What's new

C99 BX-1 & Sonic Fly - TEST GROW

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Well, I'm bored waiting for OP to finish sunning himself :nanana: so, with Mosca's permission, I'm going to start off my testing with some auction packs I have. I've just cracked open the golden envelopes and taken a couple of quick snaps to get things rolling. I will be following Mosca's germination advice, so as soon as I lay my hands on a matchbox and some sandpaper we're good to go.

I'll post an update as soon as we have taproots!

Packs.. I have a strange Sonic Fly pack with no label

picture.php

C99 BX-1 Seeds

picture.php

Sonic Fly Seeds

picture.php

Had a bonus finding out there are really 12 seeds in my BX-1 pack! :woohoo:

Unfortunately one of the Sonic Fly seeds has been crushed in transit, but I have 9 to start still.

For anyone trying to identify the seeds in the Fly Packs, all I can tell you about the BX-1 and Sonic seeds is that they're pretty damn similar, both ranging from slightly mottled to quite mottled. If I had to pick a difference, I'd say that the BX-1 beans are more randomly mottled, where the Sonic beans are mottled in more of a stripe pattern, though not definite stripes. Of course this is a tiny selection, I doubt my observations reflect anything useful!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
killer...i'm with U..brudda'......one LUV...g8t start...wishing U well, and hope U'r beanz.....bring warmth too U'r soul.....

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey br gt this one tagged and will be following with interest for sure good luck with the grow
peace and big harvests

Rasta311

Man I gotta get me some c99 from mosca. Hope to score some when the non payers beans get put back up...Atleast I hope that happens.

S

stonescafe

on board i grabbed a pk of these but dunno what to start next.....got to many to start ..........LOL

G

Guest 18340

I will be flipping back/forth between this and yortbogey's thread, for sure.
Goodluck!

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Welcome along to everyone, hopefully this will turn into a good thread for y'all.

I'm a couple of days behind schedule, but the seeds are finally soaking in RO water with rooting hormone, sat on the base of my heated propagator.

I didn't have a matchbox, so tried to do the scuffing in a tupperware, this wasn't particularly successful! I scuffed each seed by hand in the end, which wasn't too much drama. Lost a BX-1 in the process, heavy hands on the first seed I scuffed, then got the technique licked. Not the end of the world, brings us to 11 BX-1s and 9 Sonic Fly, a nice round 20.

Update in a couple of days!

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk: Nice guess you get a head start:muahaha: ill be watching McSnappler bro and blessing you with good karma and a healthy start..!!!

G

Guest 18340

McSnappler, any info on the environment these beans will be grown in? Indoor, outdoor, soil, coco etc.
I'll be doing my c99 in a sealed room with coco.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
McSnappler, any info on the environment these beans will be grown in? Indoor, outdoor, soil, coco etc.
I'll be doing my c99 in a sealed room with coco.

Hey evlme2, I should've posted that at the start of the thread, oops!

Medium
Slightly Modded LC's Mix #1
25% Coco
25% Peat
30% Perlite
20% Wormcasts
1tbsp/gal Dolomite Lime

Feed
Seedlings - straight LC's
Plain RO water, occasional wormcast/molasses tea

Late Veg & Flower - LC's with added organic ferts
Blood, Bone, Guanos and Kelp in a 2-3 week 'cooked' mix
Plain RO water, occasional wormcast/molasses tea

Watering System

As well as testing Mosca's beans, I will also be testing an auto-watering setup for this grow, the Tropf Blumat system. This is a gravity fed dripper setup, no pumps, and uses ceramic cones to detect moisture levels in the dirt. You adjust to how sensitive you want it, and when the moisture content in the pot drops below that point, it trickles in some more feed. I might have regarded it as a bit of a gimmick, had it not been for some very experienced IC growers recommending it. It looks like it's going to solve a lot of my headaches when combined with full organics.. all I have to do, most of the time, is make sure the tank is full of plain water :woohoo:

Veg
BudBox Small (75cm x 75cm x 1m)
220W PL-L Flouros
1.5L pots

I will be vegging the plants until they're big enough to take the nutrients in the flowering soil mix, then a transplant, and into..

Flowering
DIY Grow Tent (1.2m x 1.2m x 1.0m)
400W Vertical HPS
3.5 litre pots

I'm in the process of changing to a vertical setup, which will be run on clones, scrogged upwards. To flower out seedlings and make selections, however, I'll be keeping the plants small, on custom shelves. I've not quite finished putting the space together, but as soon as I have I'll post some pics.

Goals
Apart from generally wanting to find some kickass smoke, I'm hoping for a real, true keeper from the Sonic Fly, and a strong representation of Cindy from the BX-1. I may also be interested in finding a male amongst the BX-1, but I will see how things pan out.

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds great Mc, I like the sound of your watering system i like the idea of the ceramic cones to detect water content
Cant wait to see the grow bro
peace and good harvests

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
EXCELLENT set-up...mang...soundz like those beanz will get plenty of TLC......very nice discriptive post on the set-up....melike......vertical... ahy...soundz like BIG fun....I'm definatly gunn'a enjoy this grow....quite the change from mine.....kewl...McSnap.........blessed be U'r budz.......:joint:

G

Guest 18340

Pretty well thought out, nice. Our set ups are almost exact opposite (I'm doing pure coco and chemical nutes) so I'm very interested to see how your c99 comes out.
Sending good vibes your way McSnappler:respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts