What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butterscotch hawaiian

PWF

i have made a few butterscotch crosses!
mine come from c-ray when he worked at rms and i then was gifted some of c-rays later 2009 work.
i'd like some of that original godxlui!
here are a few of the crosses i've made...
butterscotch f2(sic)
butterscotch f3(sic)
butterscotchxkillerqueen
killerqueenxbutterscotch
romulanxbutterscotch
snowcapxbutterscotch
shishkaberryxbutterscotch
cherryxbutterscotch
chinese indicaxbutterscotch
reefermanhashplantxbutterscotch
pre88g13/hpxbutterscotch
chem'91xbutterscotch
chem4xbutterscotch
headbandxstarburst (starburst is a pheno selected by cray)
butterscotchxstarburst
then i made a few crosses using the chem'91xbutterscotch and the chem4xbutterscotch...
as good as butterscotch is by itself it does amazing mixed into other variety making great f1 hybrid.
i call my chem'91xbutterscotch CARAMEL and have made several crosses with it including one to a couple nevils haze females.
some of my butterscotch f2 i made that are chunkier pheno have an oldschool peppery hazey thing going on. almost nl5 ish which makes sense since LUI is 25% nl5?
your plant looks great MrD!
peace,
pwf

PWF

did you have pheno from your initial f1 run that were spicey peppery almost like a haze?
btw, you did a great job BigBag!
been wanting to tell you for awhile!
did you ever get any pictures of your f1 parents?
i've never seen a picture of the real JOTI godbud.
is his cut the same as the one called just god?
could you tell me about the purple skunk cut that is supposed to be one of the parents to the joti?
your knowledge is coveted by me i love the caramel flavor and very curious as to where it came about.
i hope cray can help with that one also.
folks, if you havent smelled the really butterscotchy pheno yet you are in for a delicious treat!
peace,
pwf

Green Supreme

Veteran
Purple Skunk is a very old cut in BC. I believe it was part of Marc Emery's first seed catalogue, when he only had like 4 strains. The cut is held tightly and has been used in crosses by JOTI, Mighty Mites seed co and I believe BCSC. She is very stinky and strong herbs. I look forward to finding her one day. Have been promised her a few times, so chances are still good. Peace GS

PWF

hello green supreme.
thank you for posting that!
i hope you can procure that purple skunk.
i bet its one of the best ingredients.
i wonder if it is related to the chems because something about my butterscotch moms smell was diesellee reminescent of the funk in the chem'91 i have.
thank you for posting gs. i'm glad you dont hold any ill will towards me. i know i did towards you.
peace,
pwf

Green Supreme

Veteran
I have tried a few Chems and none of the ones I tried even remotely reminds me of the P.Skunk. I am fortunate enough to get to puff her several times a year. Peace GS

PWF

you never got to toke the butterscotch mom i had tho. that is what i was comparing it to.
there are nuances i am trying to convey in type so i dont expect you to understand exactly.
i have the chems and while i understand your point, i also see the similarity in the skunkyness side not the fuel part.
mind you, i did say i felt there could be a relation not that they are directly related like an f1 cross. i have a little more experience than to make such a statement which if youll read my exact words in the post you are commenting on youll see i put the words together to say this.
this is why i have had problems with you before, word games.

bigbag

Veteran
for the record, the "god" clone was circulating the island well b4 JOTI ever released it in seed form. remember puffin godbud in van city in 2000 at the bcmp headqtrs and blunt bros and havin peeps trip out that i had her ! all the locals told me god is simply p.skunk, never mentioning hawaiian. at any rate, i even remember chattin with Vic High of BCGA about it in '99. got the god clone back recently and she's now officially the slowest vegging plant known to man or god. in wk 1 of flower now and i have select RMS Double Skunk ( Purple Skunk x Skunkmans Sk#3 ) pollen waitin in the wings for her :)
really happy how well the male LUI crossed with the god, as every1 knows LUI females tend to have boring, bland pheno's that arn't very potent ( fuuny, cuz breeder steve claimed his cali ortega was insanely strong, he compared it to biker hashplant at the time ) but i did select the male from 300 seedlings ( had large rural acreage to work on at time ) around the same era, i sent a grip of god x lui seeds to breeder brad of smoke-a-lot seeds, and he ran with them, working a line he dubbed " godzilla ". def some very nice, tasty, potents herbs well worth preserving... cheerz !

bigbag

Veteran
vegged the god cut for 4 months and got a 18" tall, 24" wide mini bush... hope she stretches or it'll b a small yielder... no matter, the main thing is, it's gettin seeded with some kill pollen of a very similar strain. if i get lucky, i'll have some vigorous, skunky, god-like seedling in 6 months or so...;)

Buddle

Veteran
Great info all.Very interesting and enlightening to hear how these girls come to fruition.Thx for starting this thread and the pics.
I grew some Herijuana x Nevils 88 g13/hp this past winter and it was very strong meds.I look forward to the g13/hp x bsh as well.Hopefully will get to some this winter.
Breeder Brad is a friend of mine and I have had a bunch of Lemon Godzilla (Grapes sister) and another Godzilla beans that I never popped.Guess its time check'em out.. Nice to know what the lineage is.This was yrs before he sold Godzilla Grape etc.

bigbag

Veteran
wow, old breeder brad godzilla gear is very rare today... wish u luck in germin' 'em ! heri x g13/hp, nice ! a 3way combo of some of the planets strongest indica's, hard 2 go wrong there

Green Supreme

Veteran
One note about LUI. I too went through some seed. Picked the best female out of 100 and the 7 nicest males for a cross. Many of the females were indeed good herbs. Even the Red's pick received a beating cuz commercial dudes were taking it at 6 weeks. Same cut taken at 10 weeks is wonderful. Smells like strawberries. I am sad I have lost both those cuts. Peace GS

Last edited:

bigbag

Veteran
I'd agree, had quite a few very nice specimens of LUI, big, light green, frosty and sweet. suppose i was hoping 4 a super heavy, hashy, hard hitting, send yer ass 2 bed Ortega pheno that never materialized. keep in mind, i was doin 'em outdoors also, and mold was an issue as many pheno's went well into october... did however see/puff much indoor LUI, that was always almost like a jammers, too bad. the male i picked was the beasiest plant i almost ever seen, it hit 14', in a 5gal bucket. biggest leaves and stocks and very dark green. actually made massive male colas, and dumped buckets of pollen ( wonder if my 'hood got a few seeds in the outdoor/backyard stuff that year ;) ? )

Green Supreme

Veteran
"did however see/puff much indoor LUI, that was always almost like a jammers,"

Back to what I said about 6 weeks. Have yet to meet anyone that took her to 10. Same thing with Sweet Pink Grapefruit. 6 week'd to death by the commercial dudes. Just took one to 81 days and I love it and pray I never lose her again. Knock on wood. Peace GS

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im kinda lost in this but man its kewl to read into it like this...Im glad that the orig cats who worked these lines are saying so..Its whats been needed badly for a while far as being able to back line a hybrid..

So what exactly do I have/had/ran g13/BSH or Ghash from ndnguy?....I know ndnguy worked with many folks and really was into gifting and growing about anything..we've tossed beans around for a while now but think he's finally retired..I do have allot of his gifts that have reefs work involved...

C-ray please rel/or make more BSH...I'd love just to try it solo...
Heres the g13/BSH I grew..truly a funky hybrid...being familiar with LUI and Gbud you have me curious..if not its casual to...

MisterD if this isn't relative or a intrusion just say the word and I'll pull the post..
keep rollin
FOE20

Attachments

• G13-BSH-3.jpg
    G13-BSH-3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Ghash1_03-02-12.jpg
    Ghash1_03-02-12.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 18
  • G13-BSH-1.jpg
    G13-BSH-1.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 15
  • GHashMac1_03-24-12.jpg
    GHashMac1_03-24-12.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Ghash2_03-02-12.jpg
    Ghash2_03-02-12.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 17

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Oh no, that's cool foe20! Let's fire this thread ^^ Btw, i'm very surprised by that quite sativa pheno you showed us!

It's hawaiian pheno leaning ... Or, skunk leaning? I'll go with skunk! :p

C-ray?

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
Bâaââââââââaââââh ...

Still the same pheno .. With a lovely sour smell ^^

pict0062g.jpg

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Nice pics, FOE. C-ray told me that what I had were the second gen BHaw, which was a backcross and most specimens grew slow as shit, but were oh-so-sweet... I always called it dessert weed, for after dinner... and people here locally LOVED it. When I was down to my last 1/2 ounce I had a guy pay me $500 for it, he insisted, and then he vac sealed it, put it in an ammo can and buried it in his backyard for a special occasion. LOL

Anyways, 3 of 4 were the slow-as-hell indy pheno, and the last one was a sat pheno that looked identical to the pic of the BH hybrid you posted a few posts back.

I have a pack of each of C-ray's BHaw lines (thanks man) and I look forward to digging into them someday soon, but I do wish I still had those original 2004/5 RMS BHaw beans because I didn't take cuts ever back then, so I only had it for that one crop and never got to enjoy that sickeningly sweet, sticky chunky colorful ganja after that.

Peace-
Dig/MoHo

PWF

you couldve asked me at any time man.
i have lotsa butterscotch f3 and crosses.
we have shared these boards since that time too.
never got to enjoy that sickeningly sweet, sticky chunky colorful ganja after that.

Peace-
Dig/MoHo