What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buenos NEW 150w HPS Tent Grow

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seedlings have made their way into the flowering tent, still vegging under 24/0. I might transplant them tonight into the half gallon bags of mix.

Heres a couple pics from day 13 from seed.

Platinum Jones x 3 on far left
Blackberry Jones x 4 left of center
SWT #4 IBL x 6 right of center
OG Kush s1 back right
Random bagseed front right

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Over dried the White a bit.

Blackberry Kush 28.8g @ 60% humidity in jar
The White 40.7g @ 52% humidity in jar

So its like 2.48oz or something like that a half oz short of my minimum goal for the scrog which isnt that disappointing to me. I have a lot more than I need right now I have a bit over half of my last harvest left too still.

The quality of this run seems even better than last run of these two strains. I will have to wait a little week or two more to test smoke some but I have been vaping the trim and it has a ton of flavor and give big ol vape hits.

The BB has a more uniform purple hue to it and smells just as good but more intense than last run. The White is very loud it freaking reaks, a good bit more than last run with it.

A full quart jar of each strain from the scrog.

picture.php

And the stash all together.

picture.php

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
nice nugs man, congrats on the harvest! So you think SOG works best in this setup for yield?

How many plants could you squeeze in there? I have these things called Mini Tree Pots on their way and I think they might work perfect.

Here is a link to their page. they have all different sizes. I ordered the 3"x8" and the 4"x9.5"

The 4x9.5 comes very close to a half gallon volume, just a bit shy. But my thinking is If I can fit 20 of those in there I could pull an awesome yeild...

30"/4" equal 7
18"/4" equal 4.5

So we could fit 21 or 22 in there but Im thinking keep it around 18 or 20 so there is atleast a bit of room for them...

Judging off of your previous SOG results. You had an average weight of around 10 grams for each plant. I'll go on the lower end of that spectrum and say I can only pull 7gs per plant because my containers are slightly smaller.

7*18= 126!! 4 and half zips...

This might get interesting!

Imagine If I find a strain that can go straight rooted clone to 12/12 and finish close to 10 grams.

10*18= 180!! = 6.4 zips...

I'll never be able to monocrop though so a qp would make me more than happy.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice nugs man, congrats on the harvest! So you think SOG works best in this setup for yield?

How many plants could you squeeze in there? I have these things called Mini Tree Pots on their way and I think they might work perfect.

Here is a link to their page. they have all different sizes. I ordered the 3"x8" and the 4"x9.5"

The 4x9.5 comes very close to a half gallon volume, just a bit shy. But my thinking is If I can fit 20 of those in there I could pull an awesome yeild...

30"/4" equal 7
18"/4" equal 4.5

So we could fit 21 or 22 in there but Im thinking keep it around 18 or 20 so there is atleast a bit of room for them...

Judging off of your previous SOG results. You had an average weight of around 10 grams for each plant. I'll go on the lower end of that spectrum and say I can only pull 7gs per plant because my containers are slightly smaller.

7*18= 126!! 4 and half zips...

This might get interesting!

Imagine If I find a strain that can go straight rooted clone to 12/12 and finish close to 10 grams.

10*18= 180!! = 6.4 zips...

I'll never be able to monocrop though so a qp would make me more than happy.

Ya it all sounds good in theory. I can fit 15 1/2 gallon bags into my tent max.

Either SOG or several bushy LSTd plants seems to get me 3.5oz or a hair more.

For me I wont go smaller than 1/2 gallon containers with my SOG too many plants to water already and they would need water daily if not twice daily in mid to late flower in tiny containers its just too much work for me. I am lazy.

Id be interested to watch you try it though.

I think it was a great run bueno :) great job!

Thanks it turned out decent.

Buenos I can't compliment u enough on these 150 grows ..good shit

Thank you

You Sir have some impressive skills!!! I had no idea yields could be so good with organics.:tiphat:
Organics is easy and fun. I love it.

Bueno what type of 150w are you using?

Thanks!

Its a chopped up and remote ballasted SunSystem 150.

Id just get whatever cheapest 150w unit you can find and remote ballast it. Security light or whatever doesnt really matter. I wouldnt spent more than $70 on a 150w unit.

fukndenny

Its a chopped up and remote ballasted SunSystem 150.

Id just get whatever cheapest 150w unit you can find and remote ballast it. Security light or whatever doesnt really matter. I wouldnt spent more than $70 on a 150w unit.

I might be getting one up sometime soon for a small "supplemental" grow.

May need to pick your brain once I get it all apart.

I was thinking about grabbing one of these:
http://www.e-conolight.com/floods/small-floodlights/small-hid/e-hc2h151z.html

Thoughts?

Thanks!

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You gonna document this 'supplemental' grow?

One of my first grows was with a 150hps I remote ballasted. I ripped apart a light very similar to the one you linked.

You can leave the transformer in the case or remove it and stick it in another case of some sort.

The ballast on the 150hps I used is kinda noisy, hopefully they've improved that part of the light.

B

Bag

bt nice harvest , i think i might get a 400 switchable so i can go smaller turn it to 50 percent , then if i want i can go do a whole closet with it on 75 percent or full power. have ya ever filled yer cab with 1 gallon bags?

fukndenny

yeah blynx, i definitely will.

i will need yalls help when I get it and ripped apart, no time frame, just something i am planning in the next month or so.

it would be nice to have a small cab or tent that i could pull 2-3oz out of every 2 months just to have some more variety and keep me stocked up when my 400w isn't running.

love what Bueno is doing in this thread. i thought about 6 plants under 1 150w , too many plants? even if they yield 1/2oz each that'd be great.

Latest posts

Latest posts