What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bush Weed Seeds

TheDarkStorm

Yeah, that's not correct (the bold part.)
Wondering how much other stuff you say with so much certainty like you were there, just isn't true.
How do you know that is not true. Beans who made the seeds said they were open pollinations. The gentics them selves show they are a open pollination and have multiple phenotypes going back to the parents. Or are you saying they are f1. How is what im saying not true. Back up what you say. I was able to tell the difference between certain plant lines and the traits they were passing on while you made out I didnt know what I was on about. I actually grew some of those plants aswel, did you ? Im not sure what is going on here but its its weird when posts and comments that help the community that are bassed on truth and posts validating that regarding certain people's genetics are being deleted yet posts ridiculing people who put those things up are being left up. I read this thread back and I seen how it would look to someone new wanting to learn about these genetics....its made to look like im off my head and chat bs...
Now what you was saying proved to be false....not just onece on a few things..maybe you can prove to be right......also concering what I say...lets see you show me were else ive put up stuff all over that wasnt true.....do you know how many of my posts have been edited and deleted...posts that arnt offensive...that would definitely benefit people knowing but got deleted...

Last edited:

Sub24ox7

I’m chucking playing around with mm x oss and mm x thia78 and I love the terps that come out of crossing either of the above with other varieties.
Revegetating and got new starts going with line madness f2s and mm x oss Wherr I went another f gen further. Probably at least F3 now.
B1C2CB31-FB45-4E09-830F-5819CBFB8753.jpeg

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey @flower~power do you know what this one is from your post? Looks a lot like one of my destroyer phenos - it is odd as it is taking longer than the “Thai/Sativa/tall” phenos
View attachment 18822243
haven’t a clue & just fell in love with the pictures while they were available it’s interesting because there was never an official thread they were Tucktaway in a surreptitious part of the old server

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Not sure about all the photos, but many appear in this thread.

Raho

Veteran
How do you know that is not true. Beans who made the seeds said they were open pollinations. The gentics them selves show they are a open pollination and have multiple phenotypes going back to the parents. Or are you saying they are f1. How is what im saying not true. Back up what you say. I was able to tell the difference between certain plant lines and the traits they were passing on while you made out I didnt know what I was on about. I actually grew some of those plants aswel, did you ? Im not sure what is going on here but its its weird when posts and comments that help the community that are bassed on truth and posts validating that regarding certain people's genetics are being deleted yet posts ridiculing people who put those things up are being left up. I read this thread back and I seen how it would look to someone new wanting to learn about these genetics....its made to look like im off my head and chat bs...
Now what you was saying proved to be false....not just onece on a few things..maybe you can prove to be right......also concering what I say...lets see you show me were else ive put up stuff all over that wasnt true.....do you know how many of my posts have been edited and deleted...posts that arnt offensive...that would definitely benefit people knowing but got deleted...
Beanz almost always did 1:1 mating. He did 1:1 mating with that line (MM78) I know for sure.
I was communicating with Beanz throughout that grow.
I may have more detail about what was done than the generalization he seems to have given you.

Given the number of people that hounded him for seeds, that makes sense that he would generalize.

As far as "Beans who made the seeds said they were open pollinations."
Where did Beanz say that where you read it? Pretty sure he had left this site before he did that project.

As far as your comments identifying one strain from another based on leaf traits, I usually don't get involved on posts like that because people are so damn vague about that they say they see that it is basically pointless to question it.

TDS looks at the sky:
"Hey Raho! That cloud looks just like Abraham Lincoln!"
You damn right it does. What do I care?

Your description of traits you observed growing the MM78 seeds which you provide as evidence of why the seeds must be "open pollination".
Those description of traits sound like F1 to me.
The seeds in question here are F2 at LEAST. Open pollination or not.

You are suggesting that the plants would not segregate into gross phenotypes reflecting dominant parent traits like you say they are (?) if they were F2 or >.
Well, the credibility of that statement depends on your ability to recognize the traits of the 2 parents.
It is certainly possible through selection to make F2+ generations that can behave like F1s.
If you want to know how, ask Shanti. He's been doing it for almost 20 years.

My own experience with Kanga's big mullum has left me with a few specific traits which I use successfuly as markers for selection of those phenos, so I believe yes I can identify Kanga's Big Mullum.
The Mullum line is obviously worked because her traits will persist and be identifiable through multiple F-generations and outcrosses.
Of course, that was working with gear from the RIMMEO seeds.
BEFORE Nevil split and continued working lines on his own, leading to things like MM78.

No idea what so ever if what Nevil called called "Big Mullum" in the MM78 was Kanga's original cut, or his own selection of something downstream. Unknowable.
But, Kanga's Big Mullum is pretty "knowable". To me anyway.

What is your experience that allows you to identify Kanga's Big Mullum in a hybrid?
Are you saying that Hempy's Thai78 is "knowable" to you also?
How do draw the line on what comes from which (presumably similar) parent when you have never had either parent by itself before?

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure about all the photos, but many appear in this thread.
Nice score.. 🙏 thanks

TheDarkStorm

Beanz almost always did 1:1 mating. He did 1:1 mating with that line (MM78) I know for sure.
I was communicating with Beanz throughout that grow.
I may have more detail about what was done than the generalization he seems to have given you.

Given the number of people that hounded him for seeds, that makes sense that he would generalize.

As far as "Beans who made the seeds said they were open pollinations."
Where did Beanz say that where you read it? Pretty sure he had left this site before he did that project.

As far as your comments identifying one strain from another based on leaf traits, I usually don't get involved on posts like that because people are so damn vague about that they say they see that it is basically pointless to question it.

TDS looks at the sky:
"Hey Raho! That cloud looks just like Abraham Lincoln!"
You damn right it does. What do I care?

Your description of traits you observed growing the MM78 seeds which you provide as evidence of why the seeds must be "open pollination".
Those description of traits sound like F1 to me.
The seeds in question here are F2 at LEAST. Open pollination or not.

You are suggesting that the plants would not segregate into gross phenotypes reflecting dominant parent traits like you say they are (?) if they were F2 or >.
Well, the credibility of that statement depends on your ability to recognize the traits of the 2 parents.
It is certainly possible through selection to make F2+ generations that can behave like F1s.
If you want to know how, ask Shanti. He's been doing it for almost 20 years.

My own experience with Kanga's big mullum has left me with a few specific traits which I use successfuly as markers for selection of those phenos, so I believe yes I can identify Kanga's Big Mullum.
The Mullum line is obviously worked because her traits will persist and be identifiable through multiple F-generations and outcrosses.
Of course, that was working with gear from the RIMMEO seeds.
BEFORE Nevil split and continued working lines on his own, leading to things like MM78.

No idea what so ever if what Nevil called called "Big Mullum" in the MM78 was Kanga's original cut, or his own selection of something downstream. Unknowable.
But, Kanga's Big Mullum is pretty "knowable". To me anyway.

What is your experience that allows you to identify Kanga's Big Mullum in a hybrid?
Are you saying that Hempy's Thai78 is "knowable" to you also?
How do draw the line on what comes from which (presumably similar) parent when you have never had either parent by itself before?
Dude ...some of kangas was mixed with other stuff....I checked his out....some had oaxaca in and it seeme like some had other things in.....so yeah I checked it with my own eyes and grew them myself......I also had a different line of mullum...more bluish and more haze type smelling and something I recognize in the background of dj's blue lines seemed to be in it....I lost that.....anyway il message after in regards to thee rest...although bushys pure 78 pictures say alot .

Last edited:

blondie

And now for something completely different. Snapped these last night. 6 1/2 weeks from flip. Mm x hz 21 .

What do the generics look like to anyone? Haze leaning?

Attachments

• 397B8F91-2FAF-4752-8025-9572AFAE81AF.jpeg
    397B8F91-2FAF-4752-8025-9572AFAE81AF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • 0AF54735-EF6C-49D7-AF3B-14862212D750.jpeg
    0AF54735-EF6C-49D7-AF3B-14862212D750.jpeg
    868.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 77E3EB6D-91B2-4869-83E7-128126AA8ECE.jpeg
    77E3EB6D-91B2-4869-83E7-128126AA8ECE.jpeg
    791.6 KB · Views: 48

romanoweed

ah now, i see its edited, was that you darkstorm? ah not important for me. but, yeah..
Overall i dont understand what its all about with this Thai78 topic anyway..

blondie

Is it me or do my leaves look quite a bit thinner than those in dark storms early mulum post 1511 a few back? Pistils on mine are slightly browning now which makes me think early finisher.

F2F

Early mullum....different leaf shape,serations, leaf size, leaf blades, deaper veins on the leaves....and different plant structure.....seems to be very vigorous...
View attachment 18822894
Yeah. agree quite different from your pic which looks nothing like the one FP posted.

Just a guess based purely on plant structure and leaf shape, which is pheno dependent. Bushy labeled that pic early mullum with “crazy Thai leaf blades”. Which surely narrowed more by late flower.

Never grown mullum pure , only F1 and F2 crosses. Yet here I am debating lineage of a plant grown by someone else, thousands of miles away, years ago, all based on a couple pictures. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Peace
F2F

F2F

Is it me or do my leaves look quite a bit thinner than those in dark storms early mulum post 1511 a few back? Pistils on mine are slightly browning now which makes me think early finisher.
I’d say yes, but you have totally different genetics at play. TDS posted a pure mullum (I believe), yours are crossed with a haze hybrid, and if from BW likely F2 which opens all kinds of possibilities.

Are yours from bush weed, Blondie? Be happy you’ve got a little more NLD expression. Not always, but often better smoke.

Peace
F2F

Raho

Veteran
Early mullum....different leaf shape,serations, leaf size, leaf blades, deaper veins on the leaves....and different plant structure.....seems to be very vigorous...
OK, you are pointing at someone else's picture of someone else's grow in another country and telling me that you know the line it came from because you see things in THIS picture?
thedarkstorm says this is early mullum_0.jpg

Let me see what you are offering as useful for identification:

different
  • leaf shape
  • serations
  • leaf size
  • leaf blades
deaper veins on the leaves​
different plant structure​
seems to be very vigorous.​

Seems to me that all I have to do to take advantage of the lesson of your example in any group of plants is:
Select the "different" phenos, identified by being "not like the others" in regards to their leaf shape, serrations, leaf size, and certainly the number of leaf blades.
I should also make sure that the plant structure is "different."
If I find that one in a thousand plant that has that much different-ness about it, and also "seems to be very vigorous" I can rest assured, the plant I am seeing is . . . Early Mullum.

All sarcasm aside, I hope you can see that your descriptions are completely subjective, and make reference to some external entity that is never identified. "Different FROM . . . what?" Deeper than WHAT?

Using Early Mullum Madness (EMM) as your example was a really bad choice.
And the pic you chose to represent it doesn't even show any of the Early Mullum leaf traits or morphology. Your pic looks like a generic MNS haze. Mango maybe?
I'm trying to decide if you are just testing me here with that as an example, before I dig around for a pic of an early mullum that makes my point easily. But I've already spent too much time of this today.

Back when the Grail project was underway, I chatted a LOT with Kanga about Early Mullum. He was VERY excited about what he was finding in it among the first off-season plants.
It's completely different line from his mullum. From "a friend who had kept it and worked it for years" he told me.
Other people close to him speculated it was a hybrid. I suspected he might have created the hybrid himself as a candidate to meet some of Nev's breeding goals, but chasing that theory would be pointless.

EMM was used as one of the first attempts to speed up the finish of Nev21 in an almost totally sativa, "thai-influenced" hybrid package.
In F1's it was a flop. Weak potency. Boring effect.

The Early Mullum seemed to disappear in the F1s, resulting in SSH looking flowers. (Early Mullum looking phenos WOULD appear in F2s and outcrosses though, along with the expected potency missing in the F1s..)

I suspected something in the Nev21 was not mixing well with others. The Nev21 smoke reports of 7 hour highs of complete sativa freak-outs were too enticing to not try and keep breeding with her.

Apparently Nev suspect that as well as he started using it as a reversed male to improve the odds of good crosses by ensuring the outcross parent was a proven winner. I guess he started to get better results with the fem#21's crossed with MM though, as I have seen nothing but positive reports on those.

Last edited: