What's new

Calif. pot dispensaries told by feds to shut down

meduser180056

I was trippin out when I found out disps where trying to pay federal taxes and be all legit. I mean ya state taxes, but seemed like they were just asking for trouble when they started trying to pay federal taxes.

Walt Jabsco

Let me see..The trial attorney asks a US attorney on the stand, "If Prop 215 has been on the books over 15 years, and your previous attempts at 'enforcement' of federal laws has been spotty and capricious at best, AND your boss, the Attorney-General, recently announced a moratorium on enforcement of such laws, then why now? Suddenly? The inconsistency of your department's approach to anti-cannabis laws is really a campaign to target the weak and medically-needy as well as placate the President's political opponents, is it not?..Speak up, the Court can't hear you."

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
it will never happen. seems like there weeding out the crappy ones and shutin them down.come on really nobody can even touch san fran or oakland ever.scare tatics at best.:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Every time I here some bad shit it's coming out of Socal. Them politicians down there must really suck hard mode

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Looks like time to fire up the 'Wholesale Prices Plummet in Cali' thread...and just in time for outdoor harvest.

Plummet?? Not a chance!! If this actually starts happening, prices will skyrocket!!
All you street dealers...grab your shoes, dust them off...it might be time to get back to work!!
This sucks...they CAN realistically do this, even if it gets overturned later...most will have lost too much $$ to be able to reopen--
Sad fucking day, if this happens--

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
The Associated Press obtained copies of the letters that a prosecutor sent to at least 12 San Diego dispensaries. They state that federal law "takes precedence over state law and applies regardless of the particular uses for which a dispensary is selling and distributing marijuana."

Apparently they didn't get that notice "The law of the land takes precedence over all others regardless of the particular motives for which the Government purportedly operates."

"The real power is with the federal government," he said. "They have the asset forfeiture, and that means either the federal government will own a lot of property or these landlords will evict a lot of dispensaries."

I suppose I should start saving some cash back for an extended vacation to California, cause it appears that the Obama administration slept through the Million Man March, the WTO, and Rodney King riots.

The real power is with the American Citizen. They have the power to vote and the right to bare arms if forced to protect that power. And that means either these politicians realize the will of the people or we will hear some new names in future history classes.

Americans have always desired to live their lives and raise their families in peace and it does sometimes take more than a nudge before citizens defend themselves but we have always risen to the occasion.

I suppose it is rather poetic though that the War on Drugs will be fought on American soil since it did begin in the same neighborhoods.

I wonder why the Governor of California doesn't just activate the National Guard to protect the tax paying citizens of his state?

Well thank the Constitution for "well armed militias...

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Feds order all Calif. medical-marijuana outlets to close !!! WTF

Feds order all Calif. medical-marijuana outlets to close !!! WTF

Full Article: http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ll-calif-medical-marijuana-outlets-to-close/1

The Obama administration has ordered all medical-marijuana dispensaries in California to shut down within 45 days or they will be prosecuted and have their property confiscated for violating federal drugs laws, the Associated Press reports.Even licensed outlets operating under the 1996 voter-approved medical-marijuana law are subject to the federal crackdown. California's four U.S. attorneys plan an announcement Friday.
AP says the federal prosecutors have notified at least 16 pot shops or their landlords.

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
it wont happen san fran and oakland will never shut down............scare taticts at best.

alittlebirdie

The simple fact that they are sending letters and asking dispensaries to close rather than coming out all guns blazing is their admission that these threats are nothing but empty threats.

P

pineolene

Pret-ty fuc-kin wi-ld. All of CA's dispensaries closing in 45 days. . . huh.

I think you didn't read the article. It looks like 12 dispensaries in San Diego, the 12 city council are suing, are the ones being shut down via these threatening letters from the fed. There are many dispensaries in that area, and hundreds of dispensaries in cali. That sounds more like someone on city council snitched to the fed, and the fed responded for whatever reason(s). Obama isn't really the issue, but I know how fun and easy it is to bash him so carry on. He does suck in general.

San Jose is not directly related to whats going on in San Diego, but is another example of city council selling mmj out. There are over 100 dispensaries in San Jose, we'll see if the petition gets enough signatures to stop this action. No access for that area is effed up. This has nothing to do with the fed, and everything to do with city council wanting to control and profit off of mmj. By allowing fewer dispensaries they can take in maximum money for minimum work. While bashing obeezy is fun, its the local authorities often seeking these restrictions.

Locally, this is very common. City council where I live allows one dispensary in town, openly for monetary purposes. They call it "the city's best interest". Why do they allow that one dispensary? Well, the dispensary donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to the city. Its extortion really, but how mmj goes because its all up to the city or county laws.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
The simple fact that they are sending letters and asking dispensaries to close rather than coming out all guns blazing is their admission that these threats are nothing but empty threats.

They weren't empty threats when they raided Montana, Washington, Michigan, Colorado, Oregon, or West Hollywood, CA. after sending similar letters.

I'm pretty sure we can expect raids in California in the near future.

I am no advocate for violence, but damn! But what is left when our own Government sends armed forces to squelch and countermand the vote of the people?

The way I see it is start moving westward, but leave yer weed at home cause California is the place we oughta be, and there is plenty of weed there for me.
Over half of the citizens approve of medical mj, fill the streets and cities with people and tents.

At some point we will have to stand and call their bluff, if over 10million citizens confront the DEA they will be forced to reevaluate marijuana prohibition.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I think you didn't read the article. It looks like 12 dispensaries in San Diego, the 12 city council are suing, are the ones being shut down via these threatening letters from the fed. There are many dispensaries in that area, and hundreds of dispensaries in cali. That sounds more like someone on city council snitched to the fed, and the fed responded for whatever reason(s). Obama isn't really the issue, but I know how fun and easy it is to bash him so carry on. He does suck in general.

San Jose is not directly related to whats going on in San Diego, but is another example of city council selling mmj out. There are over 100 dispensaries in San Jose, we'll see if the petition gets enough signatures to stop this action. No access for that area is effed up. This has nothing to do with the fed, and everything to do with city council wanting to control and profit off of mmj. By allowing fewer dispensaries they can take in maximum money for minimum work. While bashing obeezy is fun, its the local authorities often seeking these restrictions.

Locally, this is very common. City council where I live allows one dispensary in town, openly for monetary purposes. They call it "the city's best interest". Why do they allow that one dispensary? Well, the dispensary donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to the city. Its extortion really, but how mmj goes because its all up to the city or county laws.

Besides the dozen dispensaries in San Diego and the one in Marin County, at least three shops in San Francisco already have received closure notices, said Dale Gieringer, director of the California chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

It is just the start--

ijim

I just got this email. This will be good in the end. Everything that has happened in the past couple of months will serve as fuel to the fire. I honestly think this is how Obama pushes for legalization without having his name attached to it. Send out IRS bills, seize accounts, and try to shut everyone down. All that will do is motivate the "average Joe" to get a full legalization initiative passed. They are not doing this in Colorado. (because of clear rules)I really do believe this is a slight of hand trick to push things along faster. It makes sense.

You are certainly a fools fool. Wake up the man is a corporate yes man. I don't go to calling people names easaly.

Latest posts

Latest posts