What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C99 vs Apollo 11

azul

for my part i always prefered Cindy to Appollo because of the speedy-clear-up high..i tried original cindy from soul, the cindybx1 from Mosca, the appollo11 by soul and the F2 from joey..C99 and A11 are for me pretty different plants from the same family. A11 buzz is a good mix of head/body while C99 is all in the head. I also find more lemony/acid scents in the appollo while cindy is on the tropical fruit/sweet side.

but in the end even if i'm in love with my cindy cut i never found a specimen with a real "out of control" buzz in the 2 versions i grew..not a big point for me since that's not what i'm after talking about buzz type..mine got a speedy-motivating-clear high..and i'm blessed with her :)

gardenlover

picos, here is my entire write up on the c99 selection and grow, plus pics. I have pics of both phenos but the lanky #6 girl was the keeper. The last pics are of #6 and probably done the best.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=160462&page=3

azul, I agree with you on the buzz not being out of control, however it is a fairly strong without going over the top buzz. I can't stress enuff how this could be grown for the rest of my life and I don't think I will get tired of it.

azul

gardenlover, i hear you about not getting tired of her i always enjoy nicely grown Cindy nugs..always..maybe because i only run her every 2 or 3 runs so i keep to appreciate her for what she is..a true tropical-candy head cleaner :)

Jim Rockford

Veteran
These days it would seem to somewhat depend on the seeds you get. Back in the day when Bro Grimm was around I'd vote for c99, but having grown both, really comes down to the size of your grow space and I found the Apollo more body compared to the c99 I had (which was pure electric sativa high). Since then the c99's I've grown have been good but not quite what I was lucky to have back in the day. Either strain can knock you into outer space if you get a good pheno.

PicosPoisonftw!

picos, here is my entire write up on the c99 selection and grow, plus pics. I have pics of both phenos but the lanky #6 girl was the keeper. The last pics are of #6 and probably done the best.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=160462&page=3

azul, I agree with you on the buzz not being out of control, however it is a fairly strong without going over the top buzz. I can't stress enuff how this could be grown for the rest of my life and I don't think I will get tired of it.

Thanks for sharing dude. Interesting to see a broad leaf c99, wish I could sample your phenos.

Opium she's looking thick! man, first run?

blizz

wow dr p i made the same cross exsept i didnt have a grape a-11 but i did use a male that showed the g pheno at least the growth pattern i obviously i didnt smoke the male to find out for sure

KosmoKramer

Have a cut of C99 from a good friend, anex IC member. Killer shit. Total sweet pineapple flavor, stinks like skunky funk, and a super strong long lasting sativa high. Too much will make you paranoid, sometimes trying to catch your breath.

She clones very easy, takes any kinda stress you can throw at her without skipping a beat! Only neg is that she yields rather light, stretches 2-3x, and is very thin and vine like.

Who's got the Apollo? Never had any but would love to grow some.

Was never impressed by any of Wally's offerings. Never grew any, but smoked a bunch of diff strains grown by others. Very mediocre IMO.

Want C99? Go with Gypsy's.

vavwl

Joey Weed has both Apollo 11 and C99 for sale. I believe they are F2's. The Apollo 11 I grew was from his stock. I was very impressed by the Apollo.

M

Milhouse

I have run his C99 and it was great!! I have also run his Sugar Blossoms and am running his NL99 right now.

Latest posts

Latest posts