What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bushweed's Wollumbin Highland Grow 2010/11

bushweed

Veteran
Update

Update

So took a few shots a couple of weeks ago before the latest downpour (still going). At a little over three months the largest of four Nimbin Purple seedlings is now the smallest, but still my favourite. Has some strong secondary branching which is reminiscent of 20'Thai/Kog/MullumMadman's OMS but who knows?:
picture.php

All the Nimbin Purples went female:). Of the Mullum Madness Widows, the largest of the seedlings went male and this, the third one in line is currently above 7 foot:
picture.php

I'll update more the next time I get some sunny shots. Of 20 seedlings, I have 15 females, 3 males and 2 yet to show.

L

luvaduck

Hope you do get some sun, and some dry weather early 2011. I miss those mountains. Go large brother. I'll be tuned in.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
dammmmmmmmm i have been waiting for this update for ages :)

Doing us aussies proud brother :)

keep safe

benjuanman

Veteran
luv the beautiful scenery man n ur plants r lookin sweet. u could use those mountain pics for tourism Australia or sumthin!!

ahortator

Veteran
Hello

Bushweed, thank you for the pics of your beautiful home and your lovely plants.

I think that wonderful and magical sorrounding location make the plants growing the best.

I saw in the news that there are big floods in NSW now. I hope that all of you feel well.

Best regards.

bushweed

Veteran
Hey thanks for the response guys. I'll definitely be back in soon with some more shots:)

bushweed

Veteran
More shots from a couple of weeks back. I put in 5 Mango haze, 2 males and 3 females. The largest from the original batch of seedlings is a good looking girl with red pistils and some real sativa structure:
picture.php

This is one of the later germinated ones - a couple of months old:
picture.php

Kangativa's Mendo Girl (skunk x haze) also 2 months old, but around 6 foot and long side branching now:)
picture.php

Mendo Girl x Mullum Madness - beautiful structured plant
picture.php

More Nimbin Purple sativas all 2 months old, but the third (smaller one) was put in the ground a month later. The second one is the only one without purple stems:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is a Mullum Madness x mystery sativa - either Sumatran, Mullum Madness, Oaxacan, Thai, or Haze.
picture.php

Hopefully get some more snaps if the sun shines tomorrow.

bushweed

Veteran
First sun in weeks, tops got a bit burnt, but they'll survive. Mango Haze:

picture.php

Mullum Mad Widow:
picture.php

picture.php

Mendo Girl
picture.php

very nice Bushweed, looking good..... Mine here are starting to flower, the cheese x i have in my garden, it's only 5 foot high, going to bend it over on the weekend so the neighbours dont see it. Beautiful plants mate, miss growing the big trees.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey bushy ,, great job of staking those girls up , looks pretty secure ...
Looks like youll be on the hands and knees weeding like i have been for months now soon ... watch out for them kangeroos while your in that position ,, hehehe ..

were you intent on doing some inner pruning to allow more airflow and give more energy to the more productive parts???

bushweed

Veteran
Hi guys, a couple of makeshift stakes there:) need to do more work in that dept. Would love to do some netting or fencing for stability, but a bit too much hard work. If I can get some more stakes like the MMWW has (2 x 6 foot star pickets welded together) I'll feel more secure:) Tell me about the inner pruning Wal, its a technique I'm unfamiliar with.

bushweed

Veteran
Nimbin Purple sativa:
picture.php

Mullum Mad Mendo Girl#2
picture.php

Mullum Mad Mendo Girl#1
picture.php

Nimbin Purple#3
picture.php

Nimbin Purple#4
picture.php

Mullum Madness x mystery sativa
picture.php

Mendo Girl
picture.php

Mango Haze
picture.php

Mullum Widow
picture.php

Gallery
picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi guys, a couple of makeshift stakes there:) need to do more work in that dept. Would love to do some netting or fencing for stability, but a bit too much hard work. If I can get some more stakes like the MMWW has (2 x 6 foot star pickets welded together) I'll feel more secure:) Tell me about the inner pruning Wal, its a technique I'm unfamiliar with.

i just clean up all the useless branching and leaf close to the stalk and along the first foot or so of all the branches lower down , it makes for better ventilation and allows more energy to the most productive parts ,, those little branches dont give much ...
come monsoon time of year i often cut a third off the plant ,, open it right up and give it a good clean , less is more where that is concerned ,, by cutting a third of the plant away i actually will yeild as much or maybe more due to not loosing any to mould and the larger buds are more developed due to getting more energy usually lost to useless branching and excessive leaf ...

ahortator

Veteran
Hello :tiphat:

I have been watching the thread and I see that your mountain landscape resembles a bit some of my home.

8660779.jpg

1085690.jpg

11629561.jpg

25782121.jpg

1737412.jpg

1737392.jpg

There are a few big diferences. The main one is that my home is on the other side of the world :bump: LOL

Your plants look very healthy and actually beautiful. I love the pics of the Mullum Madness X Mistery Sativa and the Nimbim Purple Sativa. Nice wonderful plants with very good branching.

Best regards

bushweed

Veteran
Hey Donald thanks mate, when I have some time I'll do some of that trimming you suggested:tiphat: Great to get advice from one of the masters.

@ahortator - beautiful place mate, can you tell us what country are you in?

We had a beautiful sunset today:
picture.php