second, Calif has more arrests than any other state in America for Cannabis.
I understand that YOU feel YOU have a great thing going, and while that is great for YOU, what about the over 800,000 arrests in the USA every year or the over 80,000 in California alone?
Do they count at all? Do you realize they are the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, and neighbors of us all?
I am trying to change my own fuckin' states laws, I am a Calif voter, and have been for more then 40 years.
I can't believe growers are so selfish and blinded by self interest that they will join the coalition of police, CHP, DEA, Narcs, Prison Guards, NIDA staff, Prohibitionists, DARE, Coalition for a Drug-Free California, California Narcotics Officers Association, California Police Chiefs Association, and a whole lot more of the same minded people is scary to say the least. That growers will help defeat a bill to legalize Cannabis is just unbelievable.
No matter why they say NO, I say compare that to a chance to begin the path to end the arrests of over 800,000 Americans each year. To have a chance to try and stop it and not do so is almost a crime to me.
But as long as YOU have a great thing going....

-SamS

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i should apologize for losin my temper in the discussion...i will keep my tantrums confined to visitor pages and pms.....

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I am not a hippy, sorry to disappoint you, I dont think I can qualify as a hippy because I own almost 50 guns. lol.

I was going to correct you but Sam has said it all.

foolsgold83

I use to be totally for legalization, but because of recent trends from the govt I no longer am. Just look at the govt's handling of alcohol and tobacco. On both you have huge tax increases on a regular basis. On tobacco alone, the price from taxation alone has skyrocketed do to (in my opinion) govt greed, and health nuts- and its a LEGAL product. As far as the health issue goes, I dont want politicians (sorry, but if i wanted a mother or father figure running the govt, Id vote for my mother or father.) else saying that they are going to just keep increasing taxes because if i cant afford it then I will quit. Just because its 'legal' doesnt mean there wont be any problems. Lord help us if they do that to MJ. In my opinion, legalization may just cause more legal issues.

igrowone

Veteran
you do trade taxes for jail/fines with legalization
taxes are for commercial products
but you can grow your own tobacco, brew your own beer/wine
if taxed too heavily, people will simply stay with the existing black market or grow their own
you just don't lose anything, you get more options, not less

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I use to be totally for legalization, but because of recent trends from the govt I no longer am. Just look at the govt's handling of alcohol and tobacco. On both you have huge tax increases on a regular basis. On tobacco alone, the price from taxation alone has skyrocketed do to (in my opinion) govt greed, and health nuts- and its a LEGAL product. As far as the health issue goes, I dont want politicians (sorry, but if i wanted a mother or father figure running the govt, Id vote for my mother or father.) else saying that they are going to just keep increasing taxes because if i cant afford it then I will quit. Just because its 'legal' doesnt mean there wont be any problems. Lord help us if they do that to MJ. In my opinion, legalization may just cause more legal issues.

What about the over 800,000 Cannabis arrests every year? Do you care, or want to stop the arrests? That is what I care about.

-SamS

foolsgold83

What about the over 800,000 Cannabis arrests every year? Do you care, or want to stop the arrests? That is what I care about.

-SamS
Thats a very valid point. Im just saying that no matter what it will never work out perfectly, and legalization may not be the best answer. But thats just my opinion

foolsgold83

you do trade taxes for jail/fines with legalization
taxes are for commercial products
but you can grow your own tobacco, brew your own beer/wine
if taxed too heavily, people will simply stay with the existing black market or grow their own
you just don't lose anything, you get more options, not less
another valid argument.