What's new

Butane honey oil for dummies

T

tuinman

Regarding yields that's the idea, but I couldn't say for sure. This is only the second run I've done. "Firmly packed" is my understanding - and you don't want it too tight, or you may create paths of least resistance your butane will run through instead.

The tube is a 304L stainless steel that's 36" long and has a 1" outside diameter.

I clamped a 120 micron 304L stainless steel mesh at the bottom as a filter. I can't seem to link the page for the life of me so it's a 9230T455 at mcmaster.com

G

GOOROO

you want things packed tight.

I use a screen and hose clamp like the one on the bottom to hold the rubber stopper in, as a just in case.

I always pack from the bottom. That rubber stoppers in there good and held in place.

I like to have a little pressure in my tube

T

tuinman

you want things packed tight.

I use a screen and hose clamp like the one on the bottom to hold the rubber stopper in, as a just in case.

I always pack from the bottom. That rubber stoppers in there good and held in place.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try clamping my stopper in next time as well.

T

tuinman

It should work just fine. You can also order 12" lengths - I just did this with a 1" OD tube.

The rubber stopper just had a hole drilled in it, yeah. I did have to cap it with my thumb as soon as I took out the can though or it would start leaking gas - I'll need to find something more convenient later.

I like the Honey -Bee extractors better than threading my own pipes. I have to use too much plumbing tape to seal the leaks in homemade extractors.

Sour Deez

Anyone ever try lining their dish in parchment paper and purging directly on that?

I heard about people doing this and they said its very easy cause their is no scraping involved.

Anyone ever try lining their dish in parchment paper and purging directly on that?

I heard about people doing this and they said its very easy cause their is no scraping involved.

wow! interesting concept. i have used parchments folds to give small samples frozen, but never thought of using it for collection. i will have to give this one a try. i can see a splash issue, but no more then normal. i may even be able to capture some lid spray (butane recycling system) if i fold the paper correctly.

what do you think, graywolf?

will report back.

Sour Deez

I tried searching but no luck, i visit a vaporizer forum and thats where i saw it, heres what he said. He actually tried doing it with ISO and BHO

"With the ISO I had a LOT of liquid to evaporate and nothing actually soaked through the parchment paper to the pyrex dish below, but after all that time being gently heated the parchment paper looked wrinkly and was fragile.

I now routinely do runs of BHO directly onto parchment paper. I stand by my statement that this is the easiest, fastest, most efficient way to do runs.

Plus now you can do a run, let most of the tane evap, then remove the parchment paper and you're ready to throw another sheet down and do another run! No cleaning the dish between runs or even afterwards... Totally mess and stress free with no cons that I have found after doing 3 big runs and 4 smaller ones.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran

novel idea no doubt, but scraping is very easy too. just do it with a warmed plate, it takes maybe 1-2 minutes.

G

guest5703

yea what would the advantage be with the PP? It seems like you would have to freeze the PP and then shatter everything off which would be a pain too...

novel idea no doubt, but scraping is very easy too. just do it with a warmed plate, it takes maybe 1-2 minutes.

yes, but if you pop it in the freezer on parchment, it pulls together and absolutely does not stick.

i do think there is alot of bow off occurring without some containment. perhaps paper bagging around the end of the tube.

Caille

I also prefer the scrape method, in part because I can gauge very easily the completion of my purge during the scrape. If when I take the first (before heating) blade swipe and what comes off is a clear, see through layer that grows yellow with farther pushing and almost seems like a thin layer of see through glass, then I am properly purged.

If when I hit that first scrape things feel too tacky, I plop it down on the heat pad for another 20 and check it again.

Alexis
*smiles*

T

tuinman

If when I hit that first scrape things feel too tacky, I plop it down on the heat pad for another 20 and check it again.

Would you mind elaborating on this? I've been told my scrapes 'look tacky' previously but I'm not really sure what that means.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Just from my experience if I can scrape a non heated plated with little effort then it needs to be purged more for what it's worth. When all is said and done correctly .I cannot scrape a non heated dish. I will break the razor it is so hard. Came close to losing an eye once doing this. Sorry I haven't been around much to follow this thread, been very busy with new projects.

D

dankitydank

So I've done about 6 or 7 runs in a smaller glass tube. Pack it twice. Maybe half oz-20grams per run? Get a decent yield, use very fresh buds so each time has been quite vibrant gold. I can't seem to get it to change states to wax or acheieve a glass state, any tips? Also, where can I find a cheap hand vacuum pump for purging?

Latest posts

Latest posts