What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California may legalize in 2010!

J

JackTheGrower

I know we would like to not pay taxes but it is in the category of "Sin tax"

But if it helps my state and helps me then tax it. Besides Medical is tax free.

All I know is when can I start work on gathering signatures.

I went to the Stanislaus county Sheriff's round up rodeo yesterday wearing a nice stylish but "huge pot leaf" shirt. i got quite a few smiles and nods.. The Amsterdam hat also gathers a few friends here and there..

I'm not so afraid about promoting change even in this conservative county.

itisme

Veteran
If they make is LEGAL HOUSING PRICES WILL SKYROCKET SO BUY YOURS NOW! I am going there in December of 09' just to get started :D CALI u getting a GA BOY :D

If they make is LEGAL HOUSING PRICES WILL SKYROCKET SO BUY YOURS NOW! I am going there in December of 09' just to get started :D CALI u getting a GA BOY :D
were a little different than GA. move here for the right reasons.. Hollywood has destroyed what people think California is and was like.
apparently a more recent poll stated that now 60% of us desire marijuana legalization in California. i think the age requirement should be 18 not 21 mainly because the age requirement for mmj is 18. it would be bullshit to be able to buy cigarettes before marijuana. the 25 square for plot for pot is interesting.. i wonder how they are going to regulate it once it gets out of hand.

people are already gathering signatures outside of local supermarkets, etc.. if you are registered get off your ass and go sign!! if you aren't registered, well, get off your ass, get registered, and go sign! this is the closest we have come to complete recreational legalization! no more of our fellow men and women in prisons for plants! tell friends and family members as well. even if they don't smoke.

itisme

Veteran
were a little different than GA. move here for the right reasons.. Hollywood has destroyed what people think California is and was like.

Trust me if I move to CALI it would be for the right reasons..... I am sick of living in the BIBLE BELT with the the harshest penalities.... ALABAMA acutally has a 25 YEAR MANDATORY MINIMUM FOR POT!!! Yes it is a large amount but a 25 YR MAN. MIN....... :moon: I am only 10 minunutes form ALABAMA state line but GA is a LITTLE better... no close enought though.....Plus I got some Homies in CALI :D

I will be moving to CALI so I am no long considered a CRIMINAL FOR SOMETHING THAT HARMS NO ONE BUT MYSELF!

J

JackTheGrower

You can find anything you want in California from Hippys to Hicks..

And everything inbetween.

So anyone have a link to the petition people.. I need a job. Will work for weed!

Jack

afgooey

this will not gonna happen for the simple fact that they arent able to tax it thru this proposed bill intell the feds lift federal marijuana laws and the feds wont budge so the bill wont pass if they get it to a vote.bummer

irieeyes808

Man i'm all for it and all but if the feds did lift a federally imposed law than how could they get you for posesion if you did happen to be selling to a friend or gifting? I don't know either way i'm still down for it. 50 bones as tax per oz. is a bit steep just grow our own. I agree with chubby nuggs... Heard they are going to be debating the pros and cons tonight on Anderson Cooper live, stay free ya'll

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^It is the same rules as alcohol, and it is a great start. All we need it for is a national ice breaker. The dutch, were the international ice breakers...... but ya, it is pretty piggish.

J

JackTheGrower

can we provide input?

I'll have to reread this thread but who is doing this and what is their email;?

J

JackTheGrower

We will have to see the houses we have that folks can't afford to buy for that to happen.

H

h^2 O

i don't know - I mean of course i would immediately pack up for California, but I have a feeling this would cause huge problems...the Federal government would put a National Guard member with every patrol car, in case there was a weed offense. I don't know. Too weird to even think about. There would be a blockade or something

J

Jeff Lebowski

This is a good start and would get my vote. Ideally there would be no regulation on this plant however, it isn't a tomato, it's weed. It has psychoactive properties and therefore will always have some regulatory input from those in charge. Fighter, you said that it cannot be changed yet SB 420 amended Prop 215. Currently, by your own publication on this site stated it (the legality of the amendment to Prop 215) to be up for debate again. Most likely, the courts will put the regulation back on and SB 420 most likely, will stand. Amendments can be made but to continue prosecution for .001 gram of weed is ridiculous. It may not be the 10,000 pound allotment we'd love to have but it is a start.

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
The thing i dont understand is will it be illegal for me to grow and sell without paying a tax? If so then then they are voting on full decriminalization not legalization.

thats called tax evasion.
its still a crime.

not paying tax....pffttt
id give them 50$ a zip if they'll leave me the fuck alone. cheaper then current security models for our industry. between the bail guy and lawyer yeash...

J

JackTheGrower

This should be a sticky seeing as how it isn't going away soon.

jack

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
The things I could do with 25 sq feet outside with no thought of legal reprimand!!!

Gets you drooling doesn't it? My worry would be kids. Beyond the growing within however many feet of a school, school kids walk by my fence twice a day. I'd be picked clean waiting for harvest day.

The problem is that this proposition would be next to impossible to change if it gets passed.

It ain't Alabama but, California has one of the longest, most amended constitutions in the US. Changing laws is easier in CA than most states. Cracking the box is where it starts.

heyheyhey

yeah right, ive heard this one before, not going to happen. Plus what difference does it make, last time I checked federal law trumps state law.