What's new

Busted In Maine

qupee

I know from what they described in pictures that they have watched for at least the last 3 seasons. They could not put a name to a face or get a clear picture of my license plate. Problem is Im not sure which patch they found ? I believe it was a small one or they would have busted me back then. It was made out to be much bigger than it was by the investigating officer too and I was told that by another cop that was here. I know 3 years ago there was a game camera pointed down the access road that was found. They asked me about it as it was theres lol . Im still trying to talk to a lawyer today but just leaving messages so far .
Peace
Mutt

imho it sounds like there is WAY too much conversation going on between you and the police. One word, "lawyer," then shut up. Nothing you say can help you, everything you say can hurt you.

ozman

imho it sounds like there is WAY too much conversation going on between you and the police. One word, "lawyer," then shut up. Nothing you say can help you, everything you say can hurt you.

Loose Lips Sink Ships,say nothing,know nothing,do not give them an inch,but take from them a mile.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
keep ur head up and dont believe what they tell u, no way they watched u for 4 years and didnt bust u, like phillty sed

mowood3479

Veteran
When I get arrested I politely ask the officer to bring me to jail please.. id like to get there before... lunch/dinner.. whatever meal is soonest...
chit chat with cops will end up in court documents.
if ur gonna get arrested anyway, better to get proccessed into county.. there u can make ur phone call and post bail..

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
They watched you for four years and they still couldn't spot your partner??? Hmmmmmm.

Good luck with the case.
Beg, borrow, or steal the money for a decent lawyer, do not relay on the public pretender, who only wants to cut a weak deal ASAP, and get on with his massive load of other cases.

it' a common tactics in germany to say "watched you for 5 years"
if they got info by some f*** snitch like "this guy is selling on the street for 5 years" they come up with "we are watching you for 5 years we know everything"
Alot of poeple agree then and make trades, call out names or agree on a much higher number of stuff they actualy got cought with...

I was living in the hell back as a kid. They tried to get every consumer. Oftenly stupid consumers snitched on long term Ganja-providers just because being dumb and taking all the lies...

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
they would have taken your truck already if they wanted it. and you still owe on it so they wont take it. unless they confiscated enough cash to cover your remaining loan. sometimes they will do that if you dont owe much

Ortiz_NE

I always heard maine had pretty lax weed laws, but maybe not so much? I know if I got popped in new hampshire with even one plant I'd be sitting in jail right now

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If they haven't charged you yet they don't have to release the affidavit for the search warrant. may just be sitting back watching who you talk to, visit, or call. The affidavit tells the tale of who, what, when, where, why, and how.

S

SeaMaiden

Discovery. And you should not be paying out of pocket to get discovery. You will save money letting the public defender do it. Discovery.

I also believe that it's BS that they were watching you for years. There's a limitation on how long police can watch someone and *not* take action. I just read an article about that... I need to find that article on the court decision.

qupee

It can be pretty easy to file a request for discovery yourself too, if you're so inclined, and usually you will just pay for the number of pages copied at a a reasonable rate (few cents per).

i thought you could only get discovery if it goes to trial

Nope, you will have the ability to contest evidence in the discovery as part of pre-trial motions, usually the omnibus hearing. In fact, this is very important. It differs by state but some important motions have time limits to be filed and in my experience one thing public defenders are notorious for is simply not doing this (certainly not all but I wouldn't trust whatever random one you got). Another aspect is you will want to know about your judge. Some states grant defendants the right to recuse a judge for no cause (remove them and get another). This is very important if your initial judge is strongly anti-pot/drug and has much leniency in how they sentence. This is another motion that is usually time-limited (short window) and the opportunity can be gone before you know it.

OP, You do not want to miss the opportunity to challenge evidence. How many private attorneys have you already talked to? None, I'll guess. Don't fuck around this is your life a good attorney will make a HUGE difference. Get on it!

I

ItsTopShelf

no way they can get u for the past 4 years unless they have evidence such as journals and pictures to count ur shit..

they tried to do this to a buddy right before i moved on up to maine.. but his charges were dropped because the search warrant didnt cover anything but his room.. in his rental home under his girls name.. so they couldnt use anything they found against him..
but it cost him 15k for the lawyer.. but no felony charge.. and now hes a caregiver up here !! so

I

ItsTopShelf

they can try to get electrical records if this was indoors.. they have done some wierd shit to try and prove more plant numbers.. but usually the lawyers will get it st8ened out an u gotta get acard bro.

qupee

they can try to get electrical records if this was indoors.. they have done some wierd shit to try and prove more plant numbers.. but usually the lawyers will get it st8ened out an u gotta get acard bro.

They will absolutely look back as far as they want and say, "here in this month his power jumped, so this is when he started."

Lawyer, lawyer, lawyer, lawyer. Find one who has been publicly recognized by their peers as excellent (bar associations usually have various awards given each year for stuff like this) and imho it helps if it's one who also believes the marijuana laws are futile, destructive, wasteful whatever. Norml's list of lawyers is hit and miss, some prey on it as easy business.

S

SeaMaiden

My experiences are in California*. However, again IME, once the police begin to develop a case against you that is going in front of a judge, irrespective of whether or not you ask for a trial, you have a legal right to what is called or referred to as discovery (legal terms, I'm rapidly learning, are different depending on who you're asking; E.G. is it a process agent or an agent of process? They're both the same thing, the person or entity who is served, but if you're standing there in front of the court clerk and don't use the right term she's gonna look at you weird and say, "I cannot give legal advice.").

I am making a legal assumption that it's the same across all the states.

* I need to further qualify that my experiences are not because I've gotten in trouble with the law, but through the experiences of others close to me.

It can be pretty easy to file a request for discovery yourself too, if you're so inclined, and usually you will just pay for the number of pages copied at a a reasonable rate (few cents per).

Nope, you will have the ability to contest evidence in the discovery as part of pre-trial motions, usually the omnibus hearing. In fact, this is very important. It differs by state but some important motions have time limits to be filed and in my experience one thing public defenders are notorious for is simply not doing this (certainly not all but I wouldn't trust whatever random one you got). Another aspect is you will want to know about your judge. Some states grant defendants the right to recuse a judge for no cause (remove them and get another). This is very important if your initial judge is strongly anti-pot/drug and has much leniency in how they sentence. This is another motion that is usually time-limited (short window) and the opportunity can be gone before you know it.

OP, You do not want to miss the opportunity to challenge evidence. How many private attorneys have you already talked to? None, I'll guess. Don't fuck around this is your life a good attorney will make a HUGE difference. Get on it!
I'd like to quote you and say, for the benefit of others reading, that the strongest message in your post is to be PROACTIVE. Do *not* wait around for any attorney to do his/her job, even the ones you've paid. And I've paid a couple, not many, but a couple who I felt didn't do shit and so were fired. One went to arbitration and he got a fraction of what he was charging me.

The PDs the people I've mentioned above have worked with, at least in the beginning, did get discovery. Both times the decision was made to put the retainer on a private criminal defense attorney after discovery.

Stinkymutt

If they haven't charged you yet they don't have to release the affidavit for the search warrant. may just be sitting back watching who you talk to, visit, or call. The affidavit tells the tale of who, what, when, where, why, and how.
Thanks for this lil bit of info RR. I have a meeting with a good lawyer soon. Someone from here highly recommended him as well as many friends ! Im keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Its no big deal in maine if you have 6 plants or under from what ive read ?

Stinkymutt

Well I got a letter from lawyer and he has filed for motion of discovery. So hopefully we will get to see what they have .
peace
mutt

Latest posts

Latest posts