What's new

Butane honey oil for dummies

señorsloth

Veteran
why is this thread not a sticky?!?! it's ten times more informative than ANY of the threads in the sticky section now...ive spent entire days online searching for bho info all over the internet, and it turns out we have over 100 pages of relevant discussion right here on icmag it was just hidden because it isn't stickied at the top of the forum...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So you use two wadded up coffee filters on the injecting end? Are you using a larger than normal tube as well?

I use 1" or less ID glass columns.

So you do you think I can make the XL work? (measured last night and inner diameter is 2 and 3/8")

A 2 3/8" ID will work, just not very efficiently. You can repack and run it until you have it all.

why is this thread not a sticky?!?! it's ten times more informative than ANY of the threads in the sticky section now...ive spent entire days online searching for bho info all over the internet, and it turns out we have over 100 pages of relevant discussion right here on icmag it was just hidden because it isn't stickied at the top of the forum...

Agreed, this thread should definitely be a sticky. Though it's pretty easy to find the most useful and informative (long) threads by sorting them by either views or responses.

A 2 3/8" ID will work, just not very efficiently. You can repack and run it until you have it all.

I'm currently trying to figure out a way to get my money back on this XL so I can go with a smaller ID tube. The thought of having to unpack and repack all of my runs in the future to get a respectable yield does not sound enjoyable. Thanks for the help GW.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have some bho runs that will soon kick off once a couple more led cycles run through. I can't wait and THANK YOU for the SS tube link above. That is damn cheap, I have been running with stainless steel turkey basters rigged up to a mount LOL and time to upgrade.

I have some seeded bud from an outdoor batch. I was hoping to just process whole buds using the thermos method and was wondering about having seeds in the mix.

By seeded I mean pretty well covered with seeds. I have no use for the seeds but would be time consuming to remove and also did not want to handle the buds too much as they are coated with trichs.

Can anyone with experience let me know if seeded material can be loaded and produce same results. Seems like it should be no problem but want to make sure.