What's new

CA trampin

O

ocean99

Can't get a fucking job and all I hear is bitch bitch bitch about it, thinkin about takin a break from society. This'll be my first adventure on the railways, where are some places I should see/stay? I'm gonna be mostly on foot unless I work up the cajones to hop on a freight. I got summer until I have to go to junior college, so what like 3 more months? I'm thinking santa cruz will be my first stop.

I got a good pair of boots a sleeping bag and a backpack, what else do I need?

I know someone else here must have done some tramping in their daze.

Danknuggler

I know a cave on the beach in santa cruz that you can camp in.its a secret so pm me if you want to know exactly where.

A kid I went to high school with hitchhiked acrossed the country last year. And he was alright. He went from here (pa) to cali and back. It sounded like a crazy time.

KillerDemo

if you can pull off goin across country on the rails u have my respect. would be a great story to tell everybody...good luck and stay safe!

Danknuggler

I hopped a freight in Tucson w/ my Dad in the summer of 98 hoping to ride trains all the way to Seattle Wa and got as far as Yuma.Got picked up by a rr bull but he was cool with us.We stayed the night in Yuma on the Colorado river is was really nice.We met this dude who we drank some beer with on the river adn he gave us a ride to San Diego then took bus to san juan capistrano area then found some kids w/ a school bus at a gas station going to Further fest show in Irvine Meadows we go to that and run into other friends from wisconsin then hitch to Shoreline Further shows with those friends and keep going north to san fran where we break down and me and my Dad take the BART to Civic and then we walk to the Warf and all the way to the GG Bridge but its closed for the night for foot traffic so we camp underneath the bridge it was f'ing cold!! Then we hitch up the coast and get picked up by a dready kid who is gonna be working at Reggae on the River for the weekend so we go to that after scoring cheap ristbands in Garberville for like 40 bux each it was sweet, then we go stay on Clam beach north of Arcata for like 2 weeks till the cops kick us out then we go to a festival in Quincy Ca and the bus I'm riding in breaks down in the mountains and all these crazy mountain folk are pissed at us so I walk for many miles then hitch to Chico Ca where I end up liking the town a lot, meeting some cool people who hook me up with a job as a pedicab driver and I end upstaying for like 9 months dude it was a crazy ass f'ing adventure I hope your is just as crazy!

R

randude101

I don't know man.

I did a bit of that, but it is a step below having a shitty roof over your head.

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Soap. There are enough locals up and down the state who smell like they have a bag of onions in a headlock, we don't need new foreign strains of funk.

O

ocean99

I hopped a freight in Tucson w/ my Dad in the summer of 98 hoping to ride trains all the way to Seattle Wa and got as far as Yuma.Got picked up by a rr bull but he was cool with us.We stayed the night in Yuma on the Colorado river is was really nice.We met this dude who we drank some beer with on the river adn he gave us a ride to San Diego then took bus to san juan capistrano area then found some kids w/ a school bus at a gas station going to Further fest show in Irvine Meadows we go to that and run into other friends from wisconsin then hitch to Shoreline Further shows with those friends and keep going north to san fran where we break down and me and my Dad take the BART to Civic and then we walk to the Warf and all the way to the GG Bridge but its closed for the night for foot traffic so we camp underneath the bridge it was f'ing cold!! Then we hitch up the coast and get picked up by a dready kid who is gonna be working at Reggae on the River for the weekend so we go to that after scoring cheap ristbands in Garberville for like 40 bux each it was sweet, then we go stay on Clam beach north of Arcata for like 2 weeks till the cops kick us out then we go to a festival in Quincy Ca and the bus I'm riding in breaks down in the mountains and all these crazy mountain folk are pissed at us so I walk for many miles then hitch to Chico Ca where I end up liking the town a lot, meeting some cool people who hook me up with a job as a pedicab driver and I end upstaying for like 9 months dude it was a crazy ass f'ing adventure I hope your is just as crazy!

Hell yea, this is exactly the kind of experience I want. K+ cool story bro.

X

xinsanewickedx

shit i would do it.some good shoes ,sleeping bag ,backpack ,a fat sack of smoke and a blade