What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BUSTED!!!!BIG TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbiedublu

Adventually everybody gets caught... You innocent until your investigated.. Everybody always says tell nobody bla bla bla. When you have a commercial grow you just cannot follow this rule.. You need distributers, middlemen, drivers, and laborers for the actual building. You always need fresh hands around, and a commercial grow is almost impossible to pull off yourself. Yes you should never tell anybody your growing weed, but you do need somebody to sell it.. Everybody gets caught adventually.. The key thing is that everybody does the minimal time and makes the most money in the shortest period of time.. Primary planning is to take care of all legal fees upfront.. Pay a retainer for you and your people and when shit like this happens everybody is taken care of. If all your guys know that they are covered on the legal end then that builds loyalty.. You simply cannot go into a commercial grow without already having an attorney paid on retainer.. This way when somebody does get arrested you already have an attorney to get them out. This will make your men more trustworthy and less likely to rat you out and cut a deal when they get pinched. Your probabily not going to do mmuch time.. Maby 6 months to a year. You will have a huge fine and a lengthy probationary term but you will be free.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Everyone does NOT get caught eventually. Think about what we know about this story. If he was not driving around with contraband in his car he would not have been busted. At least not on this occasion.
Another point, in what way would things have been worse had you made them get a warrant to search your house? You'd have a mess to clean up?

my brother in laws wife discovered the room one day when she was doing laundry at my house. Only 4 people knew of this including her. I never talked about it with her or let her know that i new she found it.

Amstel Light, wait a couple weeks and when I am officially charged, i'll post a link.

I took every precaution to conceal and keep private that I could, should have taken the shit apart when she found it.

T

TrichyTrichy

your brother in law would be your sister,no?
or truly good meds i'm smoking?

my brother in laws wife discovered the room one day when she was doing laundry at my house. Only 4 people knew of this including her. I never talked about it with her or let her know that i new she found it.

think in hindsight it would have been better to sit her down and judge her reaction to the find? could have given you ample opportunity to tear up and relocate the grow.

I know, dont matter much now...... dont think i would have been able to keep going with that sorta uncertainty tho.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Everyone does NOT get caught eventually. Think about what we know about this story. If he was not driving around with contraband in his car he would not have been busted. At least not on this occasion.
Another point, in what way would things have been worse had you made them get a warrant to search your house? You'd have a mess to clean up?

The traffic stop was to get me out and scare me into consenting to a search, I had stuff in my vehicle along with a gun. If I declined to consent the house search they would have brought a dog to search my vehicle, upon discovery of what was in my vehicle along with the grow information they already had, they would have been granted a search warrant. To avoid the gun upcharged, I consented to the search of my home and by doing that and cooperating fully in this investigation along with no criminal history I will qualify for a departure from the mandatory minimun sentencing under the safety valve statute. If I declined to cooperate I would not qualify for the safety valve.

think in hindsight it would have been better to sit her down and judge her reaction to the find? could have given you ample opportunity to tear up and relocate the grow.

I know, dont matter much now...... dont think i would have been able to keep going with that sorta uncertainty tho.

she wasn't hostile at the time, she became a bitch the last couple weeks while we were helping out my brother in law move in. she was trying to keep his kids from him and thought this would do the trick.

T

TrichyTrichy

LOL- on me.
That is bad kharma for that one. She has set a negative tidalwave coming ...
I hope that this goes as smoothly as poss. for you.

norcalkell

I'm so sorry this happened.. I my self just had the fuckin shit happen and I'm waiting for that letter to come in the mail. Iknow actually how and what are going through. Be strong!

ReeferRon

Now that you added the post about how she found out, I see it really was just a set of unfortunate circumstances, and could have happened to any of us. Sorry if I came off as judgmental, but my minds eye always sees the new grower paranoid over the most trivial things, then bragging to every Tom, Dick, and Harry about how they have the best weed on earth in their closet.

Anyways... Keep your head up.

H

h^2 O

fuck man if I knew i was facing at least 10 years in prison I would pack my shit the fuck up and get somewhere FAST. Switzerland, anywhere in central or south America, south pacific, Japan, India, Laos or something, Vatican City, Russia, Sweden...
10 years, 20 years, 30....that's your life man and you'll never get that back. I would be so gone. Maybe get into Canada then fly to Switzerland with some money and your favorite belongings. Could also get to a port city that has commercial ships going to France or Spain or Italy. Then hike it to Switzerland. That would be my plan. Have like $2,000 to pay a foreign captain to let you ride. Bring a big box of food along with your clothes and shit. I have this so planned out. There should be a website which links crooked foreign sea captains and pilots with pot refugees. I totally see myself riding a commercial ship to Italy and hiking over the Alps into freedom. I wish to truly defect to Switzerland.

fuck man if I knew i was facing at least 10 years in prison I would pack my shit the fuck up and get somewhere FAST. Switzerland, anywhere in central or south America, south pacific, Japan, India, Laos or something, Vatican City, Russia, Sweden...
10 years, 20 years, 30....that's your life man and you'll never get that back. I would be so gone. Maybe get into Canada then fly to Switzerland with some money and your favorite belongings. Could also get to a port city that has commercial ships going to France or Spain or Italy. Then hike it to Switzerland. That would be my plan. Have like $2,000 to pay a foreign captain to let you ride. Bring a big box of food along with your clothes and shit. I have this so planned out. There should be a website which links crooked foreign sea captains and pilots with pot refugees. I totally see myself riding a commercial ship to Italy and hiking over the Alps into freedom. I wish to truly defect to Switzerland.

thanks man, that is the only thing that has made me smile in days, pretty thought out. weird thing about federal sentencing is you get your punishment and then a date to report for jail time, plenty of time to skip town. wonder how many do that

LOL- on me.
That is bad kharma for that one. She has set a negative tidalwave coming ...
I hope that this goes as smoothly as poss. for you.

i could only hope she ends up in jail someday as a known snitch, i'll never even think of touching her, since I may be on probation at the time anyway.

dammn tats wild over 99 plants feds hope your atty can work something out hopefully you have no priors if under the over youd be looking at some probation but this is major

heretik

Good luck to you, brother! I hope things work out as best they can!

Personally, I would have packed things up when she discovered the grow, and certainly once all the divorce crap started. People tend to get ugly in those situations, no matter how cool they may seem, and especially when kids are involved. But hindsight is 20/20, and sadly there is no turning back of the clock. I'll be praying things work out for you, as it looks like you were just the victim in this thing and are paying the price for her issues with your brother-in-law.

Again, good luck to you! Hopefully you have a good attorney, and get a sympathetic judge, jury, and prosecuting attorney who won't try to screw you over when this plays out.

M

movingtocally

What type of person would do something like that to a family member over a plant. Ugh. Gross.

Society says she did the right thing, that's the fucked up part. She'll have support for "coming clean" about your dangerous endeavors.

Interesting how you answered the whole "never consent" crowd well. It's more complicated than just always exercising your right to refuse information. Sometimes it truly is better to cooperate.

EDIT: by cooperate I mean admit something in your possession, I do NOT mean NARC. Obviously, that's never OK.

hamstring

Veteran
I wish you and your family well. I hope things work out for you no one deserves this for growing a plant.
PEACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts