What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks @Johnnyrockets , i'm glad you got on well with them!
The Fat Bubba looks nice. I want to do a run of that soon, its been a while..
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi @RobFromTX i'm going to try and send some in tomorrow, so hopefully later this week. Got some work being done on my house and its difficult to get a minute to sort them !
Cheers
VG

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I just put one of these between paper towels. The other seedlings in this run are two weeks in front of her. Early days yet, the seed has yet to show tail.

Not sure how wise an idea it was to play catch up with squat Bubba genes. Her grow room companions will be hype multiple hybrids with silly names.

RobFromTX

im still waiting on real gorilla to restock them. I love their business but they sure drag ass getting things done

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @RobFromTX i've just chased them up on it so hopefully the regs will be listed up soon... they've got them...
are you planning to use the males? just wondering why you want the regs rather than the S1s/fems..
VG

RobFromTX

Thanks for getting ahold of them! I havent had a hermie since i started growing regular seeds. Thats the big reason for me. Im far and away no professional though, crossing strains and such. maybe one day

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well @RobFromTX , it's your money and you get to choose what you buy !
But i will say that there is NO 'scientific' reason, apart from bad selection of parent plants, that fem seeds will produce more herms than regular (ive actually never had a herm from fems but had a few from regular) - and with the Pre-98 Bubba Kush clone the parent plant has been around for 25 or more years, so thoroughly tested, and been found to be remarkably stable. The Bubba S1s were my first release over 10 years ago, and they are my best selling line.. in all that time, iirc, there have only been 2 herms reported from hundreds.. possibly getting on for 1000 seeds!
The regs are good and people have been happy with them (but not nearly so many grow shows or reports as the S1s)... but if you don't want males then i would strongly encourage you to try the Pre-98 S1s as well because they are very much documented and tested and they come out very close to the cut. It was the huge success of these that encouraged me to keep my seed biz going.
VG :tiphat:

Last edited:

RobFromTX

VG how big will these ladies get in a one gallon pot after a month of veg? Just curious. Im thinking about a sog grow

Last edited:

entropical

Veteran
Thanks for getting ahold of them! I havent had a hermie since i started growing regular seeds. Thats the big reason for me. Im far and away no professional though, crossing strains and such. maybe one day
Seen a few of them in different crosses, not necessarily from the pre98 side though. No experience with VG, sounds interesting.

Tynehead Tom

well.... i popped my last 2 P98 bubba S1's from the first release (old seedbay)
only one came up and it only popped coytelodons and no center growth for a top shoot.....
So I babied it along and it finally started putting out some growth maybe 5 days ago I guess.
Bubba's are always slow regardless and I am really happy to see this little seedling fighting to survive and winning by the looks of it.
Hopefully I can score some more of VG's bubba s1 beans but it's hard getting them to land over here on this sie of the planet. Might have to check out those regs as well.
Here's my little fighter ;)
01-28-2023 pic 5 - Copy.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres hoping your seedling continues to improve @Tynehead Tom -i've not seen one quite like that....
that first release was 10+ years ago! i remember being shocked when they sold out in minutes.. and so did a few batches after that !

@RobFromTX i reckon the final height would be 2-3' after stretch .. they do sog quite well and don't bush out much if closer together.

VG

Airloom

Veteran
Awesome I’ll check out the s1 down the road. Im also creating a seed vault and regulars would enable me to make seeds. Who knows how nasty things could get with this war going on. There may come a day when its hard to get seeds
Just grabbed some and S1F of both BK and Lemon Thai and the only thing I’ll say is it’s for the doomsday vault. Waiting on 8’x20’ shipping container to start cold storage……thanks @RobFromTX I’ve gotta find a meeting……