What's new

Bueno Grows w/ DIY COB LEDs

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great bueno!

How do they smell?

Thanks

They havent really developed a strong odor yet but I made both these crosses so I have grown the parents out before and I have grown the BBCJ out before too so I have a good idea what to expect from those 3 and they are all looking Blackberry dominant, atleast two of the three look very Blackberry dominant.

Never grown the PECC out before so really not sure what to expect other than something similar to either parent or some mix of the two. Looked Pineapple Express dominant in veg and early flower but now not sure really could be either the PE or the CC they both have sativa looking leaves on some phenos. The Cheese n Chaze is Exodus Cheese x SSSDH so theres Sour Diesel and Super Silver Haze in her too.

We will see if there is a Blackberry dom pheno of these 3 that produces some purpling of the buds. I got one the first time I ran some of my BBCJ out of 4 seeds one was a "pink pheno". Should be interesting either way.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Did you make any crosses with the pink or purple pheno?

I've recent become obsessed with colorful buds

Cheers m8,
BeL

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you make any crosses with the pink or purple pheno?

I've recent become obsessed with colorful buds

Cheers m8,
BeL

I hit the "pink pheno" Blackberry Jones #4 (I popped 4 beans the first test of the BBCJ and this was the one labeled pheno #4) with some SWT#4 IBL pollen from two nice males from a SOTF420 pack.

Here is the pink pheno BBCJ4 at day 36 12/12

picture.php

And day 73 12/12 just before harvest, the top bud closest to the bulb greened up with some pink spots but the lowers turned more purple like the Blackberry Kush mother.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the 2 male SWT#4 IBL I used pollen from to hit her.

picture.php

Although I am sure there is a better chance of purple or pink phenos in the BBCJ than the BBCJ x SWT#4 IBL since that second cross would just dilute the Blackberry genetics even further.

edit: Ya just looked at more pics and there were 3 female BBCJ phenos of the 4 seeds I popped during the first run. Of the 4 seeds 1 was a male, one was a green pheno, one was the pink pheno, and one was a mostly green pheno with purple calyxes here and there randomly mixed throughout some of the buds.

nephrosis

DAMN DUDE!!! i cant wait till i move and get my own outdoor male!!! I have NEVER had good luck with Clones but iv always had decent luck with seeds, so seeds it is for me!!! Your babies are looking SEXY

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to add two 24" Red/Blue LED bars to the flowering tent. 4 Luxeon ES M4R Royal Blue 445-450nm, 4 Cree XP-E P3 630-635nm Red, and 10 Luxeon ES EX6 Deep Red 660-760nm. Running on a 650mA driver should get just under 30W LED dissipation from the two bars.

Lighting layout in the flower tent will be like this. Dark red circles are ES EX6s, lighter reds are XP-E P3s, and the blues are ES M4Rs.

picture.php

Just ordered the parts last night so wont be all here for a few weeks Im sure since the 630nm reds and the driver are ordered from China.

Hell yeah!

Thats some of the best 3000k vegging I have seen!

Can you "overclock" the LEDs and beef up the voltage and cooling to get more lumens out of them or will it just pop the LED?:woohoo:

Had both veg and flower tents open at the same time and noticed how different the light spectrums look on this 3000k COB vs 150w HPS.

View Image

Topped after 4th node and top two fans defoliated on each.

Before

View Image

After

View Image

That's the first time I have ever seen an outdoor male.

That's some manly shit.

Lol
I hit the "pink pheno" Blackberry Jones #4 (I popped 4 beans the first test of the BBCJ and this was the one labeled pheno #4) with some SWT#4 IBL pollen from two nice males from a SOTF420 pack.

Here is the pink pheno BBCJ4 at day 36 12/12

View Image

And day 73 12/12 just before harvest, the top bud closest to the bulb greened up with some pink spots but the lowers turned more purple like the Blackberry Kush mother.

View Image

View Image

View Image

And the 2 male SWT#4 IBL I used pollen from to hit her.

View Image

Although I am sure there is a better chance of purple or pink phenos in the BBCJ than the BBCJ x SWT#4 IBL since that second cross would just dilute the Blackberry genetics even further.

edit: Ya just looked at more pics and there were 3 female BBCJ phenos of the 4 seeds I popped during the first run. Of the 4 seeds 1 was a male, one was a green pheno, one was the pink pheno, and one was a mostly green pheno with purple calyxes here and there randomly mixed throughout some of the buds.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
that pollen could very well translate into fatty colas on alot of the progeny. good find!

how is the resin on them?

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool!

Are LEDs on the walls next?

No, not enough space in this little tent for that and I already spent way too much money on all this LED stuff lol.

Hell yeah!

Thats some of the best 3000k vegging I have seen!

Can you "overclock" the LEDs and beef up the voltage and cooling to get more lumens out of them or will it just pop the LED?:woohoo:

It did ok but obviously could be better with a higher K rating for vegging and the height limitations sucked. If I had more vertical space in veg the one COB would have vegged them a lot better with the light covering the canopy better. Worked in a pinch though.

You can run the CXA3070s much harder than 1.4A if you can keep them cool enough. They are designed to handle a max current of 2.8A with proper cooling. They are only at 50% current when running at 1.4A.

That's the first time I have ever seen an outdoor male.

That's some manly shit.

Lol

Ya that was two males and they both had big colas, just the one stem bent over to the side and the cola curved and grew upward again. I started those indoor and once they showed sex after about a week of 12/12 under 150w HPS they went outside.

that pollen could very well translate into fatty colas on alot of the progeny. good find!

how is the resin on them?

that male has clusters that would translate into fat ass colas

That is entirely possible. SOTF420s SWT#4 IBL males always seemed to have large colas in his pictures.

I dont remember because those males were grown out over a year ago I think late 2012 maybe not sure Id have to look back at my grow logs. I dont think they were frosty though I didnt pay much attention to them other than to water them and shake the stalks to collect pollen.

Those two males were the daddy of the OGSWTs I started this run and got a male and two herms from. But am assuming that is from the Chemdawg s1 mother and not the SWT#4s. Made other seeds with the SWT#4s too but havent tried any of them and probably wont for a while if I do. Of course I made a few hundred SWT#4 IBL F?s (? not sure which generation they would be I think the pack I got was F6 maybe so F7s? possibly.)

nephrosis

DAMN dude! looks like your getting the same growth, maybe better, then my last grow using 600w mh/HPS... wasnt sealed but still, your setup is beastly! i love it

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some reveg action on the ladies from last round under the 150w HPS.

All 6 are revegging and so far after sampling the curing buds for smells, tastes, and highs I might run all of them again other than the GDPxCJ which wasnt a great pheno, lacks smell and flavor and the high is a bit more speedy than I prefer.

Heres the mutants on Day 16 of 24 hour light with a 42w daylight cfl hung in the middle.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php