What's new

BT spray?

A search is telling me 2-4tsp/g for Thuricide which is the bt slurry in water they sell at home depot. If you have them at all yes go full strength.

slender

I use those two at the same time. Once a week.

me too.... i even add serenade fungicide every week sometimes more. nugs have no burning no signs of resin development issues. i mist the plant. and spray the stems.... i only apply if fear of rain.. i add bacillus subtillis in my topdressing blood meals etc.

slender

A search is telling me 2-4tsp/g for Thuricide which is the bt slurry in water they sell at home depot. If you have them at all yes go full strength.

this dilution is correct. ive sprayed up to 4 tsp/g per gallon and ive not seen any caterpillars on my grow since then. once you get rid of them if u notice them late in flower you can ease on the dose ive heard.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran

this dilution is correct. ive sprayed up to 4 tsp/g per gallon and ive not seen any caterpillars on my grow since then. once you get rid of them if u notice them late in flower you can ease on the dose ive heard.

When u use the bt at full strength on buds will it burn the hairs?

slender

i havent had any burning and ive used the entire grow. what i do is just very very lightly mist the entire plant. i try not to drench the leaves where it begins to slide off the leaves. you dont wanna use much if any azamax during flower but im using a few drops of azamax along with the bt.. literately a few drops per gallon. i spray my rootzone for fungus gnats with a higher dilution of azamax, im no expert but i doubt thats the best way to fight off fungus gnats.

slender

i would use the dilutions i recommended and the products for everything up to about 3 weeks flower. and veg from the third week you can spray if u need to for bugs and mold etc... spray at dusk from what ive learned it works guys !

sticky367

Spinosad is a good preventative, and from what I can remember you can spray during flower if you need, and its not especially toxic to humans. It mentions in the directions that you should use it in a rotation with other products.

From google:

'Spinosad is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium that can be toxic to insects. It is a mixture of two chemicals called spinosyn A and spinosyn D. It is used to control a wide variety of pests. These include thrips, leafminers, spider mites, mosquitoes, ants, fruit flies and others.'

I think that next year I will try the safers soap with BT and spinosad starting earlier in veg. Also neem and maybe some others...

How is the BT working for you guys??

slender

Spinosad is a good preventative, and from what I can remember you can spray during flower if you need, and its not especially toxic to humans. It mentions in the directions that you should use it in a rotation with other products.

From google:

'Spinosad is a natural substance made by a soil bacterium that can be toxic to insects. It is a mixture of two chemicals called spinosyn A and spinosyn D. It is used to control a wide variety of pests. These include thrips, leafminers, spider mites, mosquitoes, ants, fruit flies and others.'

I think that next year I will try the safers soap with BT and spinosad starting earlier in veg. Also neem and maybe some others...

How is the BT working for you guys??

read above posts that i posted its working really well for me but dont drench the plants if you apply it to them as a mist or fogger throughout their entire life cycle you'll be fine once each 10 days or so add a fungicide if u are outdoor and worried about mold. i use it sparingly and when it rains.

gekolite

I live in an area with a big moth population , they can devour , the largest plants with ease , I used bt very week or so and has worked like a miracle .

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Are these moths that you guys speak mainly a Cali/PNW problem? I haven't seen anything along these lines here in Colorado but don't want to be blindsided out of nowhere. I check them over at least every other day.

SmokeGanj

bud worm?! I've heard of rot but never worm, but then again I have never had the privilege of growing outdoors. Doesn't the spray add a taste to the buds?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Anyone ever use BT and greencure mixed together as a foliar spray? I just spot tested it so well see.... Didn't have much of a smell.

The moths I've seen just flutter around from time to time. Not sure if its a west coast thing.

slender

Anyone ever use BT and greencure mixed together as a foliar spray? I just spot tested it so well see.... Didn't have much of a smell.

The moths I've seen just flutter around from time to time. Not sure if its a west coast thing.

your fine. i made a post and some people were saying they spray much harsher chems during daylight as i have been doing without any burn damage. its good brother. just spray it down when the plants no longer receive direct light. i have serenade and greencure but i dont care for the smell of serenade.it really is a pretty nasty smell. greencure and bt will work in the same foliar spray container. i think you could prob double dose without seeing burn or with any adverse effects.

Cali definitely deals with them. Some places more than others. Some years more so than others. BT works great especially if you get them early they won't do any damage. It's cheap and leaves no smell its a bacteria just don't inhale the bottle I got a whiff and it gave me a headache.

Tyson53

We have the worms an moths on the East Coast also....I spotted a green cat on a bud 3 weeks ago and its been Bt since every week...I grow in a garden and also in a GH..I bought a cheap bug light at wal mart..set it about 30 feet from grow area..I can see it zapping moths all night..most moths lay eggs at night...scout during the day..lol..

now that I have seen pillars on the buds i mix Actinovate with the BT...prevention..I have got a bit of rot but very small...grape size...i just cut it off an spray Hydrogen peroxide on the area...

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm using this safer caterpillar killer. U can see on the site it recommends 1-2 teaspoons a gallon. I spot tested 2 tsp a gal and on my more mature buds in the 6th week of flowering it darkened all the white hairs by the next day. The less mature buds in week 5 and less had no effect.

I'm thinking of dropping down to 1tsp a gal...

@slender and @tes. Are u folks using the same safer brand cat killer?

Latest posts

Latest posts