What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burmese Sativa (VISC/Chimera) Who Likes?

xerb

Looking through my pictures I found something similar to the big fat fox tails.
Initially SSH's buds looked pretty normal, but beyond ripeness she started to run.

DSCN4344.JPG

This is a Super Silver Haze that I let go 3 weeks past initial ripeness, took her at 14 weeks.
Mighty potent, visual effects. XERB

Chappi

My “Burmese IBL” from Coastal looks nothing like that or anything close to a nld type. The Smuggler’s choice is all over the place. I have grown their Panama red which is somewhat a nld type. Had two plants and both were sat dom and amazing but not a ndl type. I have some of their High Biscus vegging rn along with some THH and some Sweet skunk hybrid fems for the outdoor season that should fill my nld type craving.

Beautiful plants!

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
VPD is basically just humidity to temperature ratio... Basically if its too dry and warm the plants start chugging water and if nutrient levels arent correct your basically rushing malnurishment or overfeeding through the plants system.

Higher humidity basically slows down how fast the plant eats and reduces stress or looking overworked.

The 3 REAL nutrients for plants are Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen which essentially is humidity.

xerb

VPD is basically just humidity to temperature ratio... Basically if its too dry and warm the plants start chugging water and if nutrient levels arent correct your basically rushing malnurishment or overfeeding through the plants system.

Higher humidity basically slows down how fast the plant eats and reduces stress or looking overworked.

The 3 REAL nutrients for plants are Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen which essentially is humidity.

Yes, I have a hard time with humidity. 95 percent of the time RH is in the 60-65 % range.
If it is raining outside I sometimes have a hard time keeping it below 70 %.
When the temps get high - above 80 F, the humidity drops, sometimes to 45 - 55 range, but this is for short
periods, a few hours at most.

Lights are on from 7am until 6pm.
Between 3pm and 6pm today, it got up to 88F (about the hottest I've seen it this cycle) and the RH dropped to
50% during that period, I could see the stress in the plants and gave them a tiny bit of water from the bottom

I am ready to cut several of the girls tomorrow.

DSC_0731.JPG

DSC_0736.JPG

Can you point me to a graph of ideal RH versus temp ? I can probably program my dehumidifier a little better....XERB

clearheaded

actually the vpd stuff normaly works out to keeping it way more humid then u think.. aswell as warmer with the higher humidity... which is against normal thinking.. but what it def allows is larger/longer trichs and when humidity is higher it prevents terps from evaporating.. if ever notice lower on the plant u can get longer trichomes and can look alot frostier, just something i have noticed in my set up and part of why this new VPD stuff makes sense to me... made popular by "jungle boys" cause there grows are linke a jungle hot and humid ;).

https://scynceled.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Scynce_VPD_chart-01.png basically if around 80f u want 75% humidity and 70f 60ish humidity.. and as we know plants are growing best 23c-27c. which is like 73-80f ? also i think dr young isnt expaining whats happing properly as its all about keeping stomata open and keeping nutrients flowing which isnt "overfeeding" plants. when its dry and warm stomata close ie reduce feeding/resperation to prevent leaves from drying out when humidty is higher stomato open and increase teh rate at which water nutrients co2 can be used.. higher humidity does not "slow down" how fast it eats infact that is the exact opposite of what the whole point is.. using more c02 and nutrients means more growth and nothing to do with "overworking" and can move nutrients more easily when stomata are open. but yes too much humidity at a given temp does not allow vapor and O toleave stomata ie sweating doesnt work very well in a humid sauna to keep one cool..

cheers

Last edited:

xerb

actually the vpd stuff normaly works out to keeping it way more humid then u think.. aswell as warmer with the higher humidity... which is against normal thinking..
....too much humidity at a given temp does not allow vapor and O toleave stomata ie sweating doesnt work very well in a humid sauna to keep one cool..

cheers

Thanks for the info. I understand what the concerns are now.

Looking at the chart it looks like I am in the zone until the temps get over 84 F.
In the summer this wont be an issue as temps stay lower, I have AC.

I live in the mountains, when it gets hot the humidity usually drops,
but having 18 smart pots in such a small area helps keeps the air moist.

I judge the health of my plants by their looks and growth rate.

For me, this is what I have found works best, the temp at 75-80 F and RH at 60 - 65%,
and this is what the chart shows for mid to late flowering.

These same temps and RH work great for seedlings too.
Nobody I know sees the vigor and fast growth my setup produces.
At 3 weeks most strains are about 8 to 10 inches tall and 18 inches across.

DSC_0242.JPG

Both pictures are Burmese at 21 days - and she grows slow compared to Romulan or SSH

DSC_0247.JPG

Running higher RH looks like a recipe for powdery mildew and botrytis !
70+ RH is the hot bed for PM, something I haven't experienced in years.

I take that back, two years ago, I grew a couple of the strain "Guava" from seed,
late in the cycle I was surprised to see PM on them. Where did that come from?
Since harvest of those two, I haven't see it again. Tossed the plants in the hash pile.

Thanks again for the info ! Saved it in my folder. XERB

clearheaded

as long as air movement is good and plants are healthy PM shouldn't be a problem... ya the VPD stuff now is hard to get ones head around. as always told dryer is always better for oils PM etc. as normally humidity is on high side rather then low side and if have ac tend to drop humidity too... anyhoo not an expert and dont have a dialed in set up to keeping RH within 10-15% lol..

lacto fermented juices make room smell awesome if PM becomes an issue lol... changes PH lower vs normal higher bicarbonate sprays.. and may offer some good bacilis that protect leafs.. but mostly u having healthy plants dont think little more humidity would give u an outbreak. for me anyway always stagnant air 95% of the time and not healthy plants 50% of time its happened. it makes sense ;) lol..

got burmese x killerqueen ur pics make me wanna bust those out!! lol

xerb

VISC Burmese Smoke Report : TFD
Totally FFFriggin' Delicious.
This little freak finished first and started to throw nanners, so I took her.
She has been hanging for a week.

Took a little scraggly bud from the bottom and shoved it in the bowl.
Almost unbelievable. It tastes better than 99% of what I am exposed
to in this little town full of old hippies and their pot growing kids and
neighbors.

This freak tastes GREAT !

This is uncured, still green, and un-manicured - and it tastes fabulous.

Here is the bud I smoked tonight

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0762.JPG Views:	44 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	17839596

The little one of course.

The flavor is pure clean resin, you don't even notice plant material burning.
It's a sweet and sour tropical fruit thing with an exotic woodsy tone, almost cedar.
Refreshingly different from that pine or lemon solvent flavor that is so common.

She was the smallest plant and had 6 colas this size, she might yield 1.5 oz. Tops.
This meager harvest is a fair trade for tending these beauties for the last 90 days.
And I have 15 more, the best, the longer flowering ones to sort through !!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0766.JPG Views:	37 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	17839597

i NEED TO SMOKE MORE FRESH POT i
A really wonderful take off with this one, I think maybe the fresher, more
volatile terpenes might be in play here.

The high comes on creeper, very clear, after about 15 minutes, it feels
very energetic, but without any anxiety, a little bit edgy, but comfortable.

At 15 minutes I was thinking it wasn't very potent.
At 30 minutes I am changing my mind.
At 60 - 75 minutes unsure if I have peaked
At 90 minutes Definitely peaked, I am clear and alert, no fatigue,
big smile, smooth sailing from here out boys.
At 120 minutes - Satisfied. Blissful and mellow, lovin' it.

Not bad, that tiny morsel, one good toke.

May all your endeavors pay so handsomely, XERB

Last edited:

xerb

So far I have given the first 4 to be harvested a thorough sampling.

#1 - The little freak - first to be harvested is the best so far! Very nice potency and GREAT flavor, I had the
whole pub wanting to try it after the smell wafted across the parking lot!
That doesn't happen often in Nevada City (also known as Nirvana Silly).
Two of us smoked most of a doobie and got stupid silly. Parked the rest for later.
About 6 shared the last 1/3 and they were all raving about it. Even tastes great on the re-light.

#2 - Strawberry Pheno - very good flavor, but the berry smell doesn't come through in the taste.
Potent, but more impressed with #1

#3 - third of 15 to finish, good flavor, but a narcotic, sleepy buzz - rare to find this in the Burmese.
More eval required.

#4 - my favorite when growing, big beautiful buds, is my least favorite to smoke.
It has almost no flavor compared to the other 3, and seems to be subdued in the buzz department.

Found a few momentos of my first Amsterdam trip in the early 90s, I wanted to share

DSC_0860.JPG

I will never forget smoking the cheap, imported bag weed available then, Panama Red, Jamaican, Colombian,
Nepalese hash, etc Cheers ! XERB

Happy Times

So far I have given the first 4 to be harvested a thorough sampling.

#1 - The little freak - first to be harvested is the best so far! Very nice potency and GREAT flavor, I had the
whole pub wanting to try it after the smell wafted across the parking lot!
That doesn't happen often in Nevada City (also known as Nirvana Silly).
Two of us smoked most of a doobie and got stupid silly. Parked the rest for later.
About 6 shared the last 1/3 and they were all raving about it. Even tastes great on the re-light.

#2 - Strawberry Pheno - very good flavor, but the berry smell doesn't come through in the taste.
Potent, but more impressed with #1

#3 - third of 15 to finish, good flavor, but a narcotic, sleepy buzz - rare to find this in the Burmese.
More eval required.

#4 - my favorite when growing, big beautiful buds, is my least favorite to smoke.
It has almost no flavor compared to the other 3, and seems to be subdued in the buzz department.

Found a few momentos of my first Amsterdam trip in the early 90s, I wanted to share

I will never forget smoking the cheap, imported bag weed available then, Panama Red, Jamaican, Colombian,
Nepalese hash, etc Cheers ! XERB

funny how the first little freak is the best smoke so far, isn’t it?

awesome Sensi haul there, that must have been a blast working through those