What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DDF2 grow-along.

R

ResinFap

so if I buy seeds now what gonna have ? This is test grow here ?

R

ResinFap

how many girls/males you used to have these f2? specific pheno or mixtape ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so if I buy seeds now what gonna have ? This is test grow here ?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]how many girls/males you used to have these f2? specific pheno or mixtape [/FONT]

pretty much yes, i have Released a limited amount of packs early that used slightly wider population of females, and that seed batch batch will go into the final release along with a bigger batch of seeds from the more typical 'chem D' phenos. I wanted to keep the possibility of the odd 'outlier' pheno whilst having a large amount of the seeds from the more typical plants.

The early packs have 12 seeds anyway so you get extra seeds to sort through. the main release after the test grows will be 10 seeds per pack.

i used 4 males and 4 females for the main batch, and 4 males and 6 females for the early batch.

This C4DD line is already pretty inbred and consistent and -producing typical chemmy plants plants in every female... leaning in general towards the D... so i used as many decent boys and girls as i could so as not to lose what is left of the genetic diversity.

I kept one slightly different looking plant out of interest from my germ test of the limited batch and it looked more sativa but smells like chem D very strongly and is VERY greasy/sticky and potent.

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, and no worries, i blabbed on a bit lol... the short answer is that the early release 'OP' packs have a little bit more diversity in the seeds and 2 extra seeds to play with !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys, yes that are shaping up quite well - i wish i'd had space to grow a few more of the F2s though. The one i harvested before this, that had a slightly more narrow leaf look to it, smelled as Chemmy and filthy as you could ever hope for... so hopefully these will smell just as good (if 'good' is the right word lol)
Really glad js is adding to the grow show... and there should be another test grow or two along soon.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm very pleased to say that i have managed to reveg and get a rooted cutting of the first C4DD F2 i grew out a couple of months ago.. probably the stinkiest chem plant ive ever grown... filthy rank diesely sweaty onion/garlic funk and very thick smoke...leaves that plasticine greasy sticky coating on your fingers. The jar got plenty of attention and is nearly empty !
not a great pic... hopefully now i can run again and get some better ones
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks js, great to see that they bush out rather well if given more light and space...
they all look very happy and healthy!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, we are at about 8 weeks. plants getting ripe, one smells chemmy and leathery, and the other has a kind of musky smell which reminds me of OGKA. both have lovely large resin glands!

That's this one:
picture.php

picture.php

and the other one
picture.php

picture.php

VG