What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted at Gunpoint, beware LA county!

darko_G

truew say i would probably have done the same to be honest... would it not be an idea to find members for a collective on facebook? that way you can spend time conversing for a bit.. learn their ailments.. bit of history ect ect jus an idea........ feelin for ya bro are you in a state where they consider any rooted plant as a lb of processed pot?

im not in america so aint v clued up on the ins and outs

Raphael

truew say i would probably have done the same to be honest... would it not be an idea to find members for a collective on facebook? that way you can spend time conversing for a bit.. learn their ailments.. bit of history ect ect jus an idea........ feelin for ya bro are you in a state where they consider any rooted plant as a lb of processed pot?

im not in america so aint v clued up on the ins and outs

It would be a good way to meet people if you already knew for sure they were not the police. However, in California police routinely use Facebook, Weedtracker, *********, etc. to con people into doing deals with them and then arresting them on the spot.

Thanks for the warm wishes brother; the official report said that my crime was for 12g or maybe 21g of marijuana (it was 10 clones 6" or so high) The official charge was transportation, possession, and sales. I got it changed to maintaining a grow house which got me a Wobbler that saved me from becoming a felon for life (hopefully).

Be safe!

bussibud

I am sorry this is some fucked up shit for sure. Cops were probably breaking in the rookie or something. Don't get all the veterans wrong some of them are back home fighting those pig fuckers blowing the more smoke in their face then anyone.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
and fuck me for being so naive...

Well, let's not get carried away. Still, let's remember the golden rule: Never give out your personal info and if anyone asks, just say no. If we can't keep our own mouths shut, we have no reason to believe the ones we blab to will.

Raphael

Pretty good, can't lie. Got a degree and a job, recently a house. Have a small office area where I'm going to put a 5 x 5 tent. Keeping it personal medical.

A rec & ID is nothing without a legally organized mutual benefit corp and a signed membership agreement to that non profit. Anyway our laws just changed so idk what would happen to you now.

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
I recently moved to LA county and brought with me a dozen or so clones.

Wanting to start a collective in order to be able to start my grow, I posted an ad on Craigslist saying I had some extra clones if someone was interested. Prior to living in LA this enabled me to find 5 or so repeat patients that would lend me gear to use in trade for some herb, clones, etc.

Within two hours of posting the first ad to CL I got a response from someone named Anne and she had horrible grammar! Turns out this should have been my first warning. The pigs think that MJ patients are no different than illiterate crackheads and so use improper spelling and grammar to better "relate" to the "drug dealers."

Being new to the area I asked her if she would mind coming to my house over the phone. She declined and told me to meet her at a specific location. This should have been my second warning! She selected the cutoff point between two courthouses which enabled the arresting officer to send me to San Fernando Valley court which is notoriously hard on narcotics offenses as opposed to Van Nuys which has taken a more progressive stance and hasn't quite sucked COOLEY's dick quite as much as SFValley.

I met her in a parking lot. She approached the passenger's window and declined to get in when asked. I asked to see her recommendation and it was expired. I told her this and she assured me she already renewed it, and that she had brought the wrong one from home. She said she was in a rush and could not discuss anything else. She handed me the $60 and she left. Not thirty seconds later I had a 9mm in my face and I was arrested for sales and transportation.

I spent 5 days in LA county before seeing the judge and getting bail reduced from 30,000 to 10,000.

My girl is amazing and paid for the best lawyer for these cases...he has helped draft MMJ law as well as represented many "high" profile clients. I have never gotten a speeding ticket, never been arrested, never been charged with a misdemeanor...my record was completely clean. I have a current recommendation and have had one for four years now. I was a member of a couple collectives in Norcal with documentation and everything. I was not making a profit. I am an Economics and Accounting major and could show my expense reports proving that $6 per clone in LA was just meeting my expenses and definitely not making a profit...like they care or could even understand basic accounting principles...

I just started school again and was looking at a charge of 2 years in county and a felony. With the lawyer that cost around $5000 (didn't even go to trial) the DA wanted 90 days and a felony plea. Luckily my lawyer got the charges changed to maintaining a grow house and got me a wobbler which is 18 mos probation and 45 days Cal Trans work and after I complete that the felony is dropped to a misdemeanor and then I can apply to have it expunged.

I was using CL for over 1 year in Norcal with no issues. I realize that had I consulted a lawyer before posting I could have avoided this shit storm but honestly thought I was doing everything on the up and up. Otherwise...why would I post on fucking CL??

I am tested monthly now for the next 18 mos. My lawyer fought with the judge to try and enable me to use herb for anxiety, agoraphobia, and a sleep aid citing my previous prescriptions to pills and my doctor agreeing they were not beneficial as the side effects were interfering with my work and school. The judge pretty much laughed in my face and said that Ambien, Xanax, Valium are BETTER SUBSTITUTES than MJ. I told the judge how they were addictive and explained how for some reason xanax makes me super aggressive but he said I would have to bring a doctor into a hearing in order for me to be able to medicate. WHAT IS THE POINT OF GETTING A RECOMMENDATION IF I STILL HAVE TO BRING A DOCTOR INTO COURT

Anyways...fuck Steve Cooley, fuck San Fernando Valley court, fuck Anne, fuck Ortega, fuck the police, and fuck me for being so naive...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ld5LDjigsI

why did you take an expired rec? this isn't nor cal cold setups down here

St. Phatty

Sucks bro we are in a war right now with the government and they will do everything they can and legally cannot do if they dont get in trouble for doing it... We are no longer in the land of the free where you innocent until proven guilty.. you are guilty till proven innocent... are government is fucked they can all go to hell...

It's a terrible truth, yet it needs to be told.

I think of the US as being in a state of Civil War. It sounds absurd, but I get so many news articles about excessive use of force (AKA Tasing Grandma), it makes the point every fvcking day.

If you want to tell them what you think of their BS, perhaps go to

http://300blktalk.com

and you will hear cops talking about "how tough their job is".

(It's a website for a particular caliber of rifle, sort of like a 44 Magnum with an extra handle, known as 300 blackout.)

Latest posts

Latest posts