What's new

Busted In Maine

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
there are statues that may be applicable because you cant be watched "indefinitely" without an arrest, although they may vary from state to state

there may be more opportunity for someone versed in the law to work things in your favor

sorry to hear this happened

SHWAK23

William Cote in Lewiston is a pretty kick ass lawyer.
He kept some proven pedo SCUM out of jail and just probation. Not that this is a good thing mind you. But still it does show that he is a GOOD lawyer. Plus he's very 420 friendly and an all around cut throat dude.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very sorry to here that you got nicked.. Did I missed this info....you cant use a MMJ defence? Was it the feds that busted you?

Stinkymutt

No it wasnt the feds that busted me. It was the local county sheriffs Dept. . I leave in fifteen minutes to go to court for the first time on this so am hoping for the best. If I dont post back in here tonight you can assume what may have happened . lol I think I will be fine!
Peace
Mutt

Stinkymutt

No it wasnt the feds that busted me. It was the local county sheriffs Dept. . I leave in fifteen minutes to go to court for the first time on this so am hoping for the best. If I dont post back in here tonight you can assume what may have happened . lol I think I will be fine!
Peace
Mutt

S

SeaMaiden

Fingers crossed for you. It's gonna be a long day, may it pass with a quickness.

W

willyweed

well stinky mutt, this could be good bye for a while .hope it works out for you good luck

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
best of luck, lets hope your lawyer lives up to your expectation and that you get a real honest judge, not one of these 98% conviction rate judges who have stock of the local private for profit jail.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
They just want you to incriminate yourself.

Go to court w/o a lawyer. Ask for a 'court appointed' one. If not, ask for continuation to procure funds to get one. etc... delay, delay, delay.... they get tired

Plead the 5th Don't drink it. Go to court dressed well, and looking good/conservative. Do NOT miss a court date. Always show up but unable to respond to their demands. lol

I've watched from the sidelines..

Never plead to a felony,,,only a 'traffic ticket'.

Good luck. Don't be scared, there's plenty of time for that later. lol

Stinkymutt

Well im not in jail yet. It was just my first appearance . They are charging me with cultivation of over 100 plants which is a felony here. Waiting now to get police reports and such to see how they plan to prove over 100 . They are basing it on a 4 year period so who knows wtf they have ? I am actually out on bail as I had to sign my life away but was never actually arrested per say .
peace
mutt

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
$500 fine and 7-14 days jail time if convicted of class c felony for cultivation in Maine. you will get nothing worse then that. the only thing that sucks is the felony but hey they dont call him marvelous marvin for nothing. Im sure he will get it taken care of for you no stress man

W

willyweed

lets hope aero has called it correct.will be a very good out come if it is good luck

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Over a 4 year period? Damn they watched you for a long time. Weird. And after all this you still don't have the police reports, evidence, etc? Until you are actually arrested I don't think they have to give you what they have which could mean they don't have as much as they say they do so you can hang yourself, or the have more for an ongoing investigation that they don't want to give details of just yet. Hope that's not the case. Glad you are still breathing the free air my friend.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
From sounds of your case it sounds like you were a bigger fish than your first post led on. 4 years watching and 100+ plants isn't small time. I dont buy the 4 years thing but I dont doubt they will lie in court to keep pressure on.

Snitches suck. Keep your head up and definitely get a paid lawyer if at all possible.