What's new

Building an IC Clearinator

awesome i knew i bought the stirring feature for a reason, guess we'll see how long this cheapo heating /stirring mantle can endure my tests.

hadnt thought about the "thin film" part of the equation but ill give that a try today. i know that what the pope unit uses just due to name but hadnt looked into much kus i knew it was far out off my price range.

do i just want a slow gentle speed or should i change speed depending on liquid level and other factors?

thanx for the help guys

Given that I am no molecular stil expert and I am not exactly sure what you are using to try this I cannot answer that with confidence brother. If I had to say from a principle standpoint it is more about maintaining a very thin amount of material and keeping it uniformly exposed to heat than the speed at which you are mixing/stirring/whatever. So the speed is probably a variable factor depending on the viscosity of the liquid and the amount in whatever your heating receptacle is. The pope unit uses a wiper to create that film, the Meyer a spinning, heated disc to separate fractions.

queequeg152

Veteran
do u think i need to add some steel wool near my condenser? so i can reflux the alcohol and water better?'

no. recall here this is not fractionation, this is molecular distillation.

the way i visualize this whole process... the terpenes and what ever else are super volatiles are the major complicating element. IMO you will need a two step approach here pretty much no matter what technology you are using.

imo you could remove them from the extract without actual high vacuum molecular distillation. hence my suggestion of starting with gentle heat and no vacuum.
alternativly, you could run high vacuum and no heat, gently ramping up temperatures as the recovery slows down.

an actual high vacuum is important in molecular distillation, hence the use of roughing pumps and oil diffusion pumps. i think single digit microns is typically used.

RHH

RHH
Either you are yelling about nothing. (if you're improving so fast)

OR you're not changing anything at all and that's why you're wanting to keep it 'proprietary'.

Hard to tell from your multi-directional postings. You might want to reread your posts and figure out what/where your interests lie.

:)

Pay no attention to us, we're small time. :biggrin:

thump easy

I got a gig making these pins im green as green can be but ill post what i find out. I havent started yet but its produces quit a bit the clear is resold to repudable sorses i cant spell so ill post pics as soon as i get there. I myself have been trying i flew out to sweat leafs lab but they closed the doors on there clear prosses and was charged 5 grand to learn so turned it down. I havent got placed at the
job so im still curious..?