What's new

CA Marijuana Legalization Initiative to Qualify for Ballot Today

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the prices wot be dropping drastically immeadiately, cali is only one state in a decent sized country that just so happens to have a large appetite for ganja, keep in mind oregon already has dank herb that sells for 220 an oz all day that is better than most of the junk on dispensary shelvesfor 385 (the real dank isn't at the d's). until it goes legal federal there is still plenty of money to be made humbolt already exports tons of herb all over the states, cali is pretty flooded in the current market, it won't hurt anyone until it goes federal

C

Care Giver

the prices wot be dropping drastically immeadiately, cali is only one state in a decent sized country that just so happens to have a large appetite for ganja, keep in mind oregon already has dank herb that sells for 220 an oz all day that is better than most of the junk on dispensary shelvesfor 385 (the real dank isn't at the d's). until it goes legal federal there is still plenty of money to be made humbolt already exports tons of herb all over the states, cali is pretty flooded in the current market, it won't hurt anyone until it goes federal

There won't be much to export from a 5' x 5' space.

What am I missing?

Sure the illegal growers will still grow and export but what does that have to do with the would be legal growers?

C

Care Giver

The iniative says 25 sq feet PER parcel.

Is a parcel something you must own or can it be a rented space?

What's to stop me from renting a million storage lockers as "parcels"?

Neo 420

Veteran
Yes, but the artificially inflated price they will be able to sell their pot at will evaporate and they will be left with an actaul hard working job of producing herbs and getting paid very little for it, similar to any other produce.

Now is not their day. Soon the "free ride" will be over.

I wonder what some of the people in this thread dark underlying intentions are. If you feel the price is too high, there is nothing stopping you from growing your own and distributing at what you think is fair price. I would love to see your quality! If you think the work being done in Humboldt ain't hard then shame on you.

I can guarantee the price for top notch, ain't going down in price. It is what it is too produce high level quality. Mark my words..

igrowone

Veteran
The iniative says 25 sq feet PER parcel.

Is a parcel something you must own or can it be a rented space?

What's to stop me from renting a million storage lockers as "parcels"?

for what i've read, you can rent out grow space
the 25 sq feet and 1 oz are the minimums statewide
each county(i think) can expand these minimums
but no one is exporting based on this, it's just for the growers use
it will be a wild, new world, at least in cali
the rest of us will wait a while, but this pulls the finish line a little closer

C

Care Giver

I can guarantee the price for top notch, ain't going down in price. It is what it is too produce high level quality. Mark my words..

The price of MJ right now is based SOLELY on it's illegality.

It's not harder to produce top notch herb then it is say Avocados and they sell for a dollar a pound.

Lets's repeat that: A DOLLAR A POUND.

To say that it costs 4000X that amount to produce a top notch pound of MJ is insane.

ChronJohn

for what i've read, you can rent out grow space
the 25 sq feet and 1 oz are the minimums statewide
each county(i think) can expand these minimums
but no one is exporting based on this, it's just for the growers use
it will be a wild, new world, at least in cali
the rest of us will wait a while, but this pulls the finish line a little closer

You got the idea. They can be rented out, I just am not sure what the legal definition of a "parcel" is.. can I break up 3 acres into hundreds of little 5x5 parcels :D? And yea you're also correct that local governments (as well as the state legislature) can expand on the limits if they want, just like SB420 had allowed local governments to expand on the old 6/12/8oz rule.
I just hope that apathy and fear of the unknown doesn't drive our community to oppose this when we are so close to our goal.

L

larry badiner

**IF YOU REALLY SUPPORT THIS BILL PLEASE GO OUT AND REGISTER TO VOTE IF YOU HAVENT AND GET READY TO VOTE IN NOVEMBER**

this is the biggest thing to hit california since that earthquake in '91, i too spend roughly 500$ a month on dope just to medicate from overpriced clubs, if i could save a little money and grow bud in my free time, COMPLETELY LEGALLY, id die a happy man, infact id probably be the first to die from cannabis, due cause-- PURE JOY

W

williebetmore

I think without a doubt, legalization will end big profits on buds
within 10 years. If your not legal, and a big operation, your going to be left behind. The big corps. will without a doubt, grow very good buds. So the market will be full of great quality smoke, and the prices will drop......If you think your going to grow some buds that will compete with a group of Harvard scientist working for a large company, you need to check your ego, don't care how many years you got growing. If you put together a small business thinking your going to sell a high end product, for two times as much as a large company your going broke. If you come to me with the argument, there are allot of small company's selling wine/beer/ect ect....that make a good penny, i say sure, but they can sell all over the country.

Anyone on here think the politicians are dumb? They already have
a long list of very wealthy people, waiting in line to start 'Major' company's if the laws ever allow. You think the state is going to allow this to pass if they have to rely on making huge tax dollars
off mom and pop growers up in the mountains? Hell no, they will
be making that money off of company's that can supply huge amounts, that will in turn result in huge tax dollars.
IMHO' you got 5 years or less to make a nest egg if it becomes legal. If after that 5 years, you haven't saved enough to go big
and compete at the top, your done.......My 2 cents

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
^^^^

do you think "large companies" are going to risk everything growing a product that is illegal federally?

if you do think that your out of your mind

igrowone

Veteran
^^^^

do you think "large companies" are going to risk everything growing a product that is illegal federally?

if you do think that your out of your mind

not yet, no - but how long will MJ stay illegal federally?
5 years, 10 years?
the state process is just getting started, other state's are watching and seemed poised to make changes
these are exciting times!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
so norcal growers will have a 10+ year head start for marketing and branding...

i think they will do fine

Neo 420

Veteran
If you think your going to grow some buds that will compete with a group of Harvard scientist working for a large company, you need to check your ego, don't care how many years you got growing. If you put togeter a small business thinking your going to sell a high end product, for two times as much as a large company your going broke. If you come to me with the argument, there are allot of small company's selling wine/beer/ect ect....that make a good penny, i say sure, but they can sell all over the country.

If big business went into the bud market, they will know doubt court the big dogs of our culture for help. Someone who puts years into their formula (I know people who formula's include design to harvest) have valuable input and can viably be a positive if you will for a business that has unlimited resources that wants to market and sell MJ. It would be much wiser for big business to pull in that help rather than to compete against.
As for prices, I don't think they will fall like you think. It still takes huge resources to cultivate and harvest top notch herbs. And scientist nor does Ed Rosenthal work for free which is more overhead. And if this does become legal, the demand will rise, not fall. More customers means more money to spread and more of a rise of connoisseur smokers. They will pay top notch prices for top notch herb. I would not be surprised if big business push the price of top notch to a higher plateau and pull the price down for the mediocre or low grades.
Last thing. If MJ becomes legal with the feds, whats stopping Uncle Joe from selling across the country?

iBogart

Veteran
I don't think it would be wise to get involved with any large grow ops if california legalizes. Those large norcal grows should remain on the down low until the feds come around. Otherwise they're just asking to get thrown in the federal pen. Large corporations will wait too. The best way to duck the heat is to abide by the state law and have your little home grow. Really, what more could you want?

Neo 420

Veteran
I don't think it would be wise to get involved with any large grow ops if california legalizes.

The scenario I put out there in the last post included the feds legalizing MJ.

Those large norcal grows should remain on the down low until the feds come around. Otherwise they're just asking to get thrown in the federal pen.

Unfortunately those large grow ops are what helps in a small percentage with the normalization of MJ. I say that in a sense because if the supply was not there, the demand would decrease and the value would skyrocket and the generations would have less exposure to understand it is harmless (in perspective to alcohol and cigarettes) and does offer medical value. You will be surprised to how many people I educate a week on the benefits of MJ!

Large corporations will wait too.

Agreed but like I stated previously my scenario included having the feds legalize MJ.

The best way to duck the heat is to abide by the state law and have your little home grow.
Really, what more could you want?

I don't know about you but I could use more than the allowed medicinal and the proposed legal amount combined, then times two. And that's one week.:rasta::canabis::smokeit::joint:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you folks that are whining about loss of income from Cali legalizing are looking short-term i suppose. if YOU can produce it legally THERE, & it is ILLEGAL everywhere else (almost), then do you not see the vast market begging for your product? the rest of the country is NOT gonna roll over & legalize it just because you did. if the DEA has to patrol the CA border as well as the Mexi & Canadian lines, well, i wish them the best of luck! (NOT!!!) i could use some Humboldt about now, myself...:wave:

iBogart

Veteran
The scenario I put out there in the last post included the feds legalizing MJ.

Unfortunately those large grow ops are what helps in a small percentage with the normalization of MJ. I say that in a sense because if the supply was not there, the demand would decrease and the value would skyrocket and the generations would have less exposure to understand it is harmless (in perspective to alcohol and cigarettes) and does offer medical value. You will be surprised to how many people I educate a week on the benefits of MJ!

I'm not saying those guys growing large plots in Norcal should quit, I'm saying they should still try to remain annonymous. Feds would love to take out the big guys then "weed" out the smaller ones. Caution should still be exercised until the feds change their laws as well which is still many years away imo.

I don't know about you but I could use more than the allowed medicinal and the proposed legal amount combined, then times two. And that's one week.:rasta::canabis::smokeit::joint:

That's an abnormal amount of weed my friend. An ounce of dank a month for me? I'd be burnt out and have to take a t-break.:coffee:

hkush

It could turn into a regular old mexican standoff with the feds. Many federal laws are being deliberately nullified by the states these days (much like pre-civil war). Real ID, ZeroCare, Every state law legalizing medical marijuana, "Sanctuary cities", etc.

Personally, I'd like to see CA force all federal officials to check in with the local sheriffs whenever entering a California county, and receive instruction on what they will not be allowed to enforce, or they themselves will be arrested. As the highest ranking elected law enforcement official in the country, their power trumps any federal pig tresspassing into the county..

Travieso

So if this passes i will be able to grow in 25 sqft space but only allowed 1 ounce of bud...Am i reading this right. doesnt make sense to me.

Latest posts

Latest posts