What's new

BT spray?

Never used that type but darkening isn't burning I wouldn't worry about it if it's just BT and nothing else. You can google product+MSDS and look it up yourself. Think of a bacteria organism. When it dries it basically disappears for the most part over time. I have never observed this darkening effect but I imagine that it would go away. It's nowhere near the problem of crop loss / diminishment in quality from caterpillars and botrytis. If your intuitions telling you to cut the dose then do it. You could say plants speak to us in this way.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
BT doesn't work for shit, I been applying since first sign of flowers. i plucked a dozen this morning just little cats but i got em before they got into the bud. I only have 10 plants outside but if they finish out I'm hoping for 10-15+pounds. Im using Safer Caterpillar killer at 1 TBS per gallon

It does work but you would have been better off hitting them much earlier. They are easier to kill when they're young. There might be other options out there but this is probably the most inert and organic.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I been spraying weekly to 10 days since day one, starting first week of june. I have other plants outside like a freaking butterfly bush but its more like monarchs and others not the white moth. Id like to know where i can find a bulk load of wasps...

I use it in April. I've had good luck with wasps at my spots. They look pretty awesome hunting them and carrying them away. But you ideally dont want it to get to that point, if it happens they're an ally.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I use it in April. I've had good luck with wasps at my spots. They look pretty awesome hunting them and carrying them away. But you ideally dont want it to get to that point, if it happens they're an ally.

How about chickens, do they keep the cats down too?

Never used that type but darkening isn't burning I wouldn't worry about it if it's just BT and nothing else. You can google product+MSDS and look it up yourself. Think of a bacteria organism. When it dries it basically disappears for the most part over time. I have never observed this darkening effect but I imagine that it would go away. It's nowhere near the problem of crop loss / diminishment in quality from caterpillars and botrytis. If your intuitions telling you to cut the dose then do it. You could say plants speak to us in this way.

I haven't seen too many cats this year but I was gonna spray for them anyways because I saw just a couple on some leaves. I'm wondering if there gonna be hiding in the buds...

Anyway, your right. It didn't cause any major problems compared to what cats can do. I'll spray for them.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran

If we are trying to keep it organic i would get wasps. I have a swimming pool right next to my plants and have been constantly pulling honey bees out of it by hand to put on flowers. I don't mind handling those. but a wasp would bite me any chance they got. I think next season we will put up a mosquito net, we already have it but everything is overgrown and to late to install it

I never intentionally used them per se, just noticed it happen, wasps are very aggressive, at my last place if I ate chicken outside I got swarmed but rarely ever bit. Great if you have caterpillars! I dont know about chickens living...dont think they will pluck cats off your nugs without scratching up your roots and dumping nitrogen all over them.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
If we are trying to keep it organic i would get wasps. I have a swimming pool right next to my plants and have been constantly pulling honey bees out of it by hand to put on flowers. I don't mind handling those. but a wasp would bite me any chance they got. I think next season we will put up a mosquito net, we already have it but everything is overgrown and to late to install it

I have loads of bees around landing on the buds. Maybe wasps too. I normally don't spray BT but I'm not sure if they will be in the buds or not since I've seen a few on leaves.

slender

I'm using this safer caterpillar killer. U can see on the site it recommends 1-2 teaspoons a gallon. I spot tested 2 tsp a gal and on my more mature buds in the 6th week of flowering it darkened all the white hairs by the next day. The less mature buds in week 5 and less had no effect.

I'm thinking of dropping down to 1tsp a gal...

@slender and @tes. Are u folks using the same safer brand cat killer?

im not using the safer brand but youll darken pistils a little if u are spot spraying reguardless. especially in week 6.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
If they are on the leaves chances are they are eating your nugs, thats what they do, but you would see the rot
No rot, so must be clean. In the beginning of the season I sprayed act and that usually fights them off for me. Ill still probably spray some mixed with greencure.

im not using the safer brand but youll darken pistils a little if u are spot spraying reguardless. especially in week 6.

Ok good to know, thx.

slender

No rot, so must be clean. In the beginning of the season I sprayed act and that usually fights them off for me. Ill still probably spray some mixed with greencure.

Ok good to know, thx.

mist the plants that u think will get hit by pm or bud rot then go to spot spray if u need to. spot spraying is gonna darken things dont dilute it as high anymore this late but it'll be okay. im to the point im dropping my doses.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
mist the plants that u think will get hit by pm or bud rot then go to spot spray if u need to. spot spraying is gonna darken things dont dilute it as high anymore this late but it'll be okay. im to the point im dropping my doses.

Ok, what do u think about mixing in protekt to emulsify the bt and greencure? And as a benefit of silica to the plants.

slender

Ok, what do u think about mixing in protekt to emulsify the bt and greencure? And as a benefit of silica to the plants.

im not familiar with protekt, but it adds silica to your plants and potassium 0-0-3. ive heard good things about adding silica to plants. im not sure when to spray if you plan on foliar spraying with it. do some rescearch on spraying protekt on like week 8 flower. your deep in on a few strains. i bet its pretty good for em, silica boosts immunity and coats the plant helps rain and shit. if u spray and have good results maybe ill pick some up.. sounds legit.

im not familiar with the emulsion effect in reguards to bt and greencure. but it could slurry them and allow them to mix and disperse better it might stick . find out if silica helps emulsion. you can always get something that would allow that to happen. funny i actually googled it and it came up with me and your icmag conversation... are u on the forefront of something bigdank? :thinking:

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW

greencure already has a sticking agent in it u dont need to do anything to it. i always add protekt though just bc it also raises the PH of on the leaves and adds silica.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I spot tested the blend on some varieties in different stages of flower. Well see how it changes the color of the pistols.

Before pics attached:

Attachments

• Mickey kush before bt spray.jpg
    Mickey kush before bt spray.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Cheese candy before bt spray.jpg
    Cheese candy before bt spray.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 28

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I spot tested the blend on some varieties in different stages of flower. Well see how it changes the color of the pistols.

Before pics attached:

what dose did u use? i do know that if u use 1tbs per gallon it will turn the pistals brown but does no other damage and the plants continue flowering with no issues