What's new

Bush Weed Seeds

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I disagree with the supposed colombianity of MM. I understand a lot of surfers exchanged stuff in Byron Bay. They exchanged californian weed. In california anything thin leaf is called "lumbo". These are strains picked and collected in Columbia street, in the intersection with Metro Goldwyn Mayer street and paramount Pictures street. Hollywood weed and Hollywood tales and stories. Thin leaf weed adapted to latitude 37-40 north.
South America is a disaster. Nothing survived in the canna world from the genetics of old and if something is alive, when you ask for it you will only get Hempy style answers when asked for his Thai. What the cartels smuggle is cocain, not weed. The same brick is worth 10 times more, it doesnt make any sense when people say so easyly and freely it is colombian weed of old. South American weed is lost
If any of those Byron Bay surfers would have put their asses in Colombia in the 80s, they would have turned those asses into schnitzels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_conflict

Have a nice day everyone and enjoy life
Sorry for quoting just this bit of your post. I do not know if Colombian is part of Mullumbimby Madness or not. However in Sydney, Australia, we used to get what was called Colombian compressed in 1978, likely before that too, but that is around when I first started. It was shipped across the Pacific via islands such as Vanuatu. I actually have seeds from Vanuatu that are supposed from this (labelled Mangobiche, but from VAnuatu), but am yet to grow. Cocaine is smuggled on the same routes today and there significant drug issues in many island communities as a result. Australia had very high cannabis prices in the 70s and 80s and much was imported back then until home grown really took over.
So, I am not saying Colombian is in MM, just that it would not surprise me at all if it was.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...afficking-boom

Sub24ox7

Mm x thai78
DCAC70C7-28AC-4346-91AC-9459F6D7FBF0.jpeg

funkyhorse

One of the big boy males was a pest attractor and I didnt use him. Not that the others were pest free and didnt call pests but that one took all of the pests out with him. Once these guys were out of the indoor boy room, pests got reduced big time and it is manageable now
No intersex issues at all, either indoors or outdoors for both boys and girls

On group picture it is 1 to 4 from right to left
Girl 1 makes a non leafy resinous top shots and buds. No mold issues so far for her

Girl 2 is leafy and non resinous at this point, the only resin is coming from the seed she is making. It will interesting to test the resinous girls against her and see which ones are most potent. It is a consensus that resinous girls are better quality. This girl is the biggest. No resin and no mold issues at all so far

Girl 3 is a PM disaster but so far buds are not affected too much.

Girl 4 is the shortest and she has a little PM. In my environment one of the Zamal girls is making some PM too and all Durbans boys and girls make powdery mildew here

Happy Easter everybody

Attachments

• Nh21 x MM girls.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM girls.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Nh21 x MM 1 top shot.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 1 top shot.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Nh21 x MM 1.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 1.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Nh21 x MM 2 top shot.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 2 top shot.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Nh21 x MM 2.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 2.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Nh21 x MM 3.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 3.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Nh21 x MM 3 (2).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 3 (2).jpeg
    168 KB · Views: 61
  • Nh21 x MM 4 top shot.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 4 top shot.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Nh21 x MM 4.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 4.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 52

Raho

Veteran
Sorry for quoting just this bit of your post. I do not know if Colombian is part of Mullumbimby Madness or not. However in Sydney, Australia, we used to get what was called Colombian compressed in 1978, likely before that too, but that is around when I first started. It was shipped across the Pacific via islands such as Vanuatu. I actually have seeds from Vanuatu that are supposed from this (labelled Mangobiche, but from VAnuatu), but am yet to grow. Cocaine is smuggled on the same routes today and there significant drug issues in many island communities as a result. Australia had very high cannabis prices in the 70s and 80s and much was imported back then until home grown really took over.
So, I am not saying Colombian is in MM, just that it would not surprise me at all if it was.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...afficking-boom
What we are all calling Mullum today is Kanga's Mullum. There were other "Mullum's" but in today's international canna community, Kanga's is the one that made it into Nevil's hands. Kanga's is the one that made it around the world widely. Kanga's is the subject oif this thread.
Could there have been colombian weed, seed and plants in Mullumbimby in the 70s and 80s? Sure. Could those genetics have made their way into lines that passed with a label bearing the name of the town? Why not?

But Kanga's mullum was described by him as being a clear, dominant ancestor of the Thai's that they used to recieve from Thailand and grow down there in Aus. In many ways it was coinsidered a preservation of those Thai genetics from the golden age of Thai Sticks, while things labelled "Thai" these days so often bear little resemblance to the product it is named after.

As a person with deep experience smoking imported Colombo in the 70s and 80s, and growing the seeds, I like to think I can recognize a range of Colombian tastes and effects when they are found at any significant levels in hybrids. I also have experience growing 70's Thai in the US and have similar success in recognizing those traits today. My own experience with MS5 and MM78 support Kanga and Bushy's opinion that Kanga's Mullum is Thai dominant in effects and tastes. That plant growth certainly supports it as well.

Again, not saying there might not be colombian in the mix somewhere, but old classic Thai traits dominate the line and are a big part of what makes it so special to us today as breeders and consumers.

In the case of Kanga's Mullum x Hempy's Thai, I describe that as a "Like x Like" mating, seeking to reinforce common traits while adding a bit of diversity to the pool. I'm sure Nevil saw it similarly.
This is contrasted with a true F1 hybrid which crosses 2 stable lines with divergent traits, seeking to find something different from both parents. A combination of dominant traits from each line.

Glad to see people still passionate and experimenting with this work more than 10 years after the "Grail Hunt" began.

Wuachuma

What we are all calling Mullum today is Kanga's Mullum. There were other "Mullum's" but in today's international canna community, Kanga's is the one that made it into Nevil's hands. Kanga's is the one that made it around the world widely. Kanga's is the subject oif this thread.
Could there have been colombian weed, seed and plants in Mullumbimby in the 70s and 80s? Sure. Could those genetics have made their way into lines that passed with a label bearing the name of the town? Why not?

But Kanga's mullum was described by him as being a clear, dominant ancestor of the Thai's that they used to recieve from Thailand and grow down there in Aus. In many ways it was coinsidered a preservation of those Thai genetics from the golden age of Thai Sticks, while things labelled "Thai" these days so often bear little resemblance to the product it is named after.

As a person with deep experience smoking imported Colombo in the 70s and 80s, and growing the seeds, I like to think I can recognize a range of Colombian tastes and effects when they are found at any significant levels in hybrids. I also have experience growing 70's Thai in the US and have similar success in recognizing those traits today. My own experience with MS5 and MM78 support Kanga and Bushy's opinion that Kanga's Mullum is Thai dominant in effects and tastes. That plant growth certainly supports it as well.

Again, not saying there might not be colombian in the mix somewhere, but old classic Thai traits dominate the line and are a big part of what makes it so special to us today as breeders and consumers.

In the case of Kanga's Mullum x Hempy's Thai, I describe that as a "Like x Like" mating, seeking to reinforce common traits while adding a bit of diversity to the pool. I'm sure Nevil saw it similarly.
This is contrasted with a true F1 hybrid which crosses 2 stable lines with divergent traits, seeking to find something different from both parents. A combination of dominant traits from each line.

Glad to see people still passionate and experimenting with this work more than 10 years after the "Grail Hunt" began.

Do you have experience with Papua New Guinea?
I think I have read that there may be PNG in the Mullum's
Though, I have no personal experience with Mullum, so, purely academic for me at this point

funkyhorse

I was imagining the moment after that epic first time when the colombians crossed the Pacific with amazing Punto Rojo and coke and they successfully landed in Australia and met the aussie dealer
After the colombians heard from the aussie dealer all of the amazing varities they had in Australia like golden buddha, thai stick, PNG and many more, and hearing the pennies they were offered for their Punto Rojo, the colombians surely wanted to chop their own dick in thin slices and that would have been the first and last time they ever made the trip with weed
With coke they had no competition and the prices are of their liking until today

Yesterday I chopped the first NH21xMM girl. The number 3 girl was full of powdery mildew which started to arrive to the sugar leaves and I was afraid of rot. But no mold, no rotten buds in any plant so far.
Girl 4 has PM as well but girls 1 and 2 are free from fungus problems
No rot at all and no intersex issues at all in my pack until now.

Have a nice day everybody

Attachments

• Nh21 x MM 4 (3).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 4 (3).jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Nh21 x MM 4 (2).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 4 (2).jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Nh21 x MM 3 (6).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 3 (6).jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Nh21 x MM 3 (5).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 3 (5).jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 56
  • Nh21 x MM 3 (4).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 3 (4).jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Nh21 x MM 3 (3).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 3 (3).jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Nh21 x MM 2 (2).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 2 (2).jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Nh21 x MM 2 top shot (2).jpeg
    Nh21 x MM 2 top shot (2).jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Nh21 x MM girl 1.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM girl 1.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Nh21 x MM girl 1 top shot.jpeg
    Nh21 x MM girl 1 top shot.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 58

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea logistics doesnt favour the lots of imported colombian weed to australia story much funky , i totally agree ...
i tried colombian gold in oz , but it was grown here , not imported , just imported some seed , which is nice and easy ... its quite possible that is true of the other so called imports too , as growers and dealers rarely tell the truth about their supply source , for obvious reasons ...
btw , i chatted to my brother in law in burriram, north east thailand today ,
he showed me his big sativa out in the front yard ,, and said come and do some business , we have land u remember , haha .. very tempting , and so crazy they have legalisation where here there is not even talk of it ... bloody conservatives ...

funkyhorse

It seems at the moment it is all on medical marijuana because of banking problems
Buriram seems to have stablished as a cannabis industry center with the local hospital working on medical cannabis and they also held the Thai canna festival last year
Good place to be

Quote is from this article: https://asiatimes.com/2022/04/us-cannabis-firm-to-light-up-thai-weed-scene/
Bangkok appears hesitant to legalize cannabis for recreational use, partly because it is waiting for Washington to legalize it in the US, otherwise banking and treaty arrangements between the two countries could become problematic.

TheDarkStorm

Funny thread this is. People still beliving there f25 or f50 or what ever is called original haze now is the pure USA version......even the guy who worked with the haze brothers an made the haze poster in the mid 70's has clearly said sam has added other genetics to it to try to make it better an preserve it...sam even said mex, tai, kerala ext got added (in small amounts) towards the end of production...all production was done in Holland......Only one person used straight clones from pure USA haze in their work. No f6 or what ever just straight USA haze.... I will put up the original haze posters makers own words if it is necessary....im sure if anyone knows the haze bros haze its him..but two different ways of preserving things.....guess some people dont know the haze from the daze....n

One other question....was some of kangas mm mixed with oaxaca an some with other stuff.....its different to the old school one......I know he did collect it from thee source......or maybe he just wanted to make a few different versions.....its easier to find the frankincense haze like types in the older version.....what he called mm#1 looked alot more like the original old school version...... was just interested if anyone knows what he had actually done.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
what are you on about darkie,
the first part of that post sounds like one of hempys brain fart posts ,
provocative , pretending to know all , with some evidence , but im holding it back , kinda post ,
just get it out if you want to say something mate , dont make those sort of posts,
that style of posting creates dramas , and thats the last thing we want , there are enough dramas surrounding the haze story without you trying to create more ....

on the mm ,
kanga was busted before he met nevil , how many years before i cant recall , its online somewhere ,
he spent 12 months in jail and was let loose after paying the courts a large sum of money, assets , i dont recall the exact details , but i remember it was a $6 million dollar bust ,
after that , he had to try to sort out his mullum seed again ,
so only he can tell you exactly what they were , what got mixed , etc ...

TheDarkStorm

When things get too emotional, reason fades away and it also means there is emotional involvement in the project
So opinions are biased and anything posted that is against all these emotions and beliefs turn into an All Blacks-Wallabies game

This is not a rugby game

The thread is interesting, it brings up a few different subjects
What is grail? The NH21xMM from this project cant be grail.
The MM used is a survivor and NH used was the most "sativa" of all phenos, implying they are not really 100% sativas

And I am reading a lot of whining for some seed not being shared
The only one being attacked for not sharing something is Hempy and is not fair.
There are many ways to preserve stock/strains. One of them is the elitist preservation method and is a very respectful way of preserving, as much as sharing the strains. It is a different way and different view. I am interested in the local landraces and the answers I got were the same Hempy gave you guys. I think is fair and they know what they do
Some people welcome you to grow their seeds and others definitively dont want their indoor seed tested side by side with outdoor bred seed in an outdoor environment and I think is fair too

I have read a couple of pages of the links Hempy posted from MNS and I see the same arguing and same rugby game going since then.
Well guys, things will never change and I personally believe they love this way of comunicating. And they both teach a lot.
It is a kind of take it or leave it.

I am also against delivering psychiatric diagnoses online. All of us fit into a different diagnose. I see grown up people here. I respect neurodiversity. Brainstorming with people owning different point of views and different thinking processes is a very good way to improve and learn things faster

I disagree with the supposed colombianity of MM. I understand a lot of surfers exchanged stuff in Byron Bay. They exchanged californian weed. In california anything thin leaf is called "lumbo". These are strains picked and collected in Columbia street, in the intersection with Metro Goldwyn Mayer street and paramount Pictures street. Hollywood weed and Hollywood tales and stories. Thin leaf weed adapted to latitude 37-40 north.
South America is a disaster. Nothing survived in the canna world from the genetics of old and if something is alive, when you ask for it you will only get Hempy style answers when asked for his Thai. What the cartels smuggle is cocain, not weed. The same brick is worth 10 times more, it doesnt make any sense when people say so easyly and freely it is colombian weed of old. South American weed is lost
If any of those Byron Bay surfers would have put their asses in Colombia in the 80s, they would have turned those asses into schnitzels
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colombian_conflict

I have 4 males and 4 girls.
To my huge surprise, none is intersex so far. I have Zamal males all intersex, one Durban male together with early Mangobiche male all making pistils indoors. But these NH21xMM from Bush weed, so far are sexually firm indoors and outdoors
My favourite males are these 2, they are well over 2 meters in 1,3 liter pots.
View attachment 18106373
The other 2 are half size and less with the same structure but they all seem to flower differently
The one on the right is little brother NH21xMM together with both big brothers
View attachment 18106374
And this one in bottom left is the smallest male together with both big brothers for comparison and in the middle of them is showing Mango Pepper boy growing fenale flowers and being pollinized by the big boys. So this will be xy x xy seed Mango Pepper Zamal hybrid x NH21xMM.
View attachment 18106375
Have a nice day everyone and enjoy life
Interesting plants funky horse....I think nevil made nh21 x mm a few different ways....using different versions of mm....im sure he actually tinkered with it an got it to were he wanted later...an may have held things back using that version...did you see much variations in yours...i cant tell too much from the pictures..looks like you have mainly two types.....im not 100% on this but I think I remember beans saying he made all the seeds for bushy via open pollination....if accurate its a good way of checking out some of the genetics that went into the lines

TheDarkStorm

what are you on about darkie,
the first part of that post sounds like one of hempys brain fart posts ,
provocative , pretending to know all , with some evidence , but im holding it back , kinda post ,
just get it out if you want to say something mate , dont make those sort of posts,
that style of posting creates dramas , and thats the last thing we want , there are enough dramas surrounding the haze story without you trying to create more ....

on the mm ,
kanga was busted before he met nevil , how many years before i cant recall , its online somewhere ,
he spent 12 months in jail and was let loose after paying the courts a large sum of money, assets , i dont recall the exact details , but i remember it was a $6 million dollar bust ,
after that , he had to try to sort out his mullum seed again ,
so only he can tell you exactly what they were , what got mixed , etc ...
Ah that makes sense Donald..
Ignore the top part....I just get sick of people thinking things are a competition sometimes (concerning haze work)...both of the main two chaps did what they could to get things out there for people the best they knew how.....we should just appreciate what we have an move on.

Oh I do have the guys own words for real Donald....but this aint the thread for that...but il pm it if you want....I never pretend...

Latest posts

Latest posts