What's new

Calif. pot dispensaries told by feds to shut down

vta

Veteran
OK, so here is a simple graphic pointing out a few categories and how each President acted accordingly. I realize this chart could be broadened but it does tell you something...

2011-10-08-imagecharts-Presidents_Medical_Marijuana_MPP.png

This chart is of course missing:

Obama's DOJ's threats to State employees involved in the regulating of cannabis.

Most of all....the recent assault on clubs...there has not been a coordinated attack like this before, this scale anyways.

In the SFV, specifically the north western part, there were over 60 clubs. Today...not 1.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Good show VTA. The thing it doesn't show is who courted the Marijuana lobby to get elected and then threw them under the bus after he was elected.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm well aware of the heierarchy, as you state. I simply pointed out that they could still prosecute if they chose to. This was in regards to another comment that was made. I also stated it would be political suicide if they did. My point was maybe these prosecutors wrote these letters on their own and that's why they weren't followed up on......... I've still yet to see anyone post an arrest that wasn't in violation of another law......

And if I recall Holder isn't pro MMJ......

Wow what a huge cop out.
So let me get this straight, federal prosecutors are going to go directly against the Deputy attorney general, Eric Holder's statement, blessed by the anointed one, that they were going to leave law abiding dispensaries alone as long as they were in compliance with state law?
You're quite naive if you think all these AGs went rogue against the pres. and head of the justice department, whom they answer to. No offense, but that's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while. I don't think you really understand the hierarchy of the justice system.
It just doesn't work that way. Their actions were most certainly blessed.
Obama talks out both sides of his mouth, like every other politician.....
Whatever happened to closing gitmo...........?

Mia

Yeah I hear you and you're right they have a lot of autonomy.
I'm just disgusted by the whole thing personally....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd like to see the links if you have them......

And I have another question, and it's not directed at just you but everyone in general. All I hear is everyone from Cali complaining about Obama not leaving the MMJ alone. Don't you think it would sound less selfish if people were complaining because Obama won't legalize it for everyone? I don't think some of you understand how angry that makes people......

then you are not looking

there have been several.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
check the link i provided to the raid on northstone organics.

i agree wholeheartedly with your legalization comment!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I'm well aware of the heierarchy, as you state. I simply pointed out that they could still prosecute if they chose to. This was in regards to another comment that was made. I also stated it would be political suicide if they did. My point was maybe these prosecutors wrote these letters on their own and that's why they weren't followed up on......... I've still yet to see anyone post an arrest that wasn't in violation of another law......

And if I recall Holder isn't pro MMJ......

JJScorpio is in violation of numerous Tax codes...for the grows presented in his Sig....he has failed to pay Taxes, or obtain Non-Profit status on all said grows--
See how easy that is?? They said it...and you could easily refute it...but hey...they still said it--:tiphat:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I read that link but it didn't state he was charged with anything. Is the dude back in business now and what happened criminally regarding the raid?

check the link i provided to the raid on northstone organics.

i agree wholeheartedly with your legalization comment!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the letter from the Feds that you posted it lists the reasons the Feds would prosecute for. All of the reasons listed involve criminal activity outside of the current MMJ rules. It seems to me if someone were charged with anything other than the things listed, and were in compliance with the current laws that the letter itself would be an affirmative defense against charges not listed in the letter, along with grounds to file suit against the Federal Gov't for seized property..... The letter basically gives Federal permission to operate within the current laws....

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
In the letter from the Feds that you posted it lists the reasons the Feds would prosecute for. All of the reasons listed involve criminal activity outside of the current MMJ rules. It seems to me if someone were charged with anything other than the things listed, and were in compliance with the current laws that the letter itself would be an affirmative defense against charges not listed in the letter, along with grounds to file suit against the Federal Gov't for seized property..... The letter basically gives Federal permission to operate within the current laws....

Bro...you are missing the part where they are busting down the doors...seizing everything...then leaving, with no Charges filed--
When you lose everything in the building...and your Lawyers are charging you for consultation...are you really set up to jump back into the same saddle??
It has been the same old story here...they take everything you got, then you are fucked!!

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If Northstone and the other businesses that were raided were in compliance with everything in that letter, and State law then I would think Lawyers would be all over them.

The Feds can't put out a letter like that and then start popping people that are in compliance with that letter. I'll be curious to see how these raids play out...... Someone needs to file suit....

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
If Northstone and the other businesses that were raided were in compliance with everything in that letter, and State law then I would think Lawyers would be all over them.

The Feds can't put out a letter like that and then start popping people that are in compliance with that letter. I'll be curious to see how these raids play out...... Someone needs to file suit....

You are simply not understanding the Catch 22 they have created--
They raid anyone they want...then...that is it-- There is no "Suing"...NOTHING!! It is against Federal Law, so they are covered...NO MATTER WHAT!!
And just to rub some Pepper in the Wound...they Deputize local LEO to be Federal Officers...everybody is covered!!
It is a crooked mess dude...

Last edited:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Sorry if I pulled the blindfold offa ol' Lady Justice!!:moon: DEA!!
In case that isn't apparent...it means, "Kiss my ASS DEA!!!"
Don't care if i'm a Target!!

Last edited:

Bullfrog44

Veteran
You are simply not understanding the Catch 22 they have created--
They raid anyone they want...then...that is it-- There is no "Suing"...NOTHING!! It is against Federal Law, so they are covered...NO MATTER WHAT!!
And just to rub some Pepper in the Wound...they Deputize local LEO to be Federal Officers...everybody is covered!!
It is a crooked mess dude...

Not true, the tenth amendment give the power to the states. The federal government are abusing their power, no doubt.