What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

H

Huckster79

Thanks verdant. They are looking so good and feeling sticky and rooms had good enviornmentals so would be surprised if they didnthave nice aroma, but that makes sense once busted up. Her neigbors stink house up enough! As long as im good in the end im happy.

I can see how without scoping trichs how you would harvest this girl early. Plant looking ruffer by day fading out and pistils are solid reddish brown but lots of clear trichs left no ambers in any amount.

Really enjoying growing her.... what a beast plant structure-wise and i dont think harvest is going to be too shabby either :)

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Day 56

Day 56

Here’s my beast of a girl. She suffered some bad light burn from a new COB panel when I went full power on it, but despite that she’s marching forward. She was topped twice. I think I’m starting to get some color in her. Really nice smell to her. Good trich density. Nice and full but like Huckster I’ve found them all to be clear. That was day 51 though and haven’t checked since. On the to-do list.

Thanks a lot VG. I dropped thirty-five dollars and found this sparkly girl. I also have your regular Bubba Kush... so eventually, some day, one of those boys might just come a courtin'...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one shmavis she looks very similar to the cut!

clarence has already listed up the packs so get them while you can!

H

Huckster79

Looks really nice verdant. I'll post a pic later, plant looking ruff but the portion destined for incineration I'm happy with. But yea those trichs turn long after other visual ques say she's done. my mentor walked in last night and says that girl looking haggard n ready to chop!!! I told him grab the scope, after a few "what the hell", "hmmmms". He said yea roll another week...

I had a form of light burn but I think it was uv related. Looked like spider mite spots, I freaked looked closer n scoped it and it wasn't and I looked twice closer they where to my t5 uv the more there was. Sure didn't seem to hurt anything besides my blood pressure one night! Lol.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Just checked the trichomes. Day 59. Last checked day 51. Pretty much all still clear. Nothing milky but some are starting to cloud up. I’m hoping she colors up nicely. Starting to get some purpling. I also took a lower branch at day 51. By day 56 it was dry enough to trim up and jar. Been sampling it the past two nights. Pretty happy with it even at this clear trich stage with no cure. Can’t wait to see what I find with a good deal of amber in there and after a good cure. :)

If I do get them to color up nicely I’ll stop back in and share some pics.

Thanks VG!

H

Huckster79

Oops nice job Shmavis I had in my head verdant posted those latest pics.

How much Amber you guys like on this girl?

Tynehead Tom

not missin out this time ;)
35 bucks for a 5 pak of S1 beans is a great price..... might have to splurge
thanx for the relist VG was waiting for this one. :smokey:

C.O.B.

VG I have a question and am not sure if it'll violate tos of this site or the auction site. Can I pm you or you me?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Huckster, I’m finding very nice smells from my early harvested lower sample branch. Just opening the jar is a pleasant experience. Don’t even need to grind anything up. Normally I would manicure these, but for testing purposes I didn’t overdo it.

I totally understand the coffee comparison.

Hope you find some nice aromas.

picture.php
picture.php

H

Huckster79

I sure hope so cuz shes damned aweful pretty to the eyes.... how amber do you go? Im going to take her day 70 tho im still unsure ill be very amber im day 65 and clear to cloudy...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks tasty!

my general rule with trichs is that i like to see that they are mostly cloudy, and as long as i see 10% or more amber then, providing she looks ripe, i will harvest. Other peeps may like more amber but i am conscious that amber represents degrading thc.
usually with bubba 60 days plus is plenty.

VG

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't recall where I saw it but...

Somebody said that Bubba proper is taken around 77 days. This is the pre98 cut I'm referring to, btw so I'm thinking that the S1s should be similar.

Yall have some nice lookin plants as well.

VG, are you going to make any more of the Bubba regs? Or possibly a bc to either line, in the future?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi MJ, yeah some people take bubba for longer i think to make it more soporific but i find the best balance is around 60-70 days. i thought the katsu was the one taken longer but never grown that cut.
i think the bubba regular s still in stock and if not i have more seeds to send in. i want to fully evaluate that line and also i have made a fat bubba bx to the pre-98 cut that i have to test as well (the fat bubba had the sour bubble outcross)
i will decide which line has the most potential and the try to work them further.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Here’s my beast of a girl. She suffered some bad light burn from a new COB panel when I went full power on it, but despite that she’s marching forward. She was topped twice. I think I’m starting to get some color in her. Really nice smell to her. Good trich density. Nice and full but like Huckster I’ve found them all to be clear. That was day 51 though and haven’t checked since. On the to-do list.

Thanks a lot VG. I dropped thirty-five dollars and found this sparkly girl. I also have your regular Bubba Kush... so eventually, some day, one of those boys might just come a courtin'...

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image
Damn that's nice, I was viewing them on a phone earlier in the photo thread, but that is screensaver worthy when I see it full size. Do you have your own thread about it?

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Damn that's nice, I was viewing them on a phone earlier in the photo thread, but that is screensaver worthy when I see it full size. Do you have your own thread about it?

Thanks moses! I couldn’t even get her all in frame for that full shot, and I was trying. Really should’ve used my other lens. Needless to say, I like her and am very happy to have her. Might’ve struck gold.

No thread. I was just going to share my experience along with some some pics here... I shared those others in the photo section to, well ...set them free! Plus I thought over there they might better help drum up business for VG and the Bay. :)

Of my five beans, one developed cotyledons but never developed an apical tip for some reason. Of the remaining four two were very similar in that they had little to no internode spacing, and very slow. The other two were very similar to one another in that they were much more vigorous and had a good deal of internode spacing. For the purpose of remaining within plant limit counts, I kept my favorite girl from each set.

Here’s the other one. Grown at the same time under the same conditions. This one wasn’t topped. Very very slow grower. I trimmed up some of the lower branches but otherwise let her do her own thing. Probably should’ve thinned some of it out. But doesn’t really matter because no matter how good the flowers, I can’t justify keeping something this slow. Her flowers do have a really nice purple hue though... and to me she has a sweet hash smell to her...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

At any rate, for the asking price, these beans are a steal!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Thanks moses! I couldn’t even get her all in frame for that full shot, and I was trying. Really should’ve used my other lens. Needless to say, I like her and am very happy to have her. Might’ve struck gold.

No thread. I was just going to share my experience along with some some pics here... I shared those others in the photo section to, well ...set them free! Plus I thought over there they might better help drum up business for VG and the Bay. :)

Of my five beans, one developed cotyledons but never developed an apical tip for some reason. Of the remaining four two were very similar in that they had little to no internode spacing, and very slow. The other two were very similar to one another in that they were much more vigorous and had a good deal of internode spacing. For the purpose of remaining within plant limit counts, I kept my favorite girl from each set.

Here’s the other one. Grown at the same time under the same conditions. This one wasn’t topped. Very very slow grower. I trimmed up some of the lower branches but otherwise let her do her own thing. Probably should’ve thinned some of it out. But doesn’t really matter because no matter how good the flowers, I can’t justify keeping something this slow. Her flowers do have a really nice purple hue though... and to me she has a sweet hash smell to her...

View Image View Image View Image

At any rate, for the asking price, these beans are a steal!
Damn that's freaky, looks like an interesting line to search. I bet the smoke will be top shelf on that round ball pheno!

H

Huckster79

Really happy with the chop, they purpled in last couple days really nicr. I gotta say smell came out once i started trimming for sure. Definitely the tightest densest buds iv ever produced and the sample smoke was great. Alrwady moved the vegging bubba to flower cuz even as slow as she veges she was getting close to too big for my tiny room, thank god shes not real stretchy

Latest posts

Latest posts