What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BUSTED!!!!BIG TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

del...

geeze bud, i'm sorry to hear...a similar deal happened to me with my half-n-half indoor-outdoor gardens on october 9th, 1999...so you can imagine what those outdoor ones looked like! the indoor was mostly a bro grimm seed crop of clones of their version of big bud and were only 14-18" tall...but some of the outdoor plants were those cali-o's from aeric (remember that guy? cool dude...!) and they were over 6' tall, along with others and some even taller!

you've got your lawyer, you're obviously out on bail, and they even left you some bits and pieces...it could be worse! it is a very disheartening and tense time but it will pass and if this is your 1st felony charge you ought to be able to walk on a misdemeanor with a couple years probation, depending on what state you're in. that much cash isn't a good thing but hopefully scales weren't found...$8K is a bit out of the ordinary for the sugar jar (house fund) but can be explained away easy enough by bringing up that bathroom rehab you were planning on doing...or maybe it was for a built-in hot tub?

anyways, best of luck and stay cool...it'll work out. if you need anything from us, just ask and we'll see what we can do...eh guys? (grrrls are included with guys in this circumstance)

take care...

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Notice you and Scarecrow both were busted a couple of weeks from harvest? Law enforcement waits for the best time to take you down(as much weight as possible). What that means is someone new about your hole operation and when you were harvesting. That's when they went for you. Please next time. don't tell anyone. That is the number one rule. Period.

My prayers will go out for you brother. Best of luck
Connoisseur300

del...

well, in my case it was a matter of catching my 16 year old next-door neighbor creeping around my backyard at 3am around oct 1st or so. i caught him, kinda sorta scared the shit out of him (no violence...just showed him what a 12ga. does to a bowling pin and we talked for 30 minutes or so)...then he went home and told his parents. a week later swat is at...errrr, IN my door and the rest is history. yes, major fuck up on my part but i honestly thought the neighbor kid and i had reached an agreement...oops, my bad...rule #1 was inadvertently broken and i should have known better and cleaned up my shit. sly and i were friends then and half the crop was his (that green giant) and neither one of us figured it would turn out that way.

my only advice would be...intuition should be taken seriously.

That sucks to hear bro, but that was seriously a no no :noway:. I wouldn't ever trust my life on some 16 year old (expletive). Hope everything goes well for you.

del...

mine was nearly 10 years ago...and it worked out as well as it could

now we have chris in a similar predicament (tg for built-in spell check!) and i was just trying to relate a little about my experience when it happened to me so he'll realize it's not the end of the world and we'll do whatever we can to ease his pain. right now he needs some good friends around him, for support if nothing else...and this is a good place for it!

I make some big mistakes with this whole issue being caught, I was pulled over by a sheriff entering my sub-division and then unmarked vans started flying in. The head investigator spoke with me and said that they new my son was home at the time and that if I didn't want them to go kick my door in and destroy my house I would need to sign a consent to search and cooperate with everything. I didn't tell them to fuck off without a warrant because of the 20 grams of hash and my glock that was in my vehicle, If I got caught with the gun even though I was 100% legal to carry it and the hash I would have been royaly fucked, now I am just super fucked, and they would have obtained a warrant anyway after that. So I was basicly choosing the battle I wanted to have. Hopefully my lawyer has a good relationship with whatever US attorney I end up with. I should qualify for the federal safety valve for a reduction in sentencing.

I make some big mistakes with this whole issue being caught, I was pulled over by a sheriff entering my sub-division and then unmarked vans started flying in. The head investigator spoke with me and said that they new my son was home at the time and that if I didn't want them to go kick my door in and destroy my house I would need to sign a consent to search and cooperate with everything. I didn't tell them to fuck off without a warrant because of the 20 grams of hash and my glock that was in my vehicle, If I got caught with the gun even though I was 100% legal to carry it and the hash I would have been royaly fucked, now I am just super fucked, and they would have obtained a warrant anyway after that. So I was basicly choosing the battle I wanted to have. Hopefully my lawyer has a good relationship with whatever US attorney I end up with. I should qualify for the federal safety valve for a reduction in sentencing.

Iam really sorry for u, Having a family is very tuff and I hope it all works out. BTW, what is a federal safety valve?
:joint:

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Sounds like a lot of the story is still MIA.

Schlossi

Hey Del.. You are so full of it man you about to bust.

Hey Del.. You are so full of it man you about to bust.

.a similar deal happened to me with my half-n-half indoor-outdoor gardens on october 9th, 1999.. well, in my case it was a matter of catching my 16 year old next-door neighbor creeping around my backyard at 3am around oct 1st or so. i caught him, kinda sorta scared the shit out of him (no violence...just showed him what a 12ga. does to a bowling pin and we talked for 30 minutes or so)...then he went home and told his parents. a week later swat is at...errrr, IN my door and the rest is history. yes, major fuck up on my part but i honestly thought the neighbor kid and i had reached an agreement...oops, my bad...rule #1 was inadvertently broken and i should have known better and cleaned up my shit. sly and i were friends then and half the crop was his (that green giant) and neither one of us figured it would turn out that way.

No one I mean No one quotes down their arrest date and public airing on international Pot forums. Cmon Del get real D!ckhe4d.

Sucks for you but you asked for it. We all know the risks associated with growing before we get into it. If you were truly being smart about your grow op, you would of been using a generator so that there is no way they can detect anything from looking at an electric bill.

If you grow smart there shouldn't ever be any problems. Pre-planning and common sense is the key.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Sucks for you but you asked for it. We all know the risks associated with growing before we get into it. If you were truly being smart about your grow op, you would of been using a generator so that there is no way they can detect anything from looking at an electric bill.

If you grow smart there shouldn't ever be any problems. Pre-planning and common sense is the key.

Generators are great but rise even more suspicion in the city... Cant run them

79towncar

Adventually everybody gets caught... You innocent until your investigated.. Everybody always says tell nobody bla bla bla. When you have a commercial grow you just cannot follow this rule.. You need distributers, middlemen, drivers, and laborers for the actual building. You always need fresh hands around, and a commercial grow is almost impossible to pull off yourself. Yes you should never tell anybody your growing weed, but you do need somebody to sell it.. Everybody gets caught adventually.. The key thing is that everybody does the minimal time and makes the most money in the shortest period of time.. Primary planning is to take care of all legal fees upfront.. Pay a retainer for you and your people and when shit like this happens everybody is taken care of. If all your guys know that they are covered on the legal end then that builds loyalty.. You simply cannot go into a commercial grow without already having an attorney paid on retainer.. This way when somebody does get arrested you already have an attorney to get them out. This will make your men more trustworthy and less likely to rat you out and cut a deal when they get pinched. Your probabily not going to do mmuch time.. Maby 6 months to a year. You will have a huge fine and a lengthy probationary term but you will be free.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
well, in my case it was a matter of catching my 16 year old next-door neighbor creeping around my backyard at 3am around oct 1st or so. i caught him, kinda sorta scared the shit out of him (no violence...just showed him what a 12ga. does to a bowling pin and we talked for 30 minutes or so)...then he went home and told his parents. a week later swat is at...errrr, IN my door and the rest is history. yes, major fuck up on my part but i honestly thought the neighbor kid and i had reached an agreement...oops, my bad...rule #1 was inadvertently broken and i should have known better and cleaned up my shit. sly and i were friends then and half the crop was his (that green giant) and neither one of us figured it would turn out that way.

was your garden outside???

got a certified package from the county I live in stating that they were releasing my siezed money to the DEA since they are adopting the case.. I read through the docs and there were a number of untrue statements that the detectives said that I made. One statement was that I was buying and selling marijuana growing equipment internationally, what kind of shit is that. The state charge that they were doing was money laundering, but not persuing since the evidence was turned over to the feds. After reading the docs the cause of the investigation was due to an informant that knew I had a large amount of marijuana growing in my basement, the only person other than the need to know that knew was my brother in laws wife (he's a cop by the way), they are going through a huge divorce and he is moving in. I now know the informant, but am keeping my cool.

The federal safety valve is a statute that allows the US Attorney and the Judge to implement a sentence lower than the mandatory minimum.

ReeferRon

Sounds like another classic case of loose lips sinking the ship.

I mean come on bro, Your cop brother in-laws wife knew you had a large amount of marijuana growing in your basement? And your surprised you got pinched.

Instead of saying to yourself, "well it happens to everybody". You should look at the OBVIOUS mistakes made and blame them instead.

Then the mistakes could also be lessons. As it is now I fear there still just really bad decisions made by someone new to the game, and now basically side lined because of them.

Quiet is kept man. Rule #1.:wallbash:

M

movingtocally

Lots of tards posting in this thread, and lots of dicks as well. This dude is facing time and instead of wishing him well, some of you schmucks are telling him what a dummy he is.:fsu:

Real talk-if you're going to move weight, people need to know. Further, most of us have a family, or a roommate at the minimum. if you grow and your wife/roomy doesn't know, you're just an asshole, because it's their ass too if you get caught. So "rule number one" basically only applies to social weirdo's and loners-nobody else can follow it.

Moreover, there are a plethora of things that can and do go wrong through no fault of your own in grow operation. Just because somebody got nailed doesn't mean they fucked up. I speak with no bitterness, as i've never been popped. Just being real.

Good luck OP. You've got friends here. If you need to vent, vent. And don't forget about the country "above" us if it gets ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts