What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bueno Grows w/ DIY COB LEDs

C

CannaBuilding

Did you end up upgrading them? what was the costs in total at the end?

very informative thread! Thank you!

No matter how much you spend on COB LEDS even the highest spec ones will make up the money you forked on them by saving electricity and increasing your yeild.

In the long run its worth it (but read up on LED growing guides as growing under led is abit different to HPS and you will have to modify how you feed them).

Your best bet would be to go with Cree or Bridgelux, dont settle for anything less and have a read on the DIY threads (thats how i built my panels).

At the end of the day who would say no to this. Less heat, More Par per Lumen/watt, Less electricity usage for same yield under HPS, Less cooling power needed, Less noise. But the cost and labor upfront is what turns everyone off.

Peace and happy growing.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm down to the last gram of my favorite plant from your the white x chemmy jones cross. that was some spectacular herb. i hope you find time/space to pop some of those seeds.

I popped 3 or 4 of those I think and got one female, that was a few years ago. I gave and traded most away I think I have about 15 left.

I'm glad you really liked it. You ever pop any of the OX F2s or other gear?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
that cut lives on in a couple gardens in maine, going by the name white jeep (white x cj #5). i miss her greatly and hope to get her back some day.

we went through the swt4 pack but didnt find any keepers.

been sitting on the ox. i had a plan to pop them a couple months ago with some other purple/bubba types, but i was derailed by some issues with my apartment. prob will pick it up again in the fall after the summer heat is over.

any new breeding projects in the works?

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that cut lives on in a couple gardens in maine, going by the name white jeep (white x cj #5). i miss her greatly and hope to get her back some day.

we went through the swt4 pack but didnt find any keepers.

been sitting on the ox. i had a plan to pop them a couple months ago with some other purple/bubba types, but i was derailed by some issues with my apartment. prob will pick it up again in the fall after the summer heat is over.

any new breeding projects in the works?

Nice I just realized how you got the jeep part in the white jeep name, cj, duh lol.

I wasnt impressed with swt#4 myself either unfortunately, I had high hopes for it with all the talk of sweet pink grapefruity goodness but I just never found anything worth while (only started from one pack ~13-15 seeds).

Which seems odd that I would make a bunch of seeds with them but SOTF had disappeared and I felt like I should help some people at least get to grow some out since so many wanted to try the strain at the time and none were available, so I grew some out and made a grip of seeds for people to get as freebies. I thought it might tarnish my name putting out mediocre genetics but I also thought it was the right thing to do for the community at the time. I saw a few cool phenos of some of the elite cuts x swt#4 seeds that I sent in at the same time but nothing too note worthy on the straight swt#4 seeds.

I have been shut down for 6 months or so now and I really want to get something going again but Im going to have to wait until winter to set up a tent in the garage or something, if im able to do a grow at all, its just too damn hot to do anything out there right now and for the next several months.

Im already researching and debating what I want to pop first when the time comes though.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, time flies doesn't it and things change. I am growing again after almost 2 year break, this time legally in a recreational state and its pretty awesome not having to worry anymore.

I have the same 2'x3'x5' tent up with the 35x Vero 10 4000k COBS fixture with the string of 18 supplemental LEDS (4 450nm, 4 630nm, and 10 660nm).

I wonder if anyone uses this forum anymore? lol

Anyway peace out ICMAG fam and give me a follow @buenotime on instagram if you want to follow the grow.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 39, 7x Kosher Kush S2s I made crossing my KK#6 x KK#11 reversed and 5x The OX F2s also made by me.

316168B6-60BD-48CE-B5F0-739344D9858D.jpeg

Attachments

• image_2066808.jpg
    image_2066808.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 48

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 50, OX F2s. One picture of each of 4 out of the 5 total phenos of OX F2s this run from seeds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	46B8B05C-469A-462A-ACBE-CB070ADF1302.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	191.2 KB ID:	17927883
Click image for larger version  Name:	46B8B05C-469A-462A-ACBE-CB070ADF1302.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	191.2 KB ID:	17927883

Attachments

• 46B8B05C-469A-462A-ACBE-CB070ADF1302.jpeg
    46B8B05C-469A-462A-ACBE-CB070ADF1302.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 46

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
InnerChi OG vegging out for next round. Finally got this girl back about 4-5 weeks ago, I let her go a couple years ago. Will be holding this cut for a long time this time. Straight lemon pine gas, so good. Stacks and yields pretty good for an OG too and the smell and flavor cant be denied. Her lineage is Larry OG x OG Kush from KingKloneBrand, this is their cut.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8958A2EC-09CD-4697-961D-B97EA8D7F32C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	216.3 KB ID:	17928641

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Taking up almost the whole 2x2 tent and about 3 weeks to go til the flowering tent is empty and I can move this girl in.

fetch?photoid=17930919.jpg

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 of the 7 different Kosher Kush #6 x Kosher Kush #11 in this "pheno hunt" (seed pop) on day 57 of 12/12, these will probably go 77 days.

fetch?photoid=17932106.jpg

One of the 5 OX F2s from this round on day 57 will probably take them 70 days.

fetch?photoid=17932107.jpg

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17932106.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17932106.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 49
  • fetch?photoid=17932107.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17932107.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 43

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 59 pics

Looking a little rough but not horrible yet, fading hard now with most the nutrition ate up in the soil. Might be retiring the 1 gallon pots of recycled organic living soil and going to large pots or beds. They just run out of steam in mid-late flower in such a small pot and not feeding bottled nutes or salts to supplement just top dressing, mulching, and a couple compost teas to keep the microbial activity kicking.

fetch?photoid=17932108.jpg

fetch?photoid=17932109.jpg

fetch?photoid=17932110.jpg

fetch?photoid=17932111.jpg

fetch?photoid=17932112.jpg

fetch?photoid=17932113.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Day 59 pics

Looking a little rough but not horrible yet, fading hard now with most the nutrition ate up in the soil. Might be retiring the 1 gallon pots of recycled organic living soil and going to large pots or beds. They just run out of steam in mid-late flower in such a small pot and not feeding bottled nutes or salts to supplement just top dressing, mulching, and a couple compost teas to keep the microbial activity kicking.

The flowers look beautiful. Nice work!! :good:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice canopy in there, great work ! - i think you are right about using bigger pots, there will be a bit more growth/stretch maybe but should stop them fading as fast towards the end.

VG :tiphat:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice canopy in there, great work ! - i think you are right about using bigger pots, there will be a bit more growth/stretch maybe but should stop them fading as fast towards the end.

VG :tiphat:

Right on, thanks for stopping by brother! Glad to see you around still.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Couple more weeks until the flower tent opens up for the Inner-Chi OG to have her turn. She will be ready.

fetch?photoid=17936546.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17936546.jpg Views:	0 Size:	412.3 KB ID:	17936566

fetch?photoid=17936547.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17936547.jpg Views:	0 Size:	417.1 KB ID:	17936565

q3corn

Nice lookin flowers! Top dressing soil in small pots is really difficult, I agree. I recently had one really nice grow where I think what I did was just overfeed initially so the food was there for that first 3 weeks, then I still top dressed every week for the first month.

I gotta say I'm surprised I never saw this thread after all these years, really cool stuff and some gorgeous plants!

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice lookin flowers! Top dressing soil in small pots is really difficult, I agree. I recently had one really nice grow where I think what I did was just overfeed initially so the food was there for that first 3 weeks, then I still top dressed every week for the first month.

I gotta say I'm surprised I never saw this thread after all these years, really cool stuff and some gorgeous plants!

Right on, thanks for stopping by! Forums seem pretty dead here anymore, its kind of a sad shell of its former self but Im glad you dropped by and left a comment so I know at least someone is seeing the posts.

Latest posts

Latest posts