What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Phenotype would you run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ca++

I agree.. need the free samples lol

It's number 2 for me. I know nothing of the strains history, as 'I care' does, but have no love for the number 1. I would like to smoke it, as it has that now or never look to it. That as a grower, I wouldn't get involved with. In essence, it looks like it could be Bruce Bananas within 6 months. I have to wonder how the finishing times compare, or if it will even manage in a commercial environment. This is not a close race at all, based on the snapshot in time I am seeing. With BB2 looking like a solid performer, and BB1 looking like it's going out of tune. If however it's meant to look like that... I still choose bb2. I expect it's denser, faster, smellier and frostier. It might not be as individual, but that's a difficult selling point to help recoup losses with. We have all been there, keeping something alive because we like it, and it pads out our catalogue. Knowing it's actually costing us money, giving it space that could be better used. I think that's where the bb1 falls.

How about a nice 16 weeks strawberry haze instead? :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree.. need the free samples lol

It's number 2 for me. I know nothing of the strains history, as 'I care' does, but have no love for the number 1. I would like to smoke it, as it has that now or never look to it. That as a grower, I wouldn't get involved with. In essence, it looks like it could be Bruce Bananas within 6 months. I have to wonder how the finishing times compare, or if it will even manage in a commercial environment. This is not a close race at all, based on the snapshot in time I am seeing. With BB2 looking like a solid performer, and BB1 looking like it's going out of tune. If however it's meant to look like that... I still choose bb2. I expect it's denser, faster, smellier and frostier. It might not be as individual, but that's a difficult selling point to help recoup losses with. We have all been there, keeping something alive because we like it, and it pads out our catalogue. Knowing it's actually costing us money, giving it space that could be better used. I think that's where the bb1 falls.

How about a nice 16 weeks strawberry haze instead? :)
So you feel 1 looks underripe in comparison to 2? They seem both to be pretty developed for 56 days in. But ill say this, the 2 is way denser and riper faster so thats a certainty. And i cannot tell you how many things ive “kept alive” at our own loss for the sake of sentimentality. And thanks but no thanks on anything that needs more than 9 weeks hah

Ca++

It does look ripe, but I just want more from it. I guess it's rot resistance isn't at question though. What's it going to look like dried..

I Care

The return on investment thing is a good point. That stuff CannaT showed is some platinum grade. I get that people don't like growing platinum and then putting it there on the menu making the rest of the stuff look like bronze. It’s two different philosophies, maximizing profit or maximize quality. There is not really any way to be in the middle, but when I buy milk I don’t always buy the expensive stuff. It is really all about the flavor, and if it all smells and tastes the same anyway I’ll just buy the cheap stuff. Cheap milk is fine with my cereal, it doesn’t taste as good from the glass but it’s good enough. So I get that it’s a money thing. But why not grow only high fielders to begin with, you wouldn’t get banner for the dry weight. You would get it for its density of goodness per gram.

I Care

If your going to put BB2 on the product shelf and keep that in rotation. be greedy with the BB1 and keep everything from it for personal stash.

Nothing needs more than 9 weeks unless you just want weight. A lot of things are already over ripe when they start to amber up anyway. I grew a diesel cross my first grow that was the earlier stuff I chopped was better than the later stuff. That’s the stuff I ended up keeping for myself.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trust me @I Care , if the 1 is as good as you seem to think shes not going anywhere. They are vastly different. Our number one priority is quality and then demand, followed by yield. So if clients love it, its gotta stay and we will learn how to make her bulk up more. Maybe she will respond well to hard defoliation or more serious drybacks. Theres a lot we can try, this is the first plant ever, shell at a minimum go in a bench this next round, two of each pheno are going into flower soon. Really nice plants in veg as well.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, just took these down. Unfortunate news for those in the BB1 she threw nanners. A fairly decent amount too. Most of them must have started in the past week-10 days. It’s late and none of them opened yet but its still too risky to keep running her. So thats 2/3 females i had that threw nanners somewhat late in flower. Anyway, the #2 stays and the #1 goes. Ill close this poll. Thanks everybody

I Care

Shame, was definitely going to be the better smoke. Thought that’s what those were starting in the first pic, long time since I saw nanners. I thought it was environmental or root zone or something else I couldn’t explain. So it can be the individual pheno too. Good to know. Thanks

Ca++

Well, just took these down. Unfortunate news for those in the BB1 she threw nanners. A fairly decent amount too. Most of them must have started in the past week-10 days. It’s late and none of them opened yet but its still too risky to keep running her. So thats 2/3 females i had that threw nanners somewhat late in flower. Anyway, the #2 stays and the #1 goes. Ill close this poll. Thanks everybody
Glad it showed now, than after committing to it. The bb2 looks good though, and it's all part of the selection game. No real loss :)

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad it showed now, than after committing to it. The bb2 looks good though, and it's all part of the selection game. No real loss :)
Right! Ill have some fun smoke from it, she smells lovely and has terrific color. But yeah, not showing the morphology i appreciate in the other one. Not a loss, just part of the game. My favorite game :)

kro-magnon

Veteran
I have already cloned a 1 or 2 females knowing they were producing a few nanners or male flowers but I thought the buds were worthy of the headache and was only growing one by run for my own headstash.
If you look closely on the first picture you can see a nanner forming, down right part of the bud.

Ca++

Are you looking at the limey green bits. About as big as a seed, and with a segmented look, where they may split?
I may of seen these subconsciously, before calling it bruce banana.
Some buds will form such growths, but it goes no further. They can even chuck white hairs out. It's kinda sat on the fence. Not sure which side it will fall. You can get a certain flavour from such plants, which is enjoyable. Though overall, it's not a desirable trait.

I really didn't notice that specifically, but saw something in the overall shape of the bud. A more holistic view of something not right.
iu

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
I'd have to wait for feedback an final yield difference. It's "easy" to go with #2 based on looks an smell growing but dry nugs can be different story.

Plus we're leaving out 1/3rd of the discussion, the high. Can't know until dry. Fast veg could offset the density of the yield isn't too far off.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd have to wait for feedback an final yield difference. It's "easy" to go with #2 based on looks an smell growing but dry nugs can be different story.

Plus we're leaving out 1/3rd of the discussion, the high. Can't know until dry. Fast veg could offset the density of the yield isn't too far off.
I had to cull the bb1 as it showed intersex traits at the end. Not worth the risk unfortunately.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
I had to cull the bb1 as it showed intersex traits at the end. Not worth the risk unfortunately.
Did they have pollen? One of my PKB keepers threw a few sterile single bananas. The popped out around day 70, I pushed the. To 74 days. Zero seeds in any plants that were in the room.

Or did it throw actual pollen sacks down low? Big difference in my mind at least. Those extremely late single bananas I'll live with

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did they have pollen? One of my PKB keepers threw a few sterile single bananas. The popped out around day 70, I pushed the. To 74 days. Zero seeds in any plants that were in the room.

Or did it throw actual pollen sacks down low? Big difference in my mind at least. Those extremely late single bananas I'll live with
It was actually nanners in the tops and they were unopened but did have pollen. No good. And they did arrive late, vs the one i culled around week 6 unfortunately did have lower ones that opened or were just starting to. I saw some pollinated stuff in that area of the room which pissed me off quite a bit. Its user error, i should have noticed sooner. Thought i was in the clear.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts