What's new

Burner phones

S

Scrappy-doo

Very cheap insurance.

Only other thing I can think of is I use flip phones. I've heard of people pocket dialing but a few weeks back 2 guys got caught ripping off a bunch of video games and 1 pocket dialed 911. It took awhile for the operator understood what they were talking about then LEO was waiting at the store they were talking about dumping the games off at and got pinched! During that pocket dialed conversation they were boasting how other crooks are idiots lol.

lol yeah man I hear you on the whole flip phone thing. I wish I had gotten one now. I haven't pocket dialed anyone yet but I did pocket connect to the net, and lost about 30 of my minutes. F'in BS! gotta put the thing in a pocket where you're not gonna be rubbing against it. Next time I'll get a flip.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's a cheap fun service to help cloak your calls.......

www.SpoofCard.com

this service allows you to use your home or cell phone and call into their routing center, once you've paid a nominal fee for some usage minutes you'll be prompted to make a call.

You can alter the incoming number on the caller ID of the person you're calling and it also allows you to change your voice (mans or woman's voice) through a modulation system so if your friend happens to be hot it's not your voice being recorded by cops and the number is a dead end. Do this from your 'toss' phone only to assure complete safety.......

If the FBI or anyone turns a mic on and starts recording on your smartphone your battery will evaporate quickly letting you know something is up immediately. No getting around it. For these devices to record voice they will destroy a battery.

S

Scrappy-doo

I always just keep my phone is my coat pocket. Nothing audible will be recorded. Some muffled sounds maybe, but that's it.

BigDawg

I've seen where cops will call an informants phone, with their cell phone and tell him to put it in his pocket on speakerphone... then have the informant go make buys or get info from the dealer. The cops can listen and record what all is said. Sort of like a quick an easy modern day wire tap.

Mia

If the FBI or anyone turns a mic on and starts recording on your smartphone your battery will evaporate quickly letting you know something is up immediately. No getting around it. For these devices to record voice they will destroy a battery.
Just a guess but I don't think the mic is as big of a battery hog as you imply.
The screen is what will really kill a battery quickly(most power consumption).
But I don't build cell phones for a living.

S

Scrappy-doo

I've seen where cops will call an informants phone, with their cell phone and tell him to put it in his pocket on speakerphone... then have the informant go make buys or get info from the dealer. The cops can listen and record what all is said. Sort of like a quick an easy modern day wire tap.

Aww crap you're right! I decided to test record with the phone in my coat pocket and I could still hear what was being said. You'd have to really wrap it up if you wanted to muffle the sound.

Luckily I don't ever take my real cell wherever I am talking shop. Keep that shit at home, or in the car at the very least.

Just a guess but I don't think the mic is as big of a battery hog as you imply.
The screen is what will really kill a battery quickly(most power consumption).
But I don't build cell phones for a living.
Transmitting voice over the radio in the phone uses more power than anything else. Listening to your voice is no different than you talking on the phone.