What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buddah Watcha 2013 Outdoor Season!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
We got around 40 seedlings going ATM, around half CJxSB and a few more of each of the other ones... they are all in solo cups and in organic soil, peat,perlite and ewc mix. Been giving them some earth juice grow and we top dressed all cups with EWC not too long ago. We should be taking clones in a week or so. Still no sex on them, hopefully soon so we can repot them to 1gal containers... Hopefully they are not too rootbound by then! :)

I hope everyone season is going good!

Take care fellas!
Peace! :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, just an update on the soil mix this year, been doing a lots of thinking.

I'm probably going to make a few 100gal holes this year, basically a bail of peat moss which comes to almost 8CU, 2 bags of 1CU each of Coast of Maine Lobster Compost, and 2CU of perlite.

With that I'll be mixing 3 way lime (lime, oyster shell, gypsum) 1 cup per CU
1cup per CU of Azomite
and for nutes I'll be using DTE Vegan Mix 3-2-2 (to reduce damage by animals, has no animal byproducts in it,"An all purpose fertilizer made with no animal products or by products. Contains soybean meal, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, rock phosphate, sul-po-mag, stonemeal and greensand.")

And of course inoculate the roots with some mycohizzae fugi on transplant to the OD.

Late season should top dress with guanos, as I still got some sitting around from last season!

Any tip or comment please let me know!

Hopefully by next week we will start seeing some sex on the seedlings, they are about 5 weeks old and getting nice and big, should transplant them to 1gal containers with a EWC, Peat, Perlite mix with some organic goodies!

Hope everyone season coming along as planned.

Thanks for checking in guys!

Best vibes
Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Seedlings are coming along great, all of them were reaching 3ft a week ago, had to top a bunch of them to height control, we also took some clones out of the ones that looked like females, this process will continue till the time they have to go out! Next month should be a labor intensive work with all the dirt we need to haul in the spot, but will be well worth it!

Hope everyones grow is going good as well!

Best vibes,
BW

Sounds like you got it goin on buddah .... Can't wait to see your cj x sb .... I'll be popping 12 soon and sexing em on my deck before they go out .... Take clones in July of all females and keep em veggin at my house to see what's a keeper and what ain't .... Mold is the primary ... Then growth, potency, yeild and smell ..... You running anything else from LouD? I got his white jones, CJ x c+, CJ x midnight madness and CJ x Arnes snowdog .... Just not sure how the CJ x mm will do though so she might not go out this season

Can't wait to see the show start ... Previews are good so far!!

Any specific reason for bringing so much soil out if they're going in the ground? Just seems like more work when it's not needed. I just use a pick axe during a rain storm and till out a good 2x2 spot remove rocks ... Add water crystals, sand, coco/peat(2:1) and mix in my nutes and let cook .... Right before planting I add Ewc and till the holes again to remove air pockets .... And plant. Maybe 5gal worth of coco/peat per hole and I can pull 1# bushes w eyes closed ... Strain dependent of course.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Gem, the soil on the spot is heavy in clay, hard to grow in it, thats why I haul some soil! :) Ill be running mostly CJxSB got a few other of Lou's crosses, maybe ill pop some of them too! :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, hope everyone works season going good and not too bad breaking ;)

This is the time of the year where hard work is necessary! This week we worked on getting most of the holes and pots ready, we will be using a big 100gal fabric container as swamp tubes, we setup about 4 of them. They are halfway thru full and we camo'd the shit out of them. You can't really see it unless you know they are there, shit came out hella nice, next time I'm going to try to snap some pics of the process we been doing, so people out there can copy if they like it. The plan is to go late on the season and fill the extra 50 gals gradually, so there's always some root space for the plant to get bigger!

Most holes are made of half bale of peat moss, half bag of perlite and a shitload of compost ;) Ammended with Lime, Gypsum, Oyster Shell, Azomite, Greensand and Vegan mix (Kelp, Alfafa, Rock Phosphate, Humic Acids, Su-Po-Mag and Stonemeal)

We got about 12 between 50 and 100 gallon new holes this year, were we will be putting a big momma in each. We have these plants that have been vegging for about 10 weeks indoors and soon they will be out there! Mostly CJxSB's and a few of the other strains we go. Some of them havent really showed sex, which is kinda off, but we got around 14 females out of the original seed popping and around 5 that we dont know yet, there is one moster one that if end up being a male will be a daddy :).

We placed 4 plants out there yesterday, in the field spot, a bit early but the frost danger is gone and I think they should be ok! One of them was the GRS Mistery Mix which is looking great and have a nice big hole south-facing that should get plenty of sunlight all year long!

Regarding the old holes, we will be placing 1 clone per, and adding a bit of compost and nutes to it, nothing too crazy.

We also plan on making a hole with just localy sourced material, wood chips, forest compost, local dirt to see how these will compare, more for fun and giggles!

Ive been having camera issues but soon should be solved!

Thanks for checking it out!

Best vibes to all and peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Since nobody likes a boring thread without pictures, lets get this party started!

Another day of work in the swamp this weekend! Finished most of the work over the swamp! Filled the last 2 100 gal smarties with dirt, just missing the perlite which will be mixed in the near future!

Checked on the plants that went out the last week, they were kinda sun burnt since we didnt get a chance to get them used to the sun, but I'm sure they will bounce back! Rookie mistake but shit happens!

This time we made sure to check the forecast and program a few cloudy days for the transplant, so I doubt they will get messed up!

We put 4 of the big plants into the smarties in the swamp! They are filled with around 40-60 gallons each! We always have the option to add more dirt when they start flowering to give some xtra root space!

So here are some pics!

Pic from last week or so from some of the clones getting ready to go out!

picture.php

Good way to transplant, the cooler helps to keep the smell away, works very well! We were able to fit around 7 big plants in 1 cooler.

picture.php

100 Gal Smartie on the Swamp, almost full, need to mix a bag of perlite with this one!
picture.php

After we filled it up, we layed a bunch of branches on the sides and started the camo process, usually takes around 10-15 minutes to fully camo the pot, but it's great stealth and you can barely notice it from a few feet away!

After:
picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Few more pics, here are some of the girls already on their location! This area has great sun exposure and good camo of downed pine trees from Sandy Hurricane!
Few CJxSB:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Danish Cheese
picture.php

Best vibes all, hope season going good for everyone!

Peace!

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey buddahwatcha,
nice camo work!
also great idea with the big cooler, i wish i had one. looks so innocent... :D
take care and hope they get biig for ya :tiphat:

DevilWeedSeeds

Private Breeder
ICMag Donor
Best of luck on your outdoor growing season this year Buddah! Really enjoyed following last years grow. Happy 2013 growing :) :)

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Yo Buddah just stoppin by. Got a few questions for you..

- Ever used any of the Coast of Maine products before? Just got their lobster/kelp fert but have never used any of their stuff personally.
- no bugs or animals in the swamp or wherever you are? Didn't see any fences in the pics.
- also, what kind of soil do you have where you're putting them in the ground? Usually for me its just roots and rocks but decent soil. But when I was out digging earlier, I hit a good layer of hard/compacted sand about a foot down, never seen it before in my area just thought it was strange. Not really a swamp but pretty close to water, "fen" kinda thing...

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Eugen, welcome bro! :) Looking forward to your OD thread bro!

DevilSeeds, Thanks bro! Best of luck to you too!

Rob, Coast of Maine is pretty good stuff! The lobster compost is great, had great results with it before, just not using it because its pretty expensive, at $10 per bag... But great compost!

Regarding the animals, not sure man, last year grew around this location and didnt have any issues with critters or deer, only slugs. So I'm hoping for the best, don't think it will be an issue, this area is pretty isolated, not many animals can get to.

The soil on this area is pure muck, you usually a few inches in the mud, didnt try to dig it, but there are plenty of rocks all around. A few yards from the spot from the pics the soil had lots of clay.

Peace! :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Guys,

Another day of work in the swamp and all the plants are out! Put another 20 or so today, mostly clones and 2 or 3 big ones!

We checked on the plants we put in last week and they are doing a lot better than the 1st batch that got sunbleached. 1 or 2 looks pretty bad, but the others are pulling a comeback already.

The ones we put in last week seem adapted already and they seem to have grown a bit already!

We got a really cool plant, that we placed inside of a downed tree that had a huge hole in the steam, we fit about 30-40 gallons of soil in the tree and stuck a big momma there, pretty sure is a CJxSB and she's rocking it!

Prepared a few of the old holes with some nutes and compost and placed 2-3 clones in each.

This year the spot looks so much better than it did last year, so many trees are down from the storm last year, it looks totally different. We couldn't find a few of the spots from last year because the terrain looks so different, feels like a war zone lol

anyways, probably wont be there till next month or so, the forecast seems to be good for another week or so!

Happy growing all!

konopenko

Veteran
Hey Buddah interesting spot there, looks fine atm..will swamp water stay at that level whole year? It would be smart to think how to raise those roots when fall comes. Friend told me he lost a lot of buds due to mold problems in october.. and he planted quite early strains.
I wish you great season :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey konopenko, nice to see you here bro! :)

I don't think the water levels will be an issue, this is actually the "run off" from a near by lake... Last time we cleared the runoff holes and even after a day the levels were still low enough. Worse comes to worse we can stick some big rocks under the pots to rise them up...

One good thing about this, is that if drought his us, we can always clear the runoff and that should rise the water level a few inches!

I probably won't check the plants for another few weeks or so! But i'll try to snag some pictures next time!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, just a quick nugshots from last years bud... some of the stuff I still got left! Not sure if my stash will make it till this years harvest, but I won't be buying any herb some shady dealers... prolly T-break till harvey time, we'll c, got 5-6 jars closed still, none of that is my top shelf tho :p

Some of the NHxCC
picture.php

CJxSB pheno #3
picture.php

Hope y'all enjoy! Now, its time to roll one up! ;)

Peace guys :tiphat:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
checking in for the show! looks promising! wishing you all the best out there BW bro!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey esbe, welcome brother, pleasure to have you here sir! :tiphat:

So heres a quick update... Last week we had a few days of intense rain, so I wanted to check the spot to see if water levels would be an issue, but most likely it wont!

Plants are doing good, a few got a bit sunburnt but the worse has passed and they are already putting dark green new growth! The soil mix we made didn't have any time to cook, so we should be seeing the plants starting to eat more and be happier soon!

Once I was there I did a foliar spray of Dandelion FPE, Cytoplus, ProTek and Sea-90 minerals. I'm sure they enjoyed ;)

I don't think we lost a plant due to critters or snails this time, didn't have time to check all the spots but visited about 90% of them, and most plants seemed happy!

Some are already close to 3' tall, one or two plants started early flowering, I'm sure it will get reversed soon (hopefully). They are all bushing out nicely, I did some supercropping in a few of them, not many!

Some of the spots we have, are showing great cover, bunch of tree's that felt down on the storm and are laying down on the floor are starting to grow leaves in it and that should give us a good shade, if the shade is too much we can always chop branches and clear some more light openings!

Only issue is that we dont really have all the plants labeled properly... but most of them are CJxSB's... Hpoefully in the future it will be easier to identify!

Here's a few pictures hope yall enjoy!'
Heres a few pictures

CJxSB
picture.php

HFH Danish Cheese, this plant has great genetics IMO, great thick stems and super vigorous... She didn't even get any sun burn from the transplant, didnt seem to skip a beat at all! Loving life. Thanks Esbe!
picture.php

Another CJxSB, great branching already
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts