What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted by Maintenance Men

P

Pure.Dope

well i didnt know it was small scale because you didnt specify. just trying to help, but since youre being a dick im done here. btw- you deserved to get caught for growing in an apartment and not familiarizing yourself with the rental agreement. of course there going to come in if you specifically tell them not to! peace.

That wasn't meant to be dickheaded. It was a statement.

Thanks for the good wishes. I'll be sure to return the same karma.

TwoOhSix!

I would wait until you learn your charges before dealing with getting a lawyer. Sometimes you can get lucky and they don't bother following up on the case.

If you don't have any cash for a lawyer, Public Defenders can be decent, but it's luck of the draw on who you get. The judge will instruct you about council the day of your arraignment, just sit tight for now.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
maybe you shoulda added in the title please no i told you so's. cos im sure there will be more i told you so's to come in here maybe not.. Lucky your not the typical grower who says they are care givers but really only sell on the streets.. 5 plants is still plenty depending on yer prosecutor.. But yes any apt has the right to enter your premises.. Or any landlord can enter i know i was a landlord for quite awhile and that was in out rental agreement... Also the minute you tell someone not to do something what are they going to do? :chin: I dont know how anyone could not be on pins and needles thinking about a maintenance guy on my roof or in my house with total free reign to go where he wants while growing illegals..Good luck dood hopefully ya learn something from this if it all goes well.. peace n pufs..

sackO

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get a copy of the work order request if you already have one hold onto it, they entered your apartment without proper notice most likely depending upon your lease agreement. I am going to guess they are just confiscating your shit and the State Attorney most likely will not file charges on this one. Lay low, retain a lawyer and explain the situation and make sure you find out how long they have to file charges in your state.

Do not have anything illegal or grow until that time period elapses. If they do issue a warrant for your arrest go turn yourself in immediately as to not make matters worse but I sincerely doubt you would see any felony charges or have to do any actual jail time with just 5 plants in most western states. Good luck to you, stay safe and next time change your damn locks bro that is pretty basic pot growing 101. You are gonna be okay! :canabis:

SUBJECT2MURDER

Find your attorney now.....do the best you can. I would assume that if you don't have some officers coming to your house soon, then you will get something in the mail about a court date. Five plants isn't that much, that's a big plus. I just hope you're not in like, Texas...or Ohio, those states are horrible. Good thing you didn't have scales....and your prior misdemeanor isn't that bad. I would think that you will be alright. You'll have to deal with the courts...and they cost money, that is shitty. Even being a legal medical grower, I still don't trust a fucking thing about my license. Attorney money is something we have to deal with, I feel so bad for ya man....keep your head up and don't stress too bad:)
Wv is worse, 1 plant is a felony.

P

Pure.Dope

SOTF and everybody else, I appreciate this info!

I am definitely laying low, not doing anything illegal and being as good a little boy as I can.

I have to move in 24, so that's already a big enough expense as it is. I'll probably catch a retainer as soon as I get the dough.

They really did leave my place in disarray. Even the clothes hanging in my closet were strewn across the ground. The took my tent cover, but not the poles. They took my pumps, but not my reservoirs. Must have been at least $2g worth of equipment. I'm over it, I'm just hoping they don't prosecute this one.

V

vonforne

Do I just wait for something to come in the mail? I called the police office and they said I have no warrants currently. I'm fucking beside myself.

The arrest warrant has not been issued yet. The DA is looking at the evidence now and he will make a determination as far as charges go.

You need an Attorney NOW. Let him\her do the talking. Do not talk t the idiots in the office again. The DA will use them against you for sure.

5 plants......not as bad as it could be. Is that the total number or just in flowering. Good thing it was Hydro those assholes weigh dirt and containers normally.

Good luck man.

V

whatever you do
dont go to the lawyer all frantic.

all they see is dollar signs.

when i got in trouble. every lawyer gave me the same shit.
"well omg we need to get on this asap. its like cancer. the longer we wait the worse its going to be. gimme gimme gimme."

fuck that. it was the opposite. i stretched it out for years and nothing came of it.

dtfsux

It does not matter how the LL got in. I had someone BREAK into an op, find the plants and call the police.

The LL can NOT throw you out. you need to be evicted. Tell them that and see what they say. Of course you may not want to live there if you have a warrant

Go to NORMLS site, and call as many lawyers out of the phone book as you can. Honestly, the NORMl lawyers I talked to were cool, but they all seemed high at the time :)

A good lawyer, is not going to take payments. They want their money upfront. A desperate young lawyer trying to get his practice off the ground will take payments. still better than a PD

If the cops come back around to talk to you, do not say a WORD.

5 plants? I can not imagine you have much to worry about.

One time I had a case that the cops investigated, and wanted to talk to me. I said no and got a lawyer ( I used the same lawyer 3 times over many years). The lawyer contacted the DA, wrote them a letter he was representing me, not to contact me, blah blah. The DA dropped the case. It had nothing to do with weed

So it may be in your best interest to get a lawyer ASAP, and show the DA you are not laying down. They may just say fuck it.

sorry this has happened to you

V

vonforne

They may just say fuck it.

They will not say that. Even if the had no permission to be in the house the will still try for a plea deal to avoid a trial.

I would start getting some cash together BEFORE they come knocking for you. It is easier to raise funds out side of jail. And with that cash get THE best lawyer. I prefer middle aged Jewish layers. I find they are the best connected.......and yes that matters also. The better connected and smarter your lawyer is, the less time you get.

V

SunTzu

Pure.Dope- Don't say anything. Get a lawyer or the public defender they appoint, make sure he knows you are not just going to plead out. Maintenance work in a rented property is touchy and sticky. Depending on plant count and state you may not be in too much trouble either way. Search on internet (norml/hightimes/MPP) etc...for an attorney, some take on pro bono cases for BAR requirements. Good luck....

SunTzu

Do I get one now? Or do I wait until I hear from the courts???

I hear sometimes that if you don't get arrested on the spot that sometimes your charges get lost in the system. Any luck of that happening?

RIGHT NOW!!!!! From the time you see the uniform you should have an attorney!

T

Tr33

Y r u growing in an Apt. that's f'n stupid in the first place. You have no privacy in an Apt.

In AZ? Your Fuct. There is no Med laws in AZ. No plant limit. a roach will get you 2 days in jail and mandatory Drug rehab. Plants in your home, jail time for sure.
You better get a lawyer now. You will be visited soon ans will be going to lockup. Gawd I hope your not in Phx. I was in lockup there and it's no fun, going through the drunk tanks as they process you naked. Have fun.

I have 2 friends in Flag that are doing 10yrs each for small grow ops. They even made the news

The Northern Arizona Street Crimes Task Force (METRO) served two search warrants today following an investigation into marijuana cultivation operations. The task force is comprised of Flagstaff Police Department officers, DPS officers and Sheriff’s Dept. Deputies. Drug Enforcement Agency agents, DEA, assisted during the investigation and the service of warrants.

At about 07:00 AM agents from the team served warrants on two separate residences. The first being Scott Cheshire in Mountainaire at the 300 block of Commanche and the second one being Bradley Bergquist in Parks off of Government Prairie Road. The unit discovered advanced marijuana growing operations in each. The operations included artificial lighting, progressive fertilizing systems and harvesting/packaging layouts.

Seized during the warrant searches was a large quantity of horticultural equipment, growing plants and packaged marijuana. There were approximately 150 plants and 13 pounds of packaged marijuana. In addition there were pounds of mushrooms, a quantity of LSD, Ecstasy and cocaine. Also seized was approximately 22,000.00 dollars in cash. The street value on the drugs was estimated at about 135,000.00 dollars.

Agents arrested Scott Cheshire, 32, in Mountainaire. His charges included possession of marijuana for sale, cultivation of marijuana, possession of narcotic drugs, possession of dangerous drugs, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Arrested at the Government Prairie location was Bradley Berquist, 27. He was booked for possession of marijuana for sale, cultivation of marijuana, possession of narcotics, possession of dangerous drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia.

These arrests signal the culmination of an ongoing investigations started near the first of the year.

Sgt. Tom Boughner

Flagstaff Police Department

http://www.azdailysun.com/articles/2008/02/23/news/20080223_front%20page_4.txt

Agents from the Metro anti-narcotics task force busted a major marijuana cultivation operation Friday morning, arresting two and seizing 150 plants, about $30,000 dollars in cash, and more.

The early-morning raid came in two simultaneous parts, with agents serving warrants at homes in Mountainaire and Parks. They found advanced marijuana-growing operations in both locations, including artificial lighting, progressive fertilizing systems and harvesting/packaging layouts. Agents seized about 150 growing plants and 13 pounds of packaged marijuana, more than 4 pounds of psychedelic mushrooms, and smaller amounts of LSD, Ecstasy and cocaine. Police gave the drugs a conservative estimated street value of about $135,000.

Agents also collected a large quantity of horticultural equipment and about $30,000 in cash.

Arrested were Scott R. Cheshire, 32, at the Mountainaire location, and Bradley A. Bergquist, 28, in Parks. Both men were booked into the Coconino County jail on charges of possession of marijuana for sale, cultivation of marijuana, possession of narcotic drugs, possession of dangerous drugs, and possession of drug paraphernalia.

The regional Northern Arizona Street Crimes Task Force (Metro) is comprised of officers from the Flagstaff Police Department, Department of Public Safety, and the Coconino County Sheriff's Office. Agents from the federal Drug Enforcement Agency assisted during the investigation, which police say has been ongoing since about the first of the year.

AZ sucks

Good Luck

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Get your attorney now, it will be much easier to do while your still out then it will be when and if they pick you up on a warrant.
Plus by talking to an attorney now you will have an idea of what your facing and this will give you piece of mind after you get picked up and are sitting in holding.
Nothing worse then sitting at jail with no one knowing you are there and no idea what's going to happen with your case.

Go talk to an Attorney NOW.
Next post from you should be you telling us what they said.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Plus I'd bounce from that apartment for now.
It always looks better if you turn yourself in on a warrant then getting picked up on one.
I've had cases where they came for me and I fled, resulting in a big ridiculous chase, but I got away, and turned myself in later, I was praised by the judge in court for doing so, no mention was made of the fact that I ran like crazy when they came.

Go hang with some friends until you know whats up, if they issue a warrant, you and your attorney can go in together, it will look so much better then if you just wait for them to come for you.

T

Tr33

You can have a judge quash the warrant if you turn yourself in. I did that myself, walked out with no lockup, charges dropped in court the next month after that episode.

dekab247

hi

hi

Pure,

I don't post much. I am more of a lurker, but have been busted before. Not for growing, just possesion. Yet I think I may have some advice to help. First f**k all the haters. Wether you screwed up, or it was someone else. You got in trouble for something that you shouldn't. Sorry your going thru this, and I hope the following helps. It is were I went wrong.

1. As everyone has said. Lawyer up...Very important, and the right advice, but also...Interview that lawyer. I got the wrong lawyer, and it f****d me up. I could have fought it. Illegal entry, and all. I have learned much since then. Don't admit to anything.

2. If you do end up probation, or court ordered testing for drugs. PISS CLEAN...and the people who are doing the testing. They are not your friends. They will try to talk to you like that, but politely decline, and ask to be tested so you can go.

I know not much, but I do hope it helps. Also if the need arises. PM me, and we can chat that way. I don't log on too often, but will make it a priority to check. If I can help I will try. Yet I stress what all have said. The LAWYER is a big deal. Just don't settle for a lawyer. Also if you do hire one and you don't like what he does. Don't hesitate to fire him. Listen to this is how it went with me, and lawyer. I should've known he was no good, but I was young, and dumb..

.....First thing I told lawyer was don't bring me any offers to narc. I figured I would have to narc on lifelong friends to get out. I knew their business, and quite a few others where I lived. Not only would I loose all my connections by narcing, but my friends, and some family. I couldn't live with myself either. So he is talking to me, and he says. I have to tell you this. Prosecutor wants to know some info etc. Basically wanting me to narc for reduced sentance etc...I told him no, and served a year on court supervision. Moral of the story here is. I should have fired him on the spot. Found a lawyer that would listen to me, and actually show up for court......

Best to you, and I hope it turns out well. Rem..LAWYER UP, and if under court supervison PISS CLEAN...Good luck friend...

Latest posts

Latest posts