What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

Jbonez

Veteran
Should be noted that while iba is what you want in your powder/gel that when using powder, knock off excess, just enough to coat the stem, same with the gel, ive seen too much gel have adverse effects, same with powder..

I can honestly get roots in the same time with tap water, cloning is more about temps and rh than anything.... Health of mom is also key, but that shouldnt be an issue...

D

DHF

I ran red solo cups full of 50/50 verm/perl pre-soaked in ph adjusted R/O for over 15 yrs with damn near 100% success and regular ass rootin powder from Lowe`s and Home Depot......but....

The cloning/rooting cuts process involves sooo much more than rooting hormones , and it boils down to consistently providing the proper low-light high temp and rh environment ftw.....

80 degrees and 80% RH with regular ass 40 watt shoplights will root your cuts consistently if yas follow the rules.....

Moist aerated medium , use pick of the litter healthy cuts from healthy plants , provide optimum temps and elevated RH , and in 5-7 days roots will be bustin out.....unless it`s the clone only Chem D , then it`s easily double ..why I have no clue , but believe that....anyways..

Rooting hormones help I guess , but the shit`ll root sittin in a glass of water in the kitchen windowsill in a couple weeks +/- as a rule with decent temps , so it`s all about consistency.....

Chimera nailed it above as well , and I ran clear solo coco mix cups with humidome tops made outta the same cups with holes drilled in em the last 5 yrs I grew with comparable success , but.....

The clear cups let me find the picks of the litter cuts with the most developed rootzones even faster , and that got em under the T-5`s faster for pre-veg , and faster into the flip rooms , which in turn helped my rotations for more harveys per yr at each location.......

Didn`t mean ta jack yer thread Krunch.......Just thought it needed ta be said...rooting powder/gel/liquid plays a small part in rooting healthy cuts......but....it does help....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.......

BrownThumb

I use this because it was what was available. How's that for a rec.? Yeah, it works, but I want to get to the point of not having to use anything.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Thanks for the tip Krunch!! Been having a poor success rate since I moved a year ago. I had my heat mat on for a half hour, then off for a half hour, then on again-this didnt seem to be a problem at my old place I think because it was carpeted and held the heat longer than the wooden floors now. So I recently bought a heat mat controller to keep them at a constant warmth, and just ordered up a bottle of the Rooting Hormone. Thanks again kRunch! Will let u know about my success rate.
Do you think its possible to clone a bud? My BLZ Bud is in her 8th week of flower and I kinda want to keep the strain around...

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
1308511_L.jpg

I thought most gels/powders contained IBA

growbig789

I've had the same jar of green light from home depot I've been using off and on for years now... works for me. I just rooted a tray of 14 cuts, 100%... but I think I will bump up my temps based on reading this thread... I was keeping the mat at 75 degrees, and roots showed in about 9 or 10 days... i'll try the low 80s next time and see if they go even faster

Been using that for years with wonderful results... only bad thing is my local home depot started stocking up the miracle grow kind.. now I have to find a spot online or another home depot that stocks these..

Gonna give that miracle grow one a try with some to see the results.. I will report back my findings .

paulycali

SUPERNATURAL BRAND imo makes the best rooting powder. Has the highest % of the active ingredient than any other brand. Check em out. You will be amazed by the results. 3 days sooner than normal for sure

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
SUPERNATURAL BRAND imo makes the best rooting powder. Has the highest % of the active ingredient than any other brand. Check em out. You will be amazed by the results. 3 days sooner than normal for sure

A higher % actually deters rooting believe it or not...

Plus SN is 10X the price...

paulycali

A higher % actually deters rooting believe it or not...

Plus SN is 10X the price...

I highly doubt that. Why are my cuttings rooting faster and hardier then? I personally dont see any other companies product come close. I have pretty much tried every type of rooting hormone. Powders, gels, solutions ect. Supernatural brand works best imo. My hardest strain to root takes just under 2 weeks to take root while others root in as little as 5 days. Fully rooted in 7 days and ready for transplant. You get a nice little packet inside with plenty of insight on cuttings and applications. These guys no whats up for sure. Have you used Supernatural? Where's this info on %'s?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I highly doubt that. Why are my cuttings rooting faster and hardier then? I personally dont see any other companies product come close. I have pretty much tried every type of rooting hormone. Powders, gels, solutions ect. Supernatural brand works best imo. My hardest strain to root takes just under 2 weeks to take root while others root in as little as 5 days. Fully rooted in 7 days and ready for transplant. You get a nice little packet inside with plenty of insight on cuttings and applications. These guys no whats up for sure. Have you used Supernatural? Where's this info on %'s?

The info is from a person on here, who does 10,000's of clones a year....

He bought IBA in 4 different strengths to test which was best, the higher the percentage the worst rooting was....

IBA is used for hardwood plants, which pot is not....

Ill see if he will chime in here....

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey Krunch!!,
It seems as if the Rooting Hormone is working, I have a few roots poking out of a few babies :peacock: Happy toKIN!

FJM5000

Thanks for the math.

Thanks for the math.

You can replicate the tablet's dosage for soaking the medium with a shitload of the Green Light (or any other .1& IBA formula), since they're the exact same, lone active ingredient.

Those tablets are 20% IBA in 250mg tablets, equalling 50mg per 10l of water. Green Light rooting hormone is .1% IBA, so you'd need to use 50,000 mg, or 50g (10tsp, assuming 5g per tsp) of Green Light to get 50mg of IBA per 10 liters of water, or 5g (1tsp) per 1 liter of water. I may give this a try next time I clone, rather than dipping, and see what happens.

Thanks for the Math. :tiphat:
I'm gonna try this when i run out of Clonex.

T

thesloppy

Thanks for the Math. :tiphat:
I'm gonna try this when i run out of Clonex.

Don't bother, it doesn't work so good. :(

On the flip side, I've been having great luck with Rhizopon dissolvable IBA tablets, since I clone in plain' ol water and the powders won't stick/work that well.

T

thesloppy

Sloppy: Do you just dissolve the tablets in water, then use that water to water/moisten the clone?

Yup. The tablets come with directions for all sorts of different ways and strengths to apply the stuff, from long soaks, to quick dips, and immersion baths. I just dip my clones in a solution for about 30 seconds. Using the IBA tablets I get roots in 7-10 days from cuttings that usually take 3-4 weeks in just plain water. They're somewhat hard to find, but here's where I got mine from:

http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/product/rhizopon-aa-tablets-20-percent