What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calcium

Fitzera

Forgive my ignorance but when using RO water is cal/mag supplementation needed? I have been using Organic Cal-Mag OAC Plant Nutrient Supplement by True at around 2ml a gallon because my brain told me to use calmag from having RO problems in past grows. Trying to get away from using the last of the bottled stuff and seeing what the normal customs are now. Thanks!

I would suggest start adding oyster shell/gypsum and sulpomag to your soil mix to supplement calcium and magnesium.
Bonemeal also contain calcium, greensand and rock dust contain magnesium.

I would continue adding calmag to your ro until you have supplemented your soil mix. Especially if you are using led.

Rico Swazi

maybe boogie is reliving ground hogs day! lol

wonder if leap day coming up will make people think its tomorrow when it isnt ,:biggrin:

nice pics of what lots of amendments can do from chunky
figured I'd show some to represent the less is more crowd

this is what I got out of an aged huglebed two years ago with intercropping and companion planting

zero amendments that year including liming agents

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

less is more applies to everything but the work involved to grow this way

which is why many don't go this route I reckon

Latest posts

Latest posts