What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DDF2 grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi TP - thanks for the kind words !
These plants will be harvested very soon.... can't wait to smoke them.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i harvested one of these today.. the other one i will leave a few more days. I'm loving the terps in these F2s. The harvested plant stank of chem, diesel and kush as i was trimming it... and i think we are going to see some variation withing the range of chem/diesel/feul/kushy terps and perhaps some new blends and conbinations popping up. Not sure how many 'pure' chem lines have been taken to F2?
Here is the plant i didn't harvest today: about 9.5 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look great js !

Really nice shape and structure, the sideshoots have really fattened up which is great to see... and chunky stem

are they around 6 weeks now?

VG

jakespeed

Veteran
thx VG, I never kept track , but I think they are around 6 weeks, they have strong smell, the same notes you are getting, I am getting excited to try
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks, yes the funk is quite loud, and i think a little more varied within the chemmy/diesely ballpark than the F1s.
I'm quite excited to smoke some of the two i've just harvested. Just finishing the F2 i chopped a while back and happy that i have a reveg cutting looking like it will make it. ...The smell of that that pheno was just pure chemmy filth and i loved it!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i'm happy with the C4DD F2 plants from the test grows. Potency i would say is comparable to the F1s, high to very high. The terpene profile shows some variation within the range of Chem funk - Sweaty Socks, Brussels sprout, Scallions, Garlic, Fuel, Musky, Gingernuts, Sausage meat - all the filthy Chemmy smells are here in different proportions! - so you can find your keepers as to your own taste. They go about 9-10 weeks but can be ripened longer for a more narcotic effect.
I have also decided to continue with 12 seeds per pack, in line with previous F2 releases.

Watch out also for a limited edition 'Chem Kit' - which will include 15 C4DDF2s, 8 Contra D (C4DDD) and 8 C4DD4 (C4DD x Chem 4)

VG :wave:

Last edited:
B

Benny106

Sounds disgusting..really enjoyed the f1 a great deal, saw a better result with cooler temps in the end. Looks on point jakespeed nice work everyone.

jakespeed

Veteran
picture.php
VG you say it exactly how I would see the three I ran, I have ran lots of variants of cd seed, and this knocks it out of the park . I kept all three put them back into flower, hard to choose what was best, this seed has got my attention. greasy greasy stuff, the shine is like a grade A diamond.

Fitzera

I wish i could give likes to each individual post!

Looking lovely there VG and Jake!!
I'm still loving the Chem pheno of the opg cross the most! I'm curious though...gingernuts...what are those? And what do they smell like? I've never heard if those before

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks BeAn !

js - that's so good to hear! - gets the numbers up. that does look super frosty.it looks similar to the one i revegged that im starting to call the chemfilth pheno lol. just ponging... almost too much. i'm just about to run that one again.. if i have room.

Fitzera, thanks for checking it out! i'm quite happy how the C4DD has behaved in the crosses i made too... and i'm stoked that its being used in a few crosses by other people!
gingernuts are those small. hard, round, cheep ginger biscuits you get in big packs. they may be called something different where you live ?

VG

eyesdownchronic

Hi all, i'm happy with the C4DD F2 plants from the test grows. Potency i would say is comparable to the F1s, high to very high. The terpene profile shows some variation within the range of Chem funk - Sweaty Socks, Brussels sprout, Scallions, Garlic, Fuel, Musky, Gingernuts, Sausage meat - all the filthy Chemmy smells are here in different proportions! - so you can find your keepers as to your own taste. They go about 9-10 weeks but can be ripened longer for a more narcotic effect.
I have also decided to continue with 12 seeds per pack, in line with previous F2 releases.

Watch out also for a limited edition 'Chem Kit' - which will include 15 C4DDF2s, 8 Contra D (C4DDD) and 8 C4DD4 (C4DD x Chem 4)

VG :wave:

ooooo, will these be made available on seedbay?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds disgusting..really enjoyed the f1 a great deal, saw a better result with cooler temps in the end. Looks on point jakespeed nice work everyone.

It's said that we wouldn't enjoy the bitter taste or smell of coffee if we didn't associate it with the 'lift' that the drink gives us...
and i think it amounts to something similar with the chem lol, some of the funk smells quite unpleasant in a way... but we associate it with the dankness of the gear.. the taste and the effect.. so we love it.

VG :jump:

B

Benny106

It's said that we wouldn't enjoy the bitter taste or smell of coffee if we didn't associate it with the 'lift' that the drink gives us...
and i think it amounts to something similar with the chem lol, some of the funk smells quite unpleasant in a way... but we associate it with the dankness of the gear.. the taste and the effect.. so we love it.

VG :jump:

Disgusting in the "cant stop smelling it" why is my jar always empty sense in this case. I might have run the f2 iirc. It has been said by the elders in regards to burnt rubber not bieng a good flavour in concentrates, but great in flower..the shatter i saw made from this line was top shelf very tasty, be nice to see this hit up onto forum for a gmo type cross.

Fitzera

thanks BeAn !

Fitzera, thanks for checking it out! i'm quite happy how the C4DD has behaved in the crosses i made too... and i'm stoked that its being used in a few crosses by other people!
gingernuts are those small. hard, round, cheep ginger biscuits you get in big packs. they may be called something different where you live ?

VG

Ohhh gingersnaps! I had to Google it lol. I grew out a Critical a couple years back that cured to a very spicy aroma with hints of ginger and nutmeg...I found it very strange for weed.

I've found a couple seeds on the outside of some of the Chem pheno buds, most likely due to the plant that hermed on me but its got my hopes up to keep that chemmy goodness around!!

Keep doing what you do! I bet in short time you're going to be the go to guy for all that is chem!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the words of encouragement ! :tiphat:
obviously the C4DD isn't all my work.. i just saw something (C4D) that i could continue to develop into a chem line that was as 'pure' as possible..
Personally i'm really glad that the F2s show a bit more variation that the F1s.. The F1s mostly had a fairly similar smell to them... i was selecting on the basis of speed of rooting or height rather than smell.. because they were so consistent. I guess some people look for very uniform F1s.. but i prefer the 'gold' that is in the variations of F2s . I'm hoping that the balance between consistency and variation is about right in these F2s.. and so far i think they are on the right lines.. like i asked mentioned earlier in the thread.. there may not be that many chem varieties like this that have been taken to F2 rather than just bx'd.
And of course i was glad when the test grow of 10 plants - 2 of each of the different varieties - finished without any herms!

That said, i'll now be glad to start moving into something other than Chem... i have some BlueDigiBerry seedlings up... and working with the white rhino.. variety is the spice of life !

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts