What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Budman678 amended soil fun

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Nice update after the pause there bud. Worked with the cough alot myself. Matter of fact been running some of Mota's Lung Candy lately which is a mix of kksc X strawberry D. Little backcross action your know. Some real nice strawberry dominate phenos coming out, more often than with some versions. Some seem to have a tendency to go towards the inscensy haze side. Which I don't mind. Just something interesting that I noticed.

Epiphyte

Great fall colors on the ecsd x og! I know you are using a supersoil. Do you think those colors came out naturally, or were they induced my flushing/using up all the nutes? Basically my question is, what's you opinion on flushing especially in a super soil/ notill set up?

And oh yeah, the cookies are great when done right. It has a complex flavor not just one note like a jack or a jilly. I'm very interested in the cookiewreck that a lot of folks seem to be growing...

I'll be smoking that super sour alien and jack cleaners outdoor and the last little bit of my scott's og at trey tonight woot woot. Can't wait to see more of your show

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Nice update after the pause there bud. Worked with the cough alot myself. Matter of fact been running some of Mota's Lung Candy lately which is a mix of kksc X strawberry D. Little backcross action your know. Some real nice strawberry dominate phenos coming out, more often than with some versions. Some seem to have a tendency to go towards the inscensy haze side. Which I don't mind. Just something interesting that I noticed.

the berries has a strawberry jam nose but the taste is very hashy and earthy. its extremely potent and is great for daytime activities, sports etc.

looking awesome buddy. mouth watering, indeed.

thanks dude...hope to see ya soon, weren't able to hook up over those dead show this summer. bummer

ecsd is so pretty with the fall colors.

Great fall colors on the ecsd x og! I know you are using a supersoil. Do you think those colors came out naturally, or were they induced my flushing/using up all the nutes? Basically my question is, what's you opinion on flushing especially in a super soil/ notill set up?

And oh yeah, the cookies are great when done right. It has a complex flavor not just one note like a jack or a jilly. I'm very interested in the cookiewreck that a lot of folks seem to be growing...

I'll be smoking that super sour alien and jack cleaners outdoor and the last little bit of my scott's og at trey tonight woot woot. Can't wait to see more of your show

the ECSD puts on a show regardless of the year so i am thinking its more of a genetic predisposition. the SS for the most part rarely run out of juice. I like it to be a little light so that by week 6 or so they start getting a touch hungry. its hard to say whether i get a good flush or not considering i am just adding water although late in the game i am making EWC teas with succanat/mollasses in every watering. i make sure not to go over board with the sugars

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
epiphyte---

you didn't ask me but here's my unsolicited opinion about flushing organic soil mixes:

it don't make sense!

in an organic system the majority of nutrients are insoluble, bonded, or tied up in the microbial food web. drenching the soil with water won't leach out these elements as it would with salts (ionic molecules) that are eager to bond to the H2O.

if you encourage a rich population of soil microbiology and rely on the plant's ability to signal what it needs when it needs it through root exudates then there are no stores of surplus nutrients in the plant material in the first place.

check out roostaphish's lung candy!

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I do have some opinions regarding flushing organic soil mixes, but I don't feel like going into them. Just fyi, that is a 8 inch head bud, there just isn't anything next to it for scale. Heady's phone takes nice pics, and the sun was just perfect.

budman678

Veteran
this is our first foray into pollen chucking...advice is welcome, but its too late ;-)

The male pollen is Rez's Killer Chemdog.

four girls about to spewed on:

berries, glue, ecsd and cookies (no particular order)
yvwPHc9.jpg

money shot
3AcBLxr.jpg

pollen (alittle goes along way)
x5pv2mG.jpg

big berries shot through some knock off method sevens
UqrMaiH.jpg

DJXX

Veteran
got four berries in cups...they rooted so nicely....the plugs look like little paint brushes with so many roots..thanks buddy..and the snips came so nicely i repackaged them and sent the other 4 to a buddy in NY...DJXX

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Sierra Nevada Torpedo cap!

I prefer the old school Pale Ale, but still WINNING

Easy on the moneyshot, did that actress sign her release?

budman678

Veteran
got four berries in cups...they rooted so nicely....the plugs look like little paint brushes with so many roots..thanks buddy..and the snips came so nicely i repackaged them and sent the other 4 to a buddy in NY...DJXX

awesome man, i'm excited to see you do your thing with her. we are getting ready to have some killer chemdog crosses

Sierra Nevada Torpedo cap!

I prefer the old school Pale Ale, but still WINNING

Easy on the moneyshot, did that actress sign her release?

she is enslaved in the basement, tied up and down...she had absolutely no say in the matter

budman678

Veteran

i cant wait to here what you think. i believe you will be more than pleased

budman678

Veteran
who else likes their herb jarred for about 4-6months before ripping in to them?

that is the sweet spot for me with most cuts.

ideas/opinions?

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Funny you mention that - my last harvest, with which I was at first slightly underwhelmed, seems to be more appealing by the day. I forget that I have like zero patience. But no question, laterish is better.

However, ~ 6 months to me is about the max I can seem to preserve with decent quality. Beyond that, things start turning into hay for me. :dunno:

What's your method? Is it more hi-tech than keeping the lid screwed shut on a g'damned jar?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
depends on the strain for me. i like OG pretty fresh, but my chemx doesn't show its real character until around 6 weeks of cure (not including the initial drying time)

long flowering sativas always seem to need the longest cure for me. 3--6 months sounds perfect for colombians and hazes.

i've got a 2 year old nug of SLH that i occasionally break a little chillum hit off of. it's amazing!

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
who else likes their herb jarred for about 4-6months before ripping in to them?

that is the sweet spot for me with most cuts.

6 months to me is about the max I can seem to preserve with decent quality. Beyond that, things start turning into hay for me.

Not for everyone but.... The freezer cure method has been working great for me. Haven't looked back actually. I've had buds using this method after 10+ months come out looking, tasting, and smoking perfectly. Gets better with time yet preserves everything perfectly. Would love to have a small frost free freezer just to store my buds in.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Not for everyone but.... The freezer cure method has been working great for me. Haven't looked back actually. I've had buds using this method after 10+ months come out looking, tasting, and smoking perfectly. Gets better with time yet preserves everything perfectly. Would love to have a small frost free freezer just to store my buds in.

:yeahthats

i love the freezer cure! i want a little dedicated freezer for curing too! but they don't come in auto defrost! so frustrating.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea man. I think its something every grower should try at least once.
Buds cure nicely and stay absolutely perfect. After they reach the perfect point, I vacuum seal em and put em back in the freezer for long term storage. Buds come out looking exactly the same way they went in, but smell and taste is greatly improved.

Lemme know if you find a good small freezer heady!

Siskiyou

Veteran
I would like to learn how to freezer cure.

I agree that different strains age differently. I like to periodically sample from the "Smithstonian collection" in the bottom drawer. I have some Neville's Kush (Neville's Haze x Pure Kush) from Fall 2012 that I can still enjoy, but a Northern Lights from the same time period that received the same treatment is pretty nasty.