What's new

Building a 4x6 hidden room

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy New Year man! I hope you can finish your room and get that medicine flowing. Cheerio!

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
very nice...

i have plans to build two small hidden rooms in the future as well...

i will also use a electro magnetic remote controlled door to enter into them from a closet...

glad to see what your doing and will prolly reference this thread when it's my time to build...

great work !!!

:tiphat:

GetUpStandUp

Sorry to see your not finish. I understand bro I am currently finishing my earthbag home, and any and all of you should look into doing such if you want to give banks and all other asses the finger. I own one acre and spent under 3000 grand including land and save 6000 by not paying rent this yr. I may try to post a pic of it, but still have tons of work to do.

Sorry to see your not finish. I understand bro I am currently finishing my earthbag home, and any and all of you should look into doing such if you want to give banks and all other asses the finger. I own one acre and spent under 3000 grand including land and save 6000 by not paying rent this yr. I may try to post a pic of it, but still have tons of work to do.
You're saving 6,000 a year vs renting? On a 3,000,000 house? Interesting. I'd have thought it was a bigger savings, buying a multi million dollar house vs renting one, with mortgage deductions and all...

GetUpStandUp

You're saving 6,000 a year vs renting? On a 3,000,000 house? Interesting. I'd have thought it was a bigger savings, buying a multi million dollar house vs renting one, with mortgage deductions and all...
No I have saved 6000 grand by not having to pay rent in 7 months. I spent 3000 to get my home and property to where it is now.

Wonderon

I think this guy went into stealth mode, no updates since last year. Let the thread die till he decides he wants to share.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope it all works out for ya. I cant wait to see the final room and how the front door looks as far as stealth goes.

budderfly

Like a phoenix rising from it's ashes... :)

Hey guys. Wadid I miss?

So first I'll apologize that this isn't a pic post. Haven't been on here in months, life and all, busy shit. But I didn't die, and we got straight with the bank so we're still in the house.

The room has turned out better than I honestly expected. Like fucking amazing. So quiet, I caulked every gap on each layer of wall and the heavy-ass drywall (that impact resistant stuff is dense holy buckets) and green glue along with all the roxul really did the trick and then some. One of these days I'll have to just lock myself in, turn everything off, and see if the silence induces hallucinations!

In other news, I suck at mudding and taping, but it doesn't have to be pretty.

The electromagnet locks work, and I managed to get them installed without too much hassle, but there's some caveats with the package I got I'll go over here eventually, and the way I had to install it interferes with operation of the door a bit. I've still got some tweaking to do on this part and the trouble is all due to the design of the door being nothing like any kind of standard door.

The ventilation is on point. Tight squeeze with all the insulated duct, mufflers, fans, filters, etc. The whole room is a tight squeeze, but it's working and it's hidden.

So, I hate to be that guy who leaves things dangling, but I'm still here and I'll show you all the rest just not today.

Latest posts

Latest posts