What's new

C- BANANA S1

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats why i asked does CB mom shows intersex traits??

And a reversing thru cutting roots made specific stabile progeny,
not like with STS,GA3 what you claim.. with root depriving you will
have totaly stabile fems and they will not show intersex traits,but
that is only if mother is stabile and she dont show intersex
traits while she is growed...,so i didnt say you could choose
mother that shows intersex traits.. but more i refer to STS reversing that could in some cases create interesex in progeny
cause of method that is used...

feminized seeds that are produced with root depriving tech are most stabile fem seeds you will ever found...

That's just Rubbish. I don't know where you read that.. It doesn't matter whats used to create feminized pollen. Even plants that self pollinate naturally produce the same pollen. Its all carries the same genetic info!!! . In this case as I said IMO the recessive trait has become dominate in the progeny due to the dom trait becoming broken.. It seems not all but a high % of the progeny where effected.

Most know if you start with plants that express intersex traits the progeny will also have the same trait. The way the pollen is made has nothing to do with this.

This already sets you way above most breeders. Not welcome to the game, you're one of the few playing right!

I know many that do testing. I take full responsibility for letting some packs of these cbs1 out early. I have taken care of those that didn't act like dickhead.. I should never have let my feelings to make people happy cloud my judgment. It wont happen again.

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
OK if that is your absolute answer than i will stop to share ideas with you,

excuse me for trying to do so...

Kind regards Hammer

Zapadra

That's just Rubbish. I don't know where you read that.. It doesn't matter whats used to create feminized pollen. Even plants that self pollinate naturally produce the same pollen. Its all carries the same genetic info!!! . In this case as I said IMO the recessive trait has become dominate in the progeny due to the dom trait becoming broken.. If there's only 1 set of instructions the recessive allele is now the dominate set of instructions. it
seems not all but a high % of the progeny where effected.

Most know if you start with plants that express intersex traits the progeny will also have the same trait. The way the pollen is made has nothing to do with this.

I know many that do testing. I take full responsibility for letting some packs of these cbs1 out early. I have taken care of those that didn't act like dickhead.. I should never have let my feelings to make people happy cloud my judgment. It wont happen again.

What would cause the "breaking"? As for testers, I really don't think one should act like a dickhead when being supplied testers! Says more about you than them for sure.

I have A LOT of respect for the your work and development. Great to follow! :tiphat:

What would cause the "breaking"?
It is not that the dominant allele becomes "broken" as such, but rather is absent in some of the offspring.

If a plant is heterozygous for one or more genes which are involved in sexual expression, then often one allele is dominant and governs the phenotype, while the others' phenotype is recessive or hidden. When a plant is crossed with itself, these recessive alleles are paired up in 25% of the progeny (i.e. become homozygous), and are thus free from the previously dominant allele and able to express their phenotype.

Zapadra

It is not that the dominant allele becomes "broken" as such, but rather is absent in some of the offspring.

If a plant is heterozygous for one or more genes which are involved in sexual expression, then often one allele is dominant and governs the phenotype, while the others' phenotype is recessive or hidden. When a plant is crossed with itself, these recessive alleles are paired up in 25% of the progeny (i.e. become homozygous), and are thus free from the previously dominant allele and able to express their phenotype.

Yes thank you! Completely understand! :tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I was reading material on this related to humans. The dom Allele is not missing but broken giving abnormal info. I think its more like 50+%... If it was 25% I wouldn't have seen as many with issues. Many genetic disorders involve broken genes that code for a protein that doesn’t work properly. Since one normal copy of the gene can often provide enough of the protein to mask the effects of the broken allele, these disorders often have a recessive inheritance pattern.

I should have kept both lots separate to see if was in both lots. I mixed them up so I didn't know what seeds where from lot 1 or lot 2.

Last edited:

Zapadra

I was reading material on this related to humans. The dom Allele is not missing but broken giving abnormal info. I think its more like 50+%... If it was 25% I wouldn't have seen as many with issues. Many genetic disorders involve broken genes that code for a protein that doesn’t work properly. Since one normal copy of the gene can often provide enough of the protein to mask the effects of the broken allele, these disorders often have a recessive inheritance pattern.

I should have kept both lots separate to see if was in both lots. I mixed them up so I didn't know what seeds where from lot 1 or lot 2.

A transcription issue?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's a lot of info on Broken alleles. I'm assuming this can happen in cannabis..

We tend to use "incomplete dominance" to describes situation of haplo-insufficiency. The white flower petal has two broken alleles for making pigment, and one working copy doesn't yield enough pigment to make the flower look as red as it would if it had two working red pigment alleles.

Diploid cells include all animal cells, including those of humans. They are also found in the cells of flowering plants, gymnosperms and in one of the two generations of algae and lower plants. Diploid cells are cells containing chromosomes, which exist in pairs. Diploid cells confer an advantage to the organism. If there is a genetic mutation or any gene damage, the functional chromosome may be used instead. Diploid chromosomes also give an organism an advantage in evolution. If one chromosome is not suited well for the environment, the other may be able to compensate and allow the organism to thrive.

Last edited:
I think its more like 50+%... If it was 25% I wouldn't have seen as many with issues.
The thing is Hammer, genetics is complex and it's not as simple as one gene, one trait. Many phenotype characteristics are controlled by the interactions of multiple genes, and it may only take changes in the expression of one or two of those genes to "switch on" a particular phenotype such as the production of male flowers on a female. Hence why observable percentages don't always conform with what one would expect.

Cheers

~star~crash~

hello

hello

picture.php

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Darn I was praying to the universe you found a boy :( oh well time to proceed to see your c bananas finish I will be watching for sure keep up the killer work brother!

Latest posts

Latest posts