What's new

C99 BX-1 & Sonic Fly - TEST GROW

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Thanks for the positive energies, little babies looking real healthy. Will get some pics later, sorry for lack of updates so far, there's only so much fun to be had in looking at cotyledons - been holding fire for a coupla leaves at least!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
So, here we are then, first photos of the new babies.

C99 BX-1
I've ended up with a group of nine C99 BX-1s. Two beans didn't pop, and one aborted on it's way up. I'll explain with the Sonic update below.

Here's the group then, a lickle stretch here and there but we will pot that out of them! I only got seven closeups for some reason, could've sworn I snapped all nine! Anyhoo..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sonic Fly
A bit of disappointment with these Sonics, only four remain. One was crushed on arrival, one didn't germinate, leaving eight, however four found difficulty finding their way out of the dirt. I think I let the top of the dirt get hard on them at a critical juncture - I think this is why one of the C99s aborted too. Two Sonics opened up their first cotyledons then just died, the other two didn't get further than a 1cm taproot. Shit happens, though, and I attribute it to my idiotic activity, rather than any problem with the beans. Should've sprouted them in the coco I'm more experienced with, rather than rolling with the soil mixes I'm just getting used to.

Anyway, here they are.. I've also put a snap of the dead ones in to honour their memory.. looks like I only snapped 3 out of the 4 close up too..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

RIP Sonics

picture.php

G

Guest 18340

Ah shit man, may they rest in peace:badday:
Now lets celebrate the life going on there!
Looking picture perfect so far my man. I'm dropping a pack in water right now, I can't hold out anymore!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
excellent shotz....McSnap.....those babiez look swelll.....don't sweat the otherz.....not all beanz we sow are meant togrow........oneLUV......
Keep banging on those BX-1's.............:woohoo:

Solidopc

Nice one man, look forward to see these on the go. I have some old BG c99 f2's in the fridge i allways mean to do, but i'm inlove with fems right now. What's the make up of the sonic fly? Respect dude, keep it green.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice pics Mc, sorry about the 2 Sonics what a shame, what do you think happened did you love them too much(overwater)
The rest looking good
peace bro

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Thanks evlme2, yortbogey, Solidops, sirshamus, stonescafe, shaunmulok & Strainbrain!

shaun.. I think the opposite, I let the soil get too hard for them and they couldn't go anywhere so they just gave up!

M

mosca negra

All right Snap! Looks like they are coming along! Like Strainbrain said, it only takes one...

Cheers!

StellarP

ICMag Donor
Mcsnap -
Sorry about the losses , everything else looks great .

Big thanks for this thread and posting the germ photo's , made it possible to discern the C99 from Sonic Fly in the Fly pack .(Hopefully I got it right) . A good reference for the mix packs to follow along.

Once again thanks , and good luck .
StellarP

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The babies are looking good Mcsnap sorry to hear about the deaths sending your garden some good vibes...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
McSnap it looks like your well on your way now to sucsess, after that one disappointement...sorry to hear bout that...DD

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
All right Snap! Looks like they are coming along! Like Strainbrain said, it only takes one...

Cheers!

Thanks bro, also thanks to reverev, Benj, and doobie. Definately does only take one, and I'm not too sad, what will be will be.

Big thanks for this thread and posting the germ photo's , made it possible to discern the C99 from Sonic Fly in the Fly pack .(Hopefully I got it right) . A good reference for the mix packs

Thanks bro, I was kind of hoping to help out Fly Pack growers a bit if I could! No guarantees you've got it right though, I tried to split a friend's Fly Pack into strains and struggled a bit!

HeriMarry

Thanks , your pics should help me alot , I just planted 5 seeds today . BTW I have had 100% germination using pitpots/Spongepot , nice little seed starters .