What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butte County

oneofus

thanks for the answer, tank.

'preciate it.

I knew the standard was low but I didn't think it could actually be that capricious and arbitrary.

Nonetheless, it's better to know the reality of the situation rather than flying blind into the hands of the pigs believing that you're safe.

Looks like no one is safe in any way, shape or form from anything.

Fuckers.

Good luck to all this year. Each and every one.

:joint:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Just wanted to share that my friend had a card left at his gate asking him to call due to "potential violations due to lighting and camping violations. He's way down a side road with only one neighbor. It's not visible from the road and I'm not sure if it might have been a legitimate complaint. This is almost into Yuba county at the far edge of Forbestown. I'll post back when I hear back on how it goes.

furrywall11

Hey since this thread seems a little more active I was wondering --- when you go to the NORML website it lists the laws by county- for some counties it just recites the state law, no mention of the quasi-bans that are going around--does this mean that one could get, say, 6 state cards, become a certified caregiver and grow 36 plants outside without getting hassled? The county in question is Placer.

Thanks

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I don't think so, but if you have any questions I'm sure there's a local lawyer you could consult about it. If that was the case here then we would all be doing that. So far there's been nothing to overturn the counties ability to restrict our cultivation using the local code enforcement angle. Those who have resisted have done so mostly by retaining local legal counsel and letting them handle it. I'm not sure what the case is in Placer.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Their is no standard. The mere accusation of being non compliant with county code is sufficient for the issuance of an inspection warrant.

buttt, arent the fines being thrown out in court due to the fact most of these inspection warrants did not have sufficient probable cause and flaws were made in their execution? i believe an insufficient warrant was the reason one of my friends had his entire case vacated.

also when my lawyer pressed them for our search warrant affidavit, the county stalled and stalled and never ever got back to us on it. they raided an indoor grow with no visible proof of plants and will not disclose their probable cause. they found an empty 2000sqft building with 18 small plants in less than 500 sqft, the abandoned shell of a former grow compliant under measure B. they issued a $500 dollar citation for being outside the box which was paid, but they have pretty much abandoned their case against us for electrical and plumbing violations not related to measure A.

IMO, and this is from reading butte countys own measure a process chart, for the warrants to be valid the complaint has to include aerial surveliance of the plants in question. no plants visible = no inspection warrant anymore, and even if one was issued would the fines even stick up in court?

also have heard from lawyers that say a judge will not sign a search warrant simply based on them having a greenhouse. there are hundreds if not thousands of greenhouses in butte county, is the county going to execute warrants on all of them when they dont even know if theres marijuana inside?

Fuzzy,
local ordinances override plant counts, but if a county like placer has no ordinance in place that i would assume that would be the case. but hell if a county has no ordinance you might as well do 99 lol.

furrywall11

The helicopters are the key...I wonder if when deciding if a parcel is a potential "grow property" they take into account other factors like--55-250 gallon tea making containers, light dep equipment like golden arms or just tarps with ropes--toyota tacomas---lol--the view from the roll up sides--or the expensive ventilation system---the view from previous years--you know they keep some kind of record of all the guys that had 99 200 gallon smart pots out when that was a thing-I bet there are a lot of tell tale signs that can be seen from the sky that would let on that you're not growing tomatoes. Anyways, I'm glad cases are getting tossed out in Butte, heck yeah! If Measure A passes in Yuba County part of the deal is that all the fines are reversed so those that already paid will get a big fat certified check from the county.

On Placer County...yeah, there's no ordinance but how long can that last?

In the end, Butte County medical marijuana advocates will be able to claim they're the best at hiding out. Humboldt County medical marijuana advocates will smile as they point out that they actually grow medical marijuana.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
The helicopters are the key...I wonder if when deciding if a parcel is a potential "grow property" they take into account other factors like--55-250 gallon tea making containers, light dep equipment like golden arms or just tarps with ropes--toyota tacomas---lol--the view from the roll up sides--or the expensive ventilation system---the view from previous years--you know they keep some kind of record of all the guys that had 99 200 gallon smart pots out when that was a thing-I bet there are a lot of tell tale signs that can be seen from the sky that would let on that you're not growing tomatoes. Anyways, I'm glad cases are getting tossed out in Butte, heck yeah! If Measure A passes in Yuba County part of the deal is that all the fines are reversed so those that already paid will get a big fat certified check from the county.
On Placer County...yeah, there's no ordinance but how long can that last?

y'all need to make your greenhouse look like it's a horse arena.

hobby-horse-acres.jpg

You could have full season or dep in one of these and they don't look funny when they are lit at night.
arenajumps.jpg

Grow-1-1024x680.jpg

fdb45554e37bfe8c-e1430227319149.jpg

Well, it's going to be another rough summer in Butte and Yuba County!

Why is it that the MJ/MMJ community just can't get their act together?

If you didn't vote, well, what's that old saying?...You get what you paid for!

S

Stone House

I'm pretty sure many of the yes votes are the result of the actions of growers that really pissed off the local non growers. I know on the mountain I live on some of the growers had dogs barking all night, gunfire at night, driving way too fast (one lane gravel road),
and when they left after being visited by code enforcement most left chemical drums,trash, human waste (shit in buckets or holes).
Until these type of growers learn to blend in and not cause problems I don't see much of a future for the rest of us growers in Butte.

furrywall11

There is truly weird shit happening about twenty minutes outside of Oroville. I was looking at a property out there two years ago...two 40 acre parcels right next to each other owned by this total freak. He must've had a dozen mobile homes, shanty houses and matson containers on his property and there was a toothless tweaker living in every one. It was 10am and he was already drinking Jim Beam from the bottle and maybe 5 minutes into our conversation about leasing possibilities he pulls out a huge hand gun and puts it on his desk just no big deal. We walked around the property and you could see they had been doing 99+ using gravity feeding for a few years at least. IDK, if you put that kind of money into the hands of the wrong people that's what you get--a meth cult 20 minutes outside of Oroville. I believe there has to be some regulation to avoid that sort of scenario...I really hope the community and the state and county elected officials can get it together to create smart regulation so that decent folks can still make a living growing and start paying taxes..It could be win win for everyone if it was done right. I think it's possible we might be on the path towards that despite losing this most recent vote.

ApolloAK

There is truly weird shit happening about twenty minutes outside of Oroville. I was looking at a property out there two years ago...two 40 acre parcels right next to each other owned by this total freak. He must've had a dozen mobile homes, shanty houses and matson containers on his property and there was a toothless tweaker living in every one. It was 10am and he was already drinking Jim Beam from the bottle and maybe 5 minutes into our conversation about leasing possibilities he pulls out a huge hand gun and puts it on his desk just no big deal. We walked around the property and you could see they had been doing 99+ using gravity feeding for a few years at least. IDK, if you put that kind of money into the hands of the wrong people that's what you get--a meth cult 20 minutes outside of Oroville. I believe there has to be some regulation to avoid that sort of scenario...I really hope the community and the state and county elected officials can get it together to create smart regulation so that decent folks can still make a living growing and start paying taxes..It could be win win for everyone if it was done right. I think it's possible we might be on the path towards that despite losing this most recent vote.

The mexican gangs in my county like to send their families to city council meetings. They don't want regulated cannabis to cut into their black market profits. Even Mexico has medical marijuana now, yet I'm sitting here in Northern California being told by a bunch of immigrants, that don't pay taxes mind you, what I can and can't do on my own land. Fucking ridiculous